It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine: 65 Million Americans Should Threaten to Not Pay Taxes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I'm an independent in Texas and I haven't had any representation for the last 8 years!

What I could agree to is the 65 million Democrats who voted for Hilary go make their own country.

Frankly, I'm utterly sick to death of this "United States" thing. Its at least 2 countries, if not three or four and from where I sit, its a very unhappy "marriage". This is a country for which divorce is long overdue!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Fair enough.

65 million Democrats don't pay taxes (like they can be found paying in anything substantial anyway).

Anyone registered as a Democrat gets a zero dollar welfare check, a 0 minute 0bama Phone, no housing ...

... absolutely no nothing at all from the government.

I'm fine with that.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

This is a great idea.

When my wealth is targeted for redistribution I will just decline to pay taxes.

Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: MagicCow

originally posted by: JimNasium

Wasn't it Herr Drumpf who stated "I don't pay taxes, that doesn't make Me a CROOK, but someone who is smart"? or words to that effect?

It was but they forgive him. You know...Because he does it big league.
This thread could have been grounds for conversation however it's from the few comments I do see.
Just a flame thread to call people on welfare monkeys. Or call democrats jobless leeches.
You know because it's YUUUGE (the level of hypocrisy they secrete).

When Donnie doesn't pay taxes its "because he's an intelligent businessman."

When someone who isn't Donnie (usually a Democrat) doesn't pay taxes its "because they're loser low-life's who don't work etc etc etc."

With that said - I'm down with not paying taxes. I've always supported the concept of abolishing the federal income tax.

In 2016 America - why not? At this point in time what do we have to lose? Our freedom? The integrity of our nations economy?

Those went out the window years back.

No one pays more taxes than required by law. To do otherwise is straight up retarded. Anyone who works a minimum wage job to mega rich CEOs or successful athletes takes advantage of the tax code in any way possible to reduce their tax burden.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Whenever I don't want to pay taxes, I get scolded about the roads, the police, the military and all the public stuff I use that are paid for by my taxes.

But I guess leftists deserve free stuff so it's okay for them.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I'm not going anywhere. You go. There is one party in charge and their plan is put the feds in a teaspoon. So be it. Democrats have no power to stop. So why pay taxes if the goal is to defund, privatize, and fit it in a teaspoon. Plus no representation? Donald would think we are idiots.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: TonyS

I'm not going anywhere. You go. There is one party in charge and their plan is put the feds in a teaspoon. So be it. Democrats have no power to stop. So why pay taxes if the goal is to defund, privatize, and fit it in a teaspoon. Plus no representation? Donald would think we are idiots.

How do you think Hillary would have represented you? Do you think the Clinton Foundation would have helped you? You'd have to "donate" just to get their attention.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

My husband said the same thing. I think that is a great idea. I am a democrat in Idaho and no representation at all.

I dont think you read the chapter on how representation works in a democratic republic. You should review that. It doesnt mean you get whatever you want.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't think you should pay taxes!

Protest!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

My husband said the same thing. I think that is a great idea. I am a democrat in Idaho and no representation at all.

Well maybe you should move to a blue state where all your representation is Democrat.

Of course, then you would be whining because your urban stacked vote is worth so much less then the vote of someone in a red state like Idaho.

Just think now how much more your single blue vote in Idaho is worth compared to the blue vote of someone in California!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It is so nice to see the leftists finally getting on board with paying too much in taxes.

Welcome!

(group hugs!)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm on board now with gutting the feds. It's what the country wants, so I have to go along. So, I hope the repubs do all the cutting they promised and give me a big tax break or I will stop paying.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"Does anyone else feel like the world is collectively losing its mind?"

I think a huge chunk of the US population is losing its collective mind.

I can't recall ever this much angst, worry, fear and repudiation of result as this election has caused. The awful part of this is that assuming there isn't a civil war, there will be another one of these horrible elections in 4 years. And for the next 4 years, there's going to be no watching any of the televised news channels and that now apparently includes the so-called business channel like CNBC who spent the entire morning blathering on about Trump and his tweets.

At this point, a nuclear tipped WW3 would almost be a relief!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm on board now with gutting the feds. It's what the country wants, so I have to go along. So, I hope the repubs do all the cutting they promised and give me a big tax break or I will stop paying.

Sure, they'll shrink government just like Dubya did. Just wait.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've already gone!
I'm in Texas.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

"Does anyone else feel like the world is collectively losing its mind?"

I think a huge chunk of the US population is losing its collective mind.

I can't recall ever this much angst, worry, fear and repudiation of result as this election has caused. The awful part of this is that assuming there isn't a civil war, there will be another one of these horrible elections in 4 years. And for the next 4 years, there's going to be no watching any of the televised news channels and that now apparently includes the so-called business channel like CNBC who spent the entire morning blathering on about Trump and his tweets.

At this point, a nuclear tipped WW3 would almost be a relief!

We told you to vote for the Giant Meteor in 2016.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I should have listened! But honestly, what difference would it have made. It had no clear path to 270!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Employers withdraw taxes from paychecks weekly so they would have to make their employers stop as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just send all the unpaid tax bills to the owners of Time magazine. Either one problem or the other will be solved

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Welcome to the tea party leftist!.
What will end up happening is trump will simply pass a 0% income tax law and unload welfare programs to the states.
He gets credit, tea party wins, libertarians win. Democrats lose all their .gov jobs. What a great outcome!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join