It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Next 4 Years Should Be Yours To Enjoy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AtheAlmightyOne

The media has had a liberal bias for awhile that's obvious

I never understood that sentiment.

For a while now (like decades) Fox News, obviously part of MSM, had/has is the #1 watched news network. Fox News has the other bias. Most eyes were fixated on a MSM outlet that doesn't have a liberal bias.

One could say more of the news outlets within MSM has a liberal bias, but it wouldn't negate the fact above.

edit on 6-12-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: AtheAlmightyOne

The media has had a liberal bias for awhile that's obvious

I never understood that sentiment.

For a while now (like decades) Fox News, obviously part of MSM, had/has is the #1 watched news network. Fox News has the other bias. Most eyes were fixated on a MSM outlet that doesn't have a liberal bias.

One could say more of the news outlets within MSM has a liberal bias, but it wouldn't negate the fact above.

Think again.

The broadcast networks have a huge viewership. Guess what biases they have?

How cable and broadcast TV news fared in 2015

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My grandmother once told me that arguing with a seven year old would get me nowhere. That same advice could be used now when it comes to the libtards who are crying and hissy fitting.

Just gotta close your eyes, take A FEW deep breaths and remind yourself how young they are. It's not their fault. One day they will understand....

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did you misunderstand my post?

From your source:

Fox News maintained its lead as the most-watched news channel for the 14th consecutive year

Trump's impact became clear when Fox News Channel's first Republican primary debate on Aug. 6 drew 24 million viewers and became the most watched cable TV event of all time (excluding sports)

The point is. Fox News is part of MSM. To suggest MSM is a liberal entity, or that its bias is liberal, is off mark.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

You didn't read the viewership numbers.

Fox is #1 on Cable - 1.8 million viewers

NBC - 8.6 million

ABC - 8.3 million

CBS - 7 million

Broadcast = 23.9 million vs Fox 1.8 million

Big advantage with the Big3.andfree

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yea Fox may have been the numero uno INDIVIDUAL news network but also, the only consistently conservative one. Did you miss in my post that I despise the idiots on both sides? Liberalism was larger in all to pander to the libtards raised through the Marxist infiltrated public school system. to: Lucid Lunacy

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Did you truly read my posts or are you going off on some tantrum? I really am not
fearful because I know what's going on,I know who is in control.Several of you
are completely clueless and live under a delusion.I do have a safe place and it's
under the wings of the Almighty. I have nothing more to say to you I would be
wasting my time.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Obviously I read your post or I wouldn't be responding to you.

Your OP is basically you complaining about everyone on the left, whoever that is exactly. I'm guessing anyone who's left of any of your own positions on things. Then you complain about Obama and claim he's responsible for Racism and other things as if he actually has some control over it. Then you complain some more about how the poor "silent majority" is so burdened with PC language that they felt they needed to strike back. I think that about covers it.

My post in response was trying to illustrate that everything you complain about "the left" doing is happening equally on the right as well. That it's very hypocritical for you to try and make it out as so one sided when it's not. Especially since your biggest complaint seems to be PC language. Well, just so you know we're all put off by different types of PC language from time to time but it's just language and a shift in culture and there isn't really much you can do about it. Complaining included. It just is what it is and I'm not sure what you want to change about it.

But it does get tiresome having to read post after post of someone throwing a pitty party b*tch fest and blaming everything on something as general as "the left". The left of what??? Can you even define the left??? How many different positions does one have to have before they're considered the left??? Where is the line between left and right??? These and many other questions never seem to be defined yet we go around and just label others and then vilify them constantly. What purpose does that serve exactly???

If you feel slighted, insulted, marginalized, etc. I understand how you feel, believe me. You know who else feels like that???? Pretty much everybody. That doesn't make your case special and it doesn't earn you any extra cake and ice cream any more than it does anyone else. We all are being insulted, slighted and marginalized every single day and what makes it even worse is having to listen to everyone blame everyone else for it all the time. You should understand this since you think everyone is also doing it the same as I do. So why join them???

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't know how you get off saying that I am always playing the victim card and throwing
pity parties.All I was doing was sharing an article that I read earlier today.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My initial post acknowledged that. My quote:

"One could say more of the news outlets within MSM has a liberal bias"

Fox is #1 on Cable - 1.8 million viewers

Right. Cable news networks get less exposure. It's worth pointing out that its main cable competitors, the liberal leaning CNN and MSNBC, still don't beat Fox News in viewership even when they often combine their numbers. Something FNC has maintained for over a decade.

This article from Fox News itself talks more about how much they're currently beating their competitors: link

Either way, my point was not that MSM doesn't have liberal leaning news networks. I thought I had been clear on that. I'm saying it's quite silly that people so often straight up say the MSM is liberal meanwhile you have its #1 cable news network smashing its liberal competitors year after year.

More accurately, what could be said is that MSM is both conservative and liberal leaning depending on what channel you're tuning into.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Several of you
are completely clueless and live under a delusion.I do have a safe place and it's
under the wings of the Almighty

I'm going to take a super wild guess and say i'm one of those people in your eyes.

If you feel safe under your Lord's wings then why has my post to you been ignored? Why the passive aggressiveness?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is neither silent nor the majority. Based on thread after thread of conservative whining, even though they won the electoral vote.

More like the left whining. Dont ya even watch the news ? The lack of does show in your posts.Which group was whining and crying such that they needed safety pins , play-dough ,crayons , etc. And these folks were over 18. Not 4 year olds.
And you speak of whining ? and , for some unknown reason , the left doesnt comprehend logic and reason such that Trump won the electoral vote. The only folks I hear whining are the ones that think Hillary should be President due to the popular vote....

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I don't know how you get off saying that I am always playing the victim card and throwing
pity parties.All I was doing was sharing an article that I read earlier today.

Well, how many of your other posts similar to this one do you think I can find if I looked??? More than 5??? 10??? 50???

I won't but is that really the point of what I'm saying???

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Believe it or not no.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Actually, the problem started with Reagan, where heavy borrowing and spending began.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join