It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine: 65 Million Americans Should Threaten to Not Pay Taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Heck,
I'd quit paying taxes if I thought it would slow or stop the military from stealing resources from foreign neighbors.

If it'll stop the killing of innocents, I'm game.
Who cares who's in the white house if we're still killing innocents?

I guess I'll wait until that issue is raised by someone with a higher pay-grade?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Some of the best money I have ever spent is in hiring a creative accountant that used to be an IRS agent.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Sorry, that is the only part of the feds the republicans want to increase funding.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'd love for an excuse to not pay taxes.... and not be punished for it later. That will never happen.

I don't like a lot of things about our government and how it's run, and if other people don't here is what I suggest, and think is more reasonable. Vote. Vote at every possible chance. Township level, City level, County level, State level, Presidential level, etc. etc.

If the majority of people does not agree with the electoral college, write to your State reps. City reps. anyone everyone. I do it, for things I am passionate about and it does work, I have gotten responses! No i don't think I've gotten any special bills written up in my honor lol, but you get the drift. Perhaps this is because I'm more centrist than left or right, but I feel this is the most reasonable way to handle this.

EDUCATION and voting the people in who will write the bills and laws that you want in place.

And no I didn't vote for Trump and I'm not a Hillary supporter.

If one day I decide for myself the majority of this country goes strongly against what I stand for, there are other countries. Is it hard to move to another country? Sometimes. But there are ways to get what you want usually again, boiling down to education. Take every chance you have as far as that goes. There are free online courses, you can learn other languages that's usually enough to get you to some countries. Keep your options open always. Is any country perfect? Probably not. But I do my best to love this country until its personally too much. That's my right as is everyone elses. I just can't stand the bickering and the vauge I'll do this, I'll do that. I used to partake in that nonsense.

Actions truly do speak louder than words.... or text...

-Alee

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think all you liberals should keep paying taxes, think of the children, do it for the children, they need your taxes to pay for the free lunch programs in schools, and to buy books so they can learn. if you stop paying taxes the schools will have to close and all the children will have to go out and work at a pizza place.think of the children, it`s for the children.

problem solved, after reading this all good liberals will continue to pay their taxes.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Truth. We should have stopped and filing taxes beginning in 1913 when both the "Federal" "Reserve" and their enforcement division, the IRS, were created.

a reply to: FauxMulder

Thats correct but it would have to be combined with not filing as well.

People would opt for the maximum exemptions, resulting in close to nothing being withheld.

Oh, and regarding withholding:

More trampling of our rights brought to us during war time.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: Profusion

Wasn't it Herr Drumpf who stated "I don't pay taxes, that doesn't make Me a CROOK, but someone who is smart"? or words to that effect?

There's a huge difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion.

Avoidance is a practice within the bounds of the 70,000+ pages of tax code.

Evasion is illegal. This would constitute evasion.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I would rather have a big tax cut. There is no reason for the republicans to not defund all the social programs and education now. Obamacare will be repealed in a few weeks, McConnell said. Now, if they repeal, defund and cut and still don't give us a big tax break, then there will be a problem.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Tardacus

I would rather have a big tax cut. There is no reason for the republicans to not defund all the social programs and education now. Obamacare will be repealed in a few weeks, McConnell said. Now, if they repeal, defund and cut and still don't give us a big tax break, then there will be a problem.

There is only one thing democrats and republicans in congress agree on 100% of the time, and that is spending increases. When they pass a new spending bill, both sides get their way, democrats on social programs and republicans on defense spending.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Who in the new congress is going to pass new social programs or increase funding? The promise from the republicans in both house and senate is to cut social programs and increase defense. Repealing obamacare means the end of the subsidies. I expect a tax cut after all that.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It's called filibuster, I'd suggest picking up some publications on how government works.

Also, unless it's defense/social program spending, neither party is truly lock-step when it comes to voting. You are blowing some way out of proportion, and in 2 years have the chance to change the makeup of Congress.

It's not the end of the world, the biblical apocalypse doesn't occur until 2018.

edit on 6-12-2016 by GodEmperor because: double wink

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

McConnell says they are going to repeal obamacare this time.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

The same amount (percentage) that voted....about a third of a total sum.

edit on 12 6 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

My husband said the same thing. I think that is a great idea. I am a democrat in Idaho and no representation at all.

Its a great idea to have everything confiscated by the IRS and folks thrown in the Fed Pen ? It would benefit the Pen corporation though . How many prisons would they have to build to house 65 million ignorant Americans
Someone has a contorted view of life...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I find it mildly humorous how many here want to PAY the System to Enslave them.
I am not a Trump or Hillary supporter, have a full time job, Do not take any assistance from the government,,, nor have they offered any assistance as I made it thru the Crash/depression the banks caused. I cut my 'withholding' of my Extortion,,, er. Taxes because it was the only way to save my home and survive. I made it through only to have the Rapist system intact and coming for more. I don't make that much,, just a simple Veterinary Tech trying to keep my American Dream afloat... Not possible today. We have all been scammed and the system is only taking care of itself,, not any of us. And you protect and justify its actions as something good. Really?
The system is broke,, Donald ain't gonna fix it except for himself and those like him,, so the rest of us "Little People" can pay their tab. F that. Tax revolt would scare them all to death,, that is why it won't happen, and because everyone are a bunch of babies scared of the government. The Government should be scared of the People not the other way around. Been saying a tax revolt should happen for years,,, if it had happened after the bank bailout we wouldn't be having this conversation, nor DTrump as President.
Gong for Broke myself, downsizing for the bust, it is coming weather you like it or not
Tough times ahead for us all

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

As of 2015, 77.5 million households (45% of Americans) PAY NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX. Asking 65 million not to pay would be an improvement, wouldn't it?

Source for the Statistic: www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21618334]Gothmog[/post

I live in the Trump world now. That alone is a contorted view.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
lol billionaire elect dodging millions in taxes with bankruptcy = genius messiah
average joe not paying his $500 after available deductions= traitorous monster financially ruining America

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Who in the new congress is going to pass new social programs or increase funding? The promise from the republicans in both house and senate is to cut social programs and increase defense. Repealing obamacare means the end of the subsidies. I expect a tax cut after all that.

I don't think trump has to touch defense funding. That study just came out showing defense spending had 125 billion dollars in waste. Threaten them to take away funding if the waste is not corrected. The pentagon tried to bury that study, they were only looking for a little waste to improve themselves. it was too much waste. That is equivalent to all the economic output of the economy of arkansas.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Speaking of prisons. The private ones here in Idaho have been a dismal failure. My property tax money down the drain. Twenty five years of republican control and Idahoans are mad at democrats. Now their SNAP will get cut big time, not sure how Idahoans will blame democrats for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join