It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web giants to cooperate on removal of extremist content

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh wow!

And it begins. Censorship of the internet.

This has to be (amongst) the scariest news.

They will do to the internet what they have done to mass media.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: JinMI

One thing is certain. They didn't care enough about all of the other conspiracy theories that came before they were outed as pedos. Not enough to scrub any mention of it and legislate and pass laws to punish people for talking about it. They didn't scramble to erase any other story. But this one hurt them.

I agree with that - this one hurt them.

But what does that mean?

It means they are not invincible.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Woodcarver

One thing is certain. They didn't care enough about all of the other conspiracy theories that came before they were outed as pedos. Not enough to scrub any mention of it and legislate and pass laws to punish people for talking about it. They didn't scramble to erase any other story. But this one hurt them.

I agree with that - this one hurt them.

But what does that mean?

It means they are not invincible.

It may mean the information is not as important as
its suppression. I just hope they're prepared to
do the rest of what it takes. Smell a bum's rush coming?

Whatever is going on is becoming more obvious..
it also means they're going to have to work faster in
order to seal the deals. And this site is the sparsest
I've ever visited for bums.

I believe this hurt them because it's so hot even a kill
switch wouldn't stand a candle to pure word of mouth.
And if the breaker gets tripped, too many people will
know it was because of ^^that^^. Hope really hard.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This reality is closer to home than we all would like it to be. Shame.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

It may mean the information is not as important as
its suppression.

They would like to censor Trump.

But, in the current environment, that's impossible.

Hence, what we're seeing is a deliberate manufacturing and spread of "fake news" and "serious consequences" in order to build up the resolve and get people to accept that censorship is a good thing.

They have to start censoring the ordinary folks, before they can begin censoring the officials in government who say inappropriate things that could lead to wars with foreign states.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

It's like we're being driven towards a bleak future by the ignorant, the malicious and the short-sightedness of corporate politics. I have to keep reminding myself of history because this current period is growing very dark...

The ignorant don't appreciate the value of free speech or open internet and cheerlead for censorship. The malicious pollute the internet with extremism and generate reasons for censorship - "We want the Right to call for your deaths."

Political assholes kneel to lobbyists and Intel fearmongers; they get the patronage of VIPs and at what cost to the future generations?? We've got Chinese and Australian firewalls, 'Five Eyes' surveillance and no rights to privacy. These political signatories of suppressive legislation forget their own children and grandchildren will live in the world they're leaving behind.

Censorship patterns are rarely reduced or removed. It's a ratchet-click or a mission creep effect.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I can hear the stocks falling already.

Smaller companies that don't team up with the censorship will get bigger as a result of this.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Couldn't agree more.

Do you think the ones that agree and create with this agenda feel the are above the surveillance and scrutiny? Are they actually?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
And there goes the internet. It was nice while it lasted.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I actually do, yes. They live a rarefied existence above the masses and they expect to motor on for generations. Plus some are critically stupid and probably don't understand the internet age or its place in history. Do they know their very positions in life are, in part, thanks to political protest by people with illegal printing presses?? Do they bollocks.

They can agree when they don't understand. They're being sold ideas from a military and Intel perspective too. If we were Intel top brass, of course we'd want more and more powers because that's what we do, right??

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Brought to you by the FCC and their trojan horse version of Net Neutrality.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Oh what to do, what to do? With the writing on the wall and history being made, I can say it's going to be an interesting few years. Seeing this in real time is something to behold.

I firmly hold to the belief that there is a silver lining to all of this. I'm can't put my finger on it exactly. Possibly to the detriment of the way governments interact. Moreover, I'd like to see new tech emerge. Hardware to software that circumvents this bleak road we are all heading down.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
We might just go back to talking to each other in person....

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I always thought such a bleak world would happen after my lifetime. Clearly, I was wrong.

If we went back even a few months ago, the momentum we see today would have been unimaginable for the near future.

As I've said previously, I barely recognize this country.

Sad. Just truly sad.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I actually do, yes. ...
Plus some are critically stupid ..had to leave it alone.. HELL NO
MOST, Kandinsky.
They can agree when they don't understand. They're being sold ideas from a military and Intel perspective too. If we were Intel top brass, of course we'd want more and more powers because that's what we do, right??

And it makes me swallow hard to think these gods have others, comparatively
competent DRESS them in the morning. It makes you wonder what a
valet has to make in order to eat that thick a sandwich?

OK back to the thread.. worst case scenario, it's so commonplace we
ought to have the mantra after the opening line. Everybody dies,
just a matter of how and when. I'd rather do the right thing and
get incinerated by a Schwartzenootie with bad skin than chow that
aforementioned preordained feces filled croissant.

Can we have just one disaffected child stand up before it all gets lit up
and say, "Are you KIDDING me?" Maybe a couple more will wake up too.
My sister or lady love won't be either of them, slam sunk.
It's almost as surreal as Pastor Niemoller going neurosurgeon.. First
they came for the prefrontal lobes but I'm a real twit so I dodged
that sucker... I hope somebody laughed at that we're so screwed.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It's not a coincidence that this is all coming down in the aftermath of Trump's victory.

The major media platforms weren't able to control the narrative or sway public opinion, and are now in full panic mode and forced to take totalitarian measures.

edit on 6-12-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
It's not a coincidence that this is all coming down in the aftermath of Trump's victory.

The major media platforms weren't able to control the narrative or sway public opinion, and are now in full panic mode and forced to take totalitarian measures.

Sounds about right. My conspiracy side is still wondering how long Trump may stick around... if he even gets his chance at inauguration.

Either way, things are getting weird, REALLY weird, and fast.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I'd like to know what harmful messages, but more than that...WHOSE messages? To the degree the EU is attempting to stifle news concerning *certain" incidents and perpetrators, I can only imagine.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Youtube already censors some users comments.

View Youtube comments while not logged in, compare it to comments you see while logged in. I have seen my own comments made on a youtube video not show up when logged out, only shows when logged in.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

YouTube shadow bans comments on certain videos based on certain keywords. You can see your post, but nobody else can.

Reddit has implemented this sort of system in the past few months as well, especially in the default political subs. Expect many major media platforms to start going full throttle with it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join