It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget About Popular The Vote, Let's Look At The Geographic Vote !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Wouldn't need electorate college in this country.

Purplish map

edit on 7-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

"America is not and has never been a true democracy, and in fact a true democracy would never work in America"

That's because the notion of the democratic process is a lie, just like freewill, its an illusion of sorts, designed to keep the people happy by allowing them to surmise they actually have a hand in the decision making process.

Which they don't, never have had, and probobly never will.

This world belong to the bankers and there political puppets, and its been that way since the beginning.
edit on 7-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Actually...

For quite some time now, people have been leaving rural areas in droves and going to... densely populated areas.

Why? Because people in smaller areas are sick and tired of having not as much choice as those in big, urban areas. You can't find cocktail bread in the 6 counties around your home in Southern Illinois? Move to St. Louis. They still offer it. There's not much cutltural activity to be found at the bottom of Illinois? Move to Chicago. You can't buy blocks of Swiss cheese because you're told by store management that nobody buys it anymore in your underprivileged area? Move to New York City. You can't get your film developed in one hour anywhere in the neighboring three states and instead have to send it off where the negatives get destroyed and never sent back to you? Why, simply move to a huge city that still does offer these things. It's as if people in the smaller areas are being denied everyday items in an effort to herd them en masse into the sprawling urban areas filled with crime and Lunatic Lefties. That's why people are moving out of the smaller rural areas - they're being treated like third-class citizens. There was a time when I could purchase any of those things right in my little town of 1100 population. Now, I have to drive out of town to practically buy everything I need. There's something wrong with that paradigm.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Excellent observation!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Sounds like what you are saying thought is that population density should effect vote credibility, that's not democracy.

One person, one vote, anything else is a manipulation of the will of the people(Or could be a manipulation).

And its not like i don't agree with a significant proportion of the rest of what you said but end of the day, if indeed the US is one nation, then everyone's vote should be equal no matter whether you live in a city or rural community.
edit on 7-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It would seem to me that the key bit of information folks are not taking into account -or rather, pretending to be oblivious of; is the definition of State.

Country, State, Nation: These are synonymous. These united States of America are no exception. We are not one Country as many have been misled to believe; but a union of countries.

This is why the overall popular vote does not matter. In this light, arguing for the abolishment of the electoral college seems rather silly.

After all, we did not trade one tyrant a thousand miles away for a thousand tyrants one mile away....Democracy IS tyranny of the majority. A constitutional Republic, while by no means perfect - is certainly preferable to the alternative.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Completely love your idea ... of course, I live in a 'red' county hah.

Interestingly too, for those people wondering if there will be a 'next' civil war in the United States some day, the red vs blue map portrays the lines of potential conflict more than state borders do, in my humble opinion. Any future conflict would be urban + areas under urban occupation vs rural. Ugly stuff ... so let us just hope that the polarization of this country can be lessened before it ever gets to that point.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Very good research. Small dense population areas cannot be allowed to control the whole country. That is like creating a dictatorship. The people in these highly populated areas do not even produce a fraction of their foods they consume. Our system of the electoral college tries to balance this, and even though it is not perfect, it does keep a few big cities from enslaving the rest of the nation.

And if those big cities started buying their produce exclusively from from Mexico and other foreign nations half of the farms in the United States would go under. So those counties may not produce a fraction of the food they consume (as if that is valid measurement of anything), but they sure as hell financially support a good portion of those of you living in Farmville.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The lesson here is we are not a country that believes in voter equality. People in rural areas believe their individual vote should have more value than those in dense populations.

That basically the idea we're selling?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
so left its right lol!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Country's going full retard for the next 4 years. Fake news is in. Educated journalists are out. Science is also out. As is general decency. Best to not even try to use reason or logic- too much processing will run in circles-- put the brains in cold storage for now... we'll revisit sanity after the next 4 years of monkey's f#cking a football. And then decide if we want to double down on stupid for another 4 years.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

How are they going to get lettuce from Europe, it would be shot before it got on the shelves. California does produce lots of veggies, but the people in the cities don't. The veggies and meats would easily be absorbed into the rest of the country if the six biggest cities would buy elsewhere, on top of that, because of a lessened demand, the price would increase a bit and the farmers would be able to grow more natural foods if they desired. You act like we are dependent on Las Angeles and New York city, no that is not the case. You need to think things over a bit more. They are our brethren, but they do not deserve more rights than us just because there are a bunch living in one area.

No farms would go under, that is not even a rational statement. Farmers can sell their produce to Canada or anywhere in the world and since we would not need to import to feed the masses, our country would get economically stronger. You act like the USA is dependent on the people in these big cities. You should think before you post.

I am just saying that everyone has equal rights and that States with little population still produce things the masses need. Grain is a big thing, Las Angeles has not got the room to grow grains. Sure they can import them, but it would be more beneficial to buy them from members of your own country.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
The lesson here is we are not a country that believes in voter equality.

That basically the idea we're selling?

Correct! As I stated a mere two comments prior to this, we are a union of countries...that believe in voter equality - that each State should have an equal say in who leads the union.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Find the gun ownership by counties and lay it over the election and crime rate maps and you will find gun ownership likely matches election and crime rate maps.

You would think rural areas crime rates would be higher because of less cops per mile. but gun ownership scares criminals and many rural people will shoot first ask questions later.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Now compare those two maps to an illegal immigrants population density map.

Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Irishhaf

"America is not and has never been a true democracy, and in fact a true democracy would never work in America"

That's because the notion of the democratic process is a lie, just like freewill, its an illusion of sorts, designed to keep the people happy by allowing them to surmise they actually have a hand in the decision making process.

Which they don't, never have had, and probobly never will.

This world belong to the bankers and there political puppets, and its been that way since the beginning.

This is because the United States is a Republic, not a Democracy.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The cold hard facts put this in interesting perspective, I ask all Americans why should only 57 counties control all of America ?

Because they have the most illegal aliens and devil worshipers.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: butcherguy
That doesn't dispel the idea that it is due to high density. More victims to be had by the same criminal. High density plays a major role and is the major point...........

Yes. It speaks to UNFAIR DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Really? The areas of the country where most people live are the areas that voted Clinton? Are we supposed to be surprised by this? Let me guess, low populated places where people live miles apart from each other voted Trump? Oh wait that was implied

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I don't see a source, where did that come from?

I am someone who actually hasn't accepted that we live in a post-fact society.

I could make up my own map and choose to believe it, but it wouldn't make it any more real than your map...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join