It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Cancels Boeing’s Air Force One contract-Too Much $/4,000,000,000/ Right On!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Trump said the Boeing Airforce On was too expensive and he thought Boeing was doing a number, just like an average American thinks.

He cancelled it. Think HRC would have cancelled it?

Trump cancelled the next gen Boeing Air Force One. He said it was too expensive and he thought Boeing was doing a number....

Donald Trump on Tuesday called for the cancellation of a Defense Department contract with Boeing to build the next generation of presidential aircraft, decrying the deal as too expensive.

“Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!” the president-elect wrote on Twitter.

Right on, He said we want Boeing to make good money but not that much... Ha ha ha...

“The plane is totally out of control. It’s going to be over $4 billion for Air Force One program and I think it’s ridiculous," Trump elaborated in brief comments to reporters at Trump Tower. "I think Boeing is doing a little bit of a number. We want Boeing to make a lot of money, but not that much money.”

www.politico.com...
edit on 6-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2016 by seasonal because: spelling

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think I'm starting to like this guy. So far he has done what he has said he was going to do. I will be looking forward to when he really starts making changes to what he had promised. I hope he isn't just trying to win brownie points to turn around and give the middle finger to the American public.

Don't turn your back on us Mr. Trump.
edit on 6-12-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Agreed, I was already stretching out so I didn't pull a hami grabbing my ankles yet again for a lying politician. Maybe he will work out.

And with the Airforce one deal, as long as the president is safe, that is what matters.
edit on 6-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Trump come to power promising high payed jobs for citizens ( you know.. one with t shirts and sun glasses. ) .. and first thing he did is, cancel 4 billion dollers worth contract. Who knows how many billions in day to day running costs.. and yes... That will wipe good few highly payed jobs in lot of sectors. Not to mention avarage job mainlly maned by citizens in this aviation sector.

edit on 6-12-2016 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Boeing beating their chest saying they are under "contract". Those contracts can be terminated at anytime. Especially if an audit is done that determines they are over charging which they are. All government contracts overcharge. Nobody ever challenges them because government workers don't care. It is actually better for government agencies to pay higher costs to justify their budgets and get more funding instead of their budgets being reduced. Totally screwed up system and why we are in so much debt.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

This is a good start, I hope we can depend on Trump to do the right thing when he actually takes office.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Existing thread here from earlier,

Trump to nix new Air Force One planes

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Remember it is really early, he has yet to take office. But if yo look at his actions so far, he seems to be walking the walk.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm a stickler for accuracy these days. My stomach contracts when I see false thread titles. Trump did NOT cancel anything -- as said in your thread title and in your second paragraph. You added an "s" to the title which makes it an action not a "quote" of what Trump DESIRES or what he said (with a typo to boot).

Your statement, "He cancelled it. Think HRC would have cancelled it? " is just not true. This is how crap and memes (regardless of topic) get started and why I am increasingly becoming frustrated reading here. People are turning truth and accuracy into pretzels to make their political point.

At any rate, Trump is not even sworn in yet. He has not done anything. He has not reviewed the contract or conferred with the procurement officials/lawyers to get out of it yet. We do not even know what is included in the procurement. "Hardening" Air Force One and providing it the capability of managing a global war from its location may require such things as a separate satellite for state-of-the-science space-based weaponry and communications -- of which that technology can be used by the USAF in other areas. We just don't know what is lumped into the contract. Boeing, as a prime contractor, has multiple team members with separate components. Acquisitions like this are complicated and can cross over into other things as new technology is developed and infused.

Simplifying it and stating what Hillary would do is silly without the facts. How is the "let's lock her up" working for you now? Or, there is no global warming and is a ruse by China, but let's meet with Gore just in case. Or "get rid of all the generals" -- but let's appoint them into the cabinet anyway. Or, Hillary is in bed with the Banks because she gave a speech, but let's put 3 Goldman Sachs execs with no government experience in to run things. I want to see Trump Inc. pay 35% taxes on all of the Trump empire apparel that he has made overseas (from his line of ties/shirts to Ivanka's clothing). I could go on... Sooner or later, folks will learn to judge Trump by ACTUAL actions not wishful thinking or his garbage rhetoric.

At any rate, the contract will likely get re-negotiated. Especially after the huge article that Bob Woodward had about DoD spending in the Washington Post this morning. But, how about discussing it from a fact-based starting point?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BeBoo

Donald Trump on Tuesday called for the cancellation of a Defense Department contract with Boeing to build the next generation of presidential aircraft, decrying the deal as too expensive.

Satellite Data: No Global Warming For Past 18 Years
www.cnsnews.com...

LEAKED: Hillary’s Paid Speech Transcripts PROVES How Two-Faced She Really Is
conservativetribune.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He is not President yet how can he cancel anything?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Pandaram

Remember it is really early, he has yet to take office. But if yo look at his actions so far, he seems to be walking the walk.

Really I thought he did a complete turn around on quite a few things already, maybe talking the talk still.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

That is correct. He CALLED for it (which you noted in boldface). He didn't cancel it. He has called for a lot of things. Until it happens, we shouldn't say it has happened. He hasn't even been sworn in yet!

EDIT: You might want to correct the thread title. There is a difference between "Trump: Cancel Boeing's Contract" -- something he wants to happen -- and "Trump: Cancels Boeing's Contract" -- something that has happened. And consider revising your second paragraph to reflect the truth.

CNSNEWS -- really? Run by MRC, its sole purpose is to promote a right agenda. Hardly unbiased. The article you cited also talked to only one climatologist who testified more than 4 years ago? Ummm okay.

edit on 6-12-2016 by BeBoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
How can be bargain with Carrier or any of the other things?

a reply to: SeaWorthy

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Name them.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BeBoo

How about I run all sources by you, then I can be right all the time.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

He brokered a deal between Carrier and the State. It will cost the State $7+ million which will ultimately result in more taxes for everyone down the line or a grant to the state to make it up. Obviously, this will not work on a large scale. Bribery plus the THREAT of future taxes. He was just a broker. In fact, the Union was quite pissed off they were not even involved in any of the meetings. And, in fact, the Union Rep said it was about 750 jobs, not over a thousand.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sounds good to me, seasonal! lol

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Agree with you there!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
did i hear right 170 million just to spec it out?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join