It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedo Scandal Sends Shock Waves Through U.K. Youth Soccer Clubs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
17 different police forces are investigating 350 child sex abuse claims in 55 UK Soccer clubs

In the weeks since, a half-dozen other former players have come forward in the media, alleging years of abuse by multiple coaches and scouts in the U.K. More than 20 former pros have alleged abuse to the Professional Footballers' Association. Some 350 people have reported abuse at youth soccer clubs to police, according to The Associated Press.

Now some 17 different police forces are investigating the scandal. At least 10 suspected pedophiles have been identified, the AP says — and allegations are emerging that authorities within the U.K. soccer world paid off victims in exchange for their silence.

"It was the worst-kept secret in football"

The narratives of those who say they were abused trace a similar arc: Vulnerable young athletes meet powerful coaches and scouts; their families are captivated by the dream of a career in pro soccer. Staying at a coach's house or taking trips without supervision are par for the course. When the abuse begins, it's paired with blackmail and threats to keep the young player silent.
www.npr.org...

A number of former players linked to “several” professional football clubs have claimed they were paid to keep quiet about allegations of child abuse, according to a lawyer representing victims.
news.sky.com...

I wasn't sure which forum this belongs in. What is wrong with people. I feel horrible for the victims. I wonder what sparked the victims to step forward

Relevant ATS link:
The Vatican Has Paid Close To $4 Billion To Settle Child Molestation Lawsuits

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Wtf with pedophilia in the west these days.. sickening!!

edit on 6-12-2016 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Wtf with pedophilia in the west these days.. sickening!!

west?

Which west are you referring to?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Please don't expect anything to come of this, it will go the same way as the investigation into the government covered up pedo ring, the BBC pedo ring and the pedo ring that runs through the rich and elite. It will follow that same route and eventually less and less will be reported and less will be mentioned until finally it will just fizzle away.

My main issue is that so many different organizations are investigating this so many different government bodies are looking into this that the old saying, to many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth. I promise you it will come to nothing and we will eventually be laughed at for ever thinking there was such a investigation.

Here is a saying I have just thought up that I believe applies:

Those who have the power to make the laws have the power to break the law.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Kanye west

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

In the west the reason it seems so epidemic is because it is illegal and so when it comes out it does so in dribbles but in most of the rest of the world it is just ignored rather than investigated certain religions and countries allow it with a recent law being passed in some of the middle eastern countries that basically says you can't rape a young girl if you eventually marry her, and that women in general are never the victim look at the recent British woman who was raped by two men and she was thrown in prison.

So the pedophilia is a world wide problem it's just certain countries have made it illegal (even though it still happens) and try to deny it while other countries flat out allow it.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Thing is it is as bad as it has always been I feel.
Just with so much instant access and exposure to news and info more so than any other time in history it seems more prevalent these days.
e.g 30 years ago without the net you'd only hear about local news regarding it, now we see it globally it just seem like there is more.

With 7 billion humans on the planet, you'll always find groups of disgusting humans, thankfully they are still massively outnumbered and always will be.

Actually the one thing I do notice increasing is the amount of women finally getting busted for being pedo's. Now if we could just get the same results with domestic violence and other child abuse committed by women.
edit on 6-12-2016 by AtomicKangaroo because: added something.

edit on 6-12-2016 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Nothing wrong here in the UK. MI5 loose list of pedophillia in Uk elite. The next pedo investigation crumbles.. Carry on as normal.. Just like the Podesta Brothers and madaline mcanne..

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
and why does it take 40 years for this to come out?

if they would have come forward 20 years ago they would have been censored, silenced and ridiculed

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I find it more outrageous that you call it soccer lol your talking about English football so please refer to it in the proper manner.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TigStar82
I find it more outrageous that you call it soccer lol your talking about English football so please refer to it in the proper manner.

Huh? Read the article. It says soccer in the quoted article in the OP.

Americans call it soccer. SO, PLEASE REFER TO IT IN THE PROPER MANNER

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yeh the article is also wrong and seems to be written by another American

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yeh the article is also wrong and seems to be written by another American

I would agree if I was in England, but I am American. In America it is not wrong to use the term soccer even if referring to an event occurring in England. In America I have never heard anybody ever refer soccer as English football

What does soccer mean in England?

Is it common for people in England to know what soccer means?

Is it common for people in England to get defensive about an American using the term soccer?

Is soccer an offensive word in England?

edit on 6-12-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

yeah we know what soccer means but when the official name is football and governing body call it football so I don't understand how americans came up with the idea that its called soccer and a game that u spend most of your time HOLDING a ball u call football? If anything what americans call football is just girly version of english rugby

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
look at the recent British woman who was raped by two men and she was thrown in prison.

You stupid or what.. one of the man filmed the threesome.. thats why the case dropped and she was arrested. Apparently she was even seen urinating on both men after sex.
Go check it out. In fake news sites.. msm lies and makes u look stupid..

Obviously I not even going to debate about the rest........

edit on 6-12-2016 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

Officially, it's called Association Football. That's why they call it Soccer.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I enjoy the way that you argue about what the sport is called, when there is a serious issue for debate here. Who cares what it is called, thats not the point you morons.

Pizza anyone?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The timing of this is suspect considering the parliamentary paedo enquiry has pretty much collapsed just as the scope and international organisational aspects of it were begining to be scrutinised.

It might be my paranoid brain but it seems like they threw a bunch of disorganised, low level dirty scumbags under the bus as a distraction.. what better way than with the national sport?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

The term soccer was coined in England in the 19th century, it was more common than football up until around 30 years ago. Nothing to do with the US.

This article is about soccer, which like most things British these days seems rife with pedophilia.
edit on 6/12/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

C'mon, whilst i admit it can be a fun national sport to get sniffy about the US, "Soccer" is an English term, has been in use for maybe a hundred years or so here and when i was a kid in the seventies was widely used on TV sports and news shows and in kid's footie comics and mags. It's just less used in the UK than it was say 20 years ago. Ish.

It's the non-use of hand-egg that really pisses me off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join