It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate Merkel calls for Burka Ban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

ANGELA Merkel’s today completed an astonishing U-turn as she formally endorsed a full burka ban following a backlash over her open-door migration policies. The German chancellor made the comments at a Christian Democratic Union (CDU) conference having recently declared she will seek re-election.

She told the annual congress that it was legitimate to expect integration from newcomers, underlining her party’s bid to ban the full face veil.

“The full veil must be banned wherever it is legally possible,” she said to a large round of applause.

Merkel also stressed her determination to ensure that there’s no repeat of last year’s huge migrant influx as she seeks a new two-year term in charge of her conservative party.

Too late Merkel. You ignored the wishes of the majority of Europeans in general and Germans specifically. You shoved as many alleged "refugees" down the throats of Europeans as you could and quickly as you could. You made excuses for and covered up rapes, assaults and abuses of welfare of all kinds by your "guests."

Now, you are realizing that like Brexit and Trump.... your time is finished.

As skeptical and cynical as I am, I have confidence that my brethren across the pond will dispatch you and toss you into that often cited "dustbin of history."

Tossing a bone of "ban the burka" will not save you. People are, in fact, stupid but they aren't THAT stupid.

Merkel's Burka Ban

edit on 6-12-2016 by eluryh22 because: fix link

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
More like Urkel. Did I do that?

I think it is too late for her to pander now. The rest of Europe has or will have had enough.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

“The full veil must be banned wherever it is legally possible,” she said to a large round of applause.

Are they actually banned or is it just lip service to appease the 'burka banners'?

Try and keep it together EU, this isn't your main issue.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh, "the Sun" this time.

/ignore

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Oh, "the Sun" this time.

/ignore

There are other sources. CNN

There is this thing called Google. In as much time as it took you to write your post you could have found many, many other sources.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Germanys economic migrants will feel like this is a bait and switch.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So she hands them the world and then thinks she can pull the rug out from under them?
This should be interesting...talk about backlash.

She went the wrong direction in the first place. Pulling a U-Turn will not keep her from traveling down that road.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Maybe you would prefer this

The Independant

Or this

Washington post

or how about this

some thing from germany

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why do you have to be an immigrant to be a Muslim woman who wears the Burka?

I'm sad if she feels a need to capitulate against extreme hard right tendencies, and I'm not even sure Germany could make wearing one illegal without adopting the same secular laws as France which technically ban the overt wearing of any religious symbols, although predictably it's only Muslim ones that appear to be an affront to those that state they believe in liberty and equality.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Germanys economic migrants will feel like this is a bait and switch.

"Economic migrants"

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Step 1. Invite millions of another culture into your country.

Step 2. Place restrictions on that other culture.

Step 3. Create police-state by enacting laws after riots ensue on all population of country to quell riots.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
So she hands them the world and then thinks she can pull the rug out from under them?

As with 0bama, the damage done is likely irreversible ... short of major bloodshed.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
"Economic migrants"

Ya know ... if they are that hated ... maybe it's better to just not look.

It's not like there's a 'real' requirement to help anyone. Some people make their beds and I believe they should be given 100% opportunity to lie in them.

Might sound cold. Might be the flavor of the next four to eight years. Better get used to it. Hahahahaha

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Kali74
"Economic migrants"

Ya know ... if they are that hated ... maybe it's better to just not look.

It's not like there's a 'real' requirement to help anyone. Some people make their beds and I believe they should be given 100% opportunity to lie in them.

Might sound cold. Might be the flavor of the next four to eight years. Better get used to it. Hahahahaha

So when the West is attacked aka Paris, Nice, San Bernadino etc we should all lie in the bed we've made for paying war taxes that destroyed an entire region?

Something tells me you disagree with that.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The real irony is I don't even support Burka bans.

What you choose to wear on your time is your business. But if you are getting government documentation...or want to go through security to fly...or work for an employer who has a dress code...tough turds. Leave the Casper uniform at home.

Seeing Merkel do this now makes me have even less respect for her.

The only thing worse than too little too late is the wrong thing, too late.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
So when the West is attacked aka Paris, Nice, San Bernadino etc we should all lie in the bed we've made for paying war taxes that destroyed an entire region?

Are we talking 'sanctuary cities' here? LOL I love bleeding-hearted folk.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Who is Germany's 'Trump' in this next election?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
The real irony is I don't even support Burka bans.

What you choose to wear on your time is your business. But if you are getting government documentation...or want to go through security to fly...or work for an employer who has a dress code...tough turds. Leave the Casper uniform at home.

Seeing Merkel do this now makes me have even less respect for her.

The only thing worse than too little too late is the wrong thing, too late.

I don't mind burkas being worn, as long as anyone that wants to can wear a mask in public (to include drivers license photos and in a bank) outside of holidays, such as Halloween.
edit on b000000312016-12-06T09:56:18-06:0009America/ChicagoTue, 06 Dec 2016 09:56:18 -0600900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22I think some-one should take her to one side and give a good shaking and shout in her ear "it ain't the women that's causing the trouble, it's the men".

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So those in the pic are in germany now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join