It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Vaughan R.I.P. Goodbye " Grouty "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The sad news has just broken on the death of actor Peter Vaughan. He was one of my favourite character actors.

Famous for his role as " Grouty " in the BBC series " Porridge " and also for the " Game Of Thrones "

Cherrio Grouty me old mate.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

There should have been a song called the ubiquitous Peter Vaughan in the '70's, a great supporting actor in Citizen Smith as well. RIP

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Peter Vaughan was a great character actor , I too mostly remember him as Grouty but I also remember him turning up in all manner of TV series normally as a villain , I also remember his as Shirley's dad in Citizen Smith.

Here he is in Kate Bush's Experiment IV back in 86.

RiP Peter , Bloody good innings Sir.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The last time I saw him in a show, was Game of Thrones.

He was in a lot of T.V shows during the seventies and eighties, part of my childhood for sure.

93 is a bloody good innings though.

RIP Grouty

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
RIP Peter Vaughan - very prolific as a character actor, had an instantly recognisable face. Like watching an old family friend, an uncle maybe.

I just wish they would retire at some point. He was doing GoT into his 90s for pity's sake. It couldn't have been for financial reasons. Didn't he have a hobby?

For god's sake retire, put your feet up, read some of your book collection, take up painting. At least get out of the public spotlight...

What's the matter with people these days?

top topics

join