It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: huge Meteor explodes over Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Yeah, they have to, there isn't anything available in data on meteors hitting the same spot continuosly, that would imply some major force at work that is attracting them.

So the latter, they report them often.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Yes, everyone and their babushka.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Does every driver have dash cam over there????

The accident rate is ridiculous. Then they end up in court where they argue to death. Once they started putting dashcams in all that litigation disappeared. So, if you want insurance you get a dashcam. So, yeah, pretty much everybody has one now.

We actually bought a gopro- and when we are driving its mounted to the dash recording, BECAUSE we saw so many of those Russian accident compilations on youtube... We thought, 'yeah that's pretty smart, we should get one of those even though driving doesn't seem THAT bad in Ohio yet.... haha, it's proof at least.'

Now as for the meteorite, I wonder if one witness thought it was a bomb for a moment..... Do the people with access to missle/bomb like weapons have advance notice of these things? Or are we just lucky Russia doesn't assume it's being bombed by us? I just figured this thing would have shown up on someones radar in time to inform the public but clearly I"m not educated enough on that to know.

-Alee

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It does seem they have more activity than most places lately. Only two possible reasons, 1. Pure luck of the draw with larger events being captured. I witnessed one in Texas in the middle of the night. Family was asleep with me driving late night and it suddenly turned into daylight. I wound up seeing it on the news the next day where it was reported in the metroplex 150 miles away. Or 2., the Russians are crashing their old satellites into remote areas to dispose of them. That would be plausible, yes? I know they can throw different colors, but still possible.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

it's way more scary that these big Space Agencies - NASA, ESA, etc. - with $ billions of funding each year, and with all those satellites up in space and super-powerful telescopes, are UNABLE to see these huge rocks coming, and unable to warn of their approaching.

(or... they see them, but they don't tell anybody - and this is even more scary...)

- note:
I am referring especially to the HUGE meteorite that crashed in Russia in 2013, that NASA did not see coming

and they did not see this one, either.

edit on 6-12-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: edit

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Does every driver have dash cam over there????

If the left had their way, you would have one too

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They sure use a lot of dash cameras in Russia. I assume it's because of the rampant insurance fraud.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well... Russia does cover, what? 21 timezones? So yea there can be something to Russia getting hit more. Especially with everyone armed with dashcams.

Cool though.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It does seem they have more activity than most places lately. Only two possible reasons, 1. Pure luck of the draw with larger events being captured. I witnessed one in Texas in the middle of the night. Family was asleep with me driving late night and it suddenly turned into daylight. I wound up seeing it on the news the next day where it was reported in the metroplex 150 miles away. Or 2., the Russians are crashing their old satellites into remote areas to dispose of them. That would be plausible, yes? I know they can throw different colors, but still possible.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Combination of it being such a huge country, and the number of dashcams. I saw one here in Aus a few months ago, it didn't quite light up the sky but it had a tail and I saw it break up into a few pieces. No dashcam though so it didnt make the news.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Let's hope we get dashcams for Christmas. Gonna put my request in tonight to the wife.

Never know ya know?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I thought RT was a fake news site?

Meh, people only pick and choose news sites when it falls in line with their line of thinking about polarized topics, otherwise, cool news is cool news.

No reason to actually care when it has nothing to do with confirmation bias.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Found another YouTube video that shows the event. There are some kids ice skating and then they say "whoaaaa" as the meteorite lights up the sky, and as it passes over headthere is a whooping sound that echoes in the backgorund, that sounds like a siren or something. Not sure what that was, or where it came from. Could be coincidence? Interesting video that I haven't seen anywhere else nonetheless.

Video of a meteorite in Khakassia. Siberia. Russia

Published on Dec 6, 2016
Video: over Siberia in the Republic of Khakassia exploded and crashed meteorite. Little dot in the sky exploded, and then "lit up everything like day."

edit on 6-12-2016 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is a significant possibility that this was an "Earth Grazer". These are such low angle, high velocity and high altitude bolides that skip off the top of the atmosphere and head right back out in space. Trouble with these things, is they have most likely been captured by Earth gravity, and will come back at a much steeper angle. We did not get to see if the huge burst of light was a fragmentation event, and we certainly see the object heading out of view.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
...Ladies and gentlemen this has been YET ANOTHER successful interception by the WHITE HAT forces we THANK you for your support.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

Apparently Giant Meteor 2016 didn't get enough votes so this is all we got.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Russia needs to remove the large meteorite magnet they installed in Siberia...

Or maybe they should leave it there, how feckin lucky are we all that for some reason all these meteors seem to explode over fairly empty parts of Russia.

Im sure theres a decent Conspiracy there Im just to tired to think of 1

www.nexusmagazine.com... s-valley-of-death-part-2-4-detail

Eyewitness accounts of the 1908 Tunguska explosion reveal the existence of an ancient high-tech installation in remote Siberia that sent huge plasma spheres to destroy a meteorite in flight, preventing a major catastrophe.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: Cinrad

Let's hope we get dashcams for Christmas. Gonna put my request in tonight to the wife.

Never know ya know?

It will help you track where some of it might have landed too, those things are worth more than gold. Have you ever watched Meteorite Men? In my opinion, the coolest job in the world.

edit on 6/12/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Strange how the last two bigger meteors that blew up above Russia were not spotted and noted on Space weather beforehand. Neither was the bigger one down in South America.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

Falling satellites won't as bright, as fast or be in one big piece like that. Have a look at videos or Mir or the shuttle breaking up. Much much slower and in hundreds of pieces.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join