It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Next 4 Years Should Be Yours To Enjoy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Obama's campaign platform "Hope and Change" promised to fundamentally change America.
America is a much different country than it was 8 years ago.Having been pushed farther to
the left than ever before.Obama's overreach,extreme liberalism he pushed too far,too fast
and broke every rule in the book to do so.

Which caused the silent majority,which is conservative,to rise up in this election and throw
off the burdensome yoke of progressive-liberal oppression.To undo the damage that Obama has
done to our country.The silent majority is looking for a return to our country's founding principles.
But that liberal oppression is not over.They will continue to use political correctness,name calling,
and ridicule to silence anyone who shares a conservative message.

In order to stand up against political correctness and return to conservative values.We have to be
willing to accept the ridicule,name calling and abuse from the left when it comes.Standing up for
the things we believe when it comes.What we need is for mainstream America to be heard.
www.survivopedia.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So many people have said this but I will say it again. ..
Even if I don't like what you are saying, I will will defend your right to say it.
PC will never figure out how to make that work.
When you protect one group from being offended or getting their feelings hurt . that very group is probably saying or doing something to offend a different group. You can make everyone happy all the time, let people say what they like, if you don't like it then don't listen to them, we are at a point now that the word ,boy,girl,man,woman are offensive to some people.
Come on people, just live your life and let oothers live theirs. As long as nobody is getting hurt than really what does it matter?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I truly hope the next four years are better or at least don't get worse. I truly hope that Trump delivers what you all are expecting him to deliver and that he doesn't turn out to be just another political con man.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Right now we have to make sure that he survives long enough to get
into the White House.Seeing he has so many death threats against him.
Time will tell what kind of president he will make and what happens to
the U.S.
allnewspipeline.com...
edit on 6-12-2016 by mamabeth because: added link

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
I truly hope the next four years are better or at least don't get worse. I truly hope that Trump delivers what you all are expecting him to deliver and that he doesn't turn out to be just another political con man.

I voted for him with exactly that in mind. We either get the change necessary to correct the disaster that most of us see coming OR it was all planned out and we all lose? Either way, we will see change for the better or just continue down the path of destruction that those calling the shots have planned for us.

Until people recognize just how free they are and be willing to fight to retain that freedom, we might as well just hunker down and wait for the end of life as we know it. The division we are seeing politically is not by accident! This was well orchestrated and took years of conditioning to get to this point. I would like to be optimistic and think WE can get past it, but sorry to say I just don't see it happening.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It is neither silent nor the majority. Based on thread after thread of conservative whining, even though they won the electoral vote.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Obamas reign will not be judged kindly in the years to come. He made clear to the rest of the world that he WAS a man to be trifled with. He drew multiple lines in the sand and then fiddled as Rome burned.
He alienated himself from his traditional Allies, turned his back on the U.K.
He brought about the return of racism to the forefront in the USA, allowing black lives matter to kill cops.
Despite cop killers, Islamic terrorism and aggressive Russian and Chinese policy he refused to tell it how it is, instead opting for a passive downward decent into anarchy. Are we really sure he didnt have a 666 tattooed somewhere?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I think there are more conservatives who have been brow beaten
into shutting up.Since the liberals love hurling their pseudo superior
attitude all over the place.Using tools like political correctness into
shutting anyone with a conservative view down with threats of lawsuits.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I know D.Trump has a lot of work to do from the mess made by the last 3 Presidents/and other idiots. But like most people, believe, Trump will accomplish what others have failed to do and stabilize America once again.

Great Post s/f!!!
edit on 11 21 2016 by LadyButterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

In order to stand up against political correctness and return to conservative values.We have to be
willing to accept the ridicule,name calling and abuse from the left when it comes.Standing up for
the things we believe when it comes.What we need is for mainstream America to be heard.
www.survivopedia.com...

What would those conservative values be exactly? An eye for an eye, and a mouth for a foot.
In any case, you just said the 'silent majority' already made themselves heard???
Now they have a very unsilent ejit heading for the White House.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Awwwwww.....Let's all shed a tear for those poor poor conservatives who've been so hurt because someone said something to them they didn't like.

Did someone call you a racist or homophobe for simply being pro-white and anti-gay??? You poor poor people. You're the only ones who ever get anything mean said to them huh????

Because nobody else has to handle being called names or have someone disagree with them do they??

Give me a break with your sob stories. You act like you the only ones who've had a bad word thrown at you. Get over yourselves. You're love for yourselves and your opinions is out of control. You're either persecuted christians who make up BS about locking you up for going to church or you being attacked by leftists and muslims around every corner. None of which is actually happening. You're controlled by fear and have been exploited and played by the Right Wing Extremists to believe in your own peril from outsiders and your own weakness and fragile position in life. Also, neither of which is true.

Why don't you act tough like you always claim to be and stop whining because you can't handle some harsh words or judgement. You expect everyone to accept your judgements of others but can't handle it in reverse. Grow up.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Would you mind listing your exact 'conservative' views that you believe dearly? What are your thoughts on the Conservative Governments stances for/against your views. Is there any 'break-point' where you would become disillusioned with the Republican party as not authentically representing conservative values?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectospasm

"allowing black lives matter to kill cops. "

Um, I think you may need to check your notes. I'll help clarify for you: white cops have actually been killing black people in record numbers these last few years(decades) and receiving little if any punishment. I can see how you might make that mistake (easy to get the words white/black mixed up).

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Thanks,I needed a good laugh today.One more thing...it's the liberals
who are crying that their leader lost,it's the liberals who have encouraged
minorities into staging riots,it's the liberals who have to have their safe
places and it's the liberals who need a pacifier.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Allow me to correct you. "black people have been killing black people in record numbers".

The difference is that the cops dont condone it. They dont actively encourage it, in fact they put their lives in the firing line so many times that they get a bit trigger happy, because, you know, while they are intervening in the crack pimp wars, they would like to get home to see their families at the end of the shift.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

America is a much different country than it was 8 years ago.

It's so vastly different that the only thing you could come up with is "political correctness" which is something you were all whining about eight years ago. The biggest difference there is that you whine more now because you're addicted to playing the victim. I'm a straight white male in the middle/upper-middle class and while I am an atheist, I was raised Catholic (by Republicans none the less) and I married a good Catholic girl. I am not and have never been particularly "PC" — unless you by "PC" you mean that I don't run around hurling racial epithets. Why do you believe it is that you feel that you've been oppressed by "PC" for eight years and millions of other people just like me do not?

The crap you're whining about is the least of the things that concern me.

What concerns me is protecting/regaining fundamental rights, dealing with the employment issues wrought by technological progress/globalism (which has profound implications for our social issues) and national security.

The "silent majority" is a rhetorical device for identity politics that was made popular by Nixon. As I've pointed out a number of times to people who are as similarly deluded as you, in the ten elections following Nixon, the split was 5/5 for Democrats and Republicans.

As it stands, in this last election, it appears that somewhere around two an a half million more American voters cast their vote for Hillary Clinton than Donald Trump. I understand the appeal in believing that yours is the majority opinion but in stark contrast to your assertion, that's not what the voting shows.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectospasm

What? That's demonstrably false (and easily so). Black on black homicide rates are much lower than they were in the in the late 80's. There have been some cities which we repeatedly hear about — Chicago being the prime example — where homicide rates have been high but it might surprise you to know that the overwhelming majority of black folks don't live in Chicago.

I was planning to write a longer post but why bother? If you're this ignorant, there's a reason.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: mOjOm

Thanks,I needed a good laugh today.One more thing...it's the liberals
who are crying that their leader lost,it's the liberals who have encouraged
minorities into staging riots,it's the liberals who have to have their safe
places and it's the liberals who need a pacifier.

Really??? Because it's not the liberals claiming their being persecuted for their religious beliefs.
It's not the liberals who are constantly cowering in fear of Muslims.
It's not the liberals crying about immigrants taking their jobs.
It's not the liberals who try to blame all the hate in the world on a single black president.
It's not the liberals who you just described being fed up with being "brow beaten" by PC language.
It's not the liberals who live in constant fear of everything they're not familiar with.
It's not the liberals who make false claims of Trans people attacking children in bathrooms.
It's not the liberals claiming God is causing Hurricanes because Gay people get married.
It's not the liberals claiming the White Race is going extinct.
It's not the liberals claiming The End Times is here every GD Day for the past 2000 years.

So who needs the safe space now??? Here's a hint, it's not the liberals.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Which caused the silent majority,which is conservative

Gallup shows the majority as Independent, followed by Democrat and then Republican.

42% identify as independents, 29% as Democrats, 26% as Republicans
Independent identification at least 40% for fifth consecutive year
Democrats maintain edge over GOP in party identification and leaning
source

So if you were attempting to say the GOP (which we largely associate with conservatism) is the majority, then you're wrong.

The silent majority is looking for a return to our country's founding principles.

Unless what you really mean underneath it all is that the majority of people are Christian. It's no big mystery that the Religious Right is associated with conservatism in the USA. As much as that majority wants to believe, the founding principles of America are in total opposition to Christian theocracy.

it's the liberals who need a pacifier

I feel so ridiculed

edit on 6-12-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'd say the silent majority would hate to label themselves in such a black and white system....wait my bad red and blue. The extremes you see in the media are just that...far outliers who feel more than they think. Obviously being used to stir up the other extreme. The media has had a liberal bias for awhile that's obvious also, all the idiot sheeple liberals who don't work are easy to get to rally which.....pissed off the far right who come home from work to get all riled up again. I'm somewhere in between hating(and that is such a strong word) SJW'S and religious fundies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join