It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beta Males In Bad Wigs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PBL666

Not at all, you're good.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Hmmm...

One of my friends, who is trans, was sheltering a trans kid who had been kicked out of their parents place over their "life choices". It did not go well, because apart from being trans, they also happened to be what folks around here tend to refer to as "a bit of a headcase". Hyper neurotic behaviour, coupled with kleptomania, and outbursts of extreme rage.

Theres no question as to that individuals commitment to their preferred identity, but that individual also happens to be a bunch of grapes short of a fruit basket. Could be that the person you are dealing with at the moment has some personality issues which do not relate to their gender identity in the least. In any case, I hope you find a way to deal with the individual, or better yet, a way to avoid having to deal with the individual at all (in the event that they turn out to be one of those toxic drains on emotional resources, who do nothing to show their appreciation for it).
edit on 7-12-2016 by TrueBrit because: added clarifying punctuation.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well this was basically what I concluded: they have a ton of other issues and have lied so much they dont even know who they are, but that they have a different identity disorder, not GD. And that they (or their mental heath professional) went with GD in stead of looking at all the other personality issues.

You first paragraph could have described me in my younger days, and even from that very streetwise perspective, this person gave me the creeps. I dont know how to elaborate on this; if I had kids, I would have NO problem leaving them with any of the transfolk I know--except this one for some (and I will acknowledge here its possibly paranoid) reason.

I do apprechiate this discourse, as mentioned, I cant talk about this IRL. They could be just a # person, and this might be a case of "takes one to spot one"?.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I have met people with all manner of identity problems before now, and am even acquainted with one very high functioning (and relatively harmless) sociopath.

The trouble with some forms of mental defect or health problem, is that the sufferer can become a chameleon, pass psychometric testing, evade or fool psychologists and doctors alike by pulling a mask of sanity across the chaotic void within, making themselves appear for all the world as if they are reasonable persons, when in fact they are a round or two short of a fresh magazine.

Could be that if this person has even been to the doctors, they may have fooled the doctor into believing that they feel a certain way, when actually all they have been doing the whole time is thinking:

a) What can I get out of this individual?

b) If I can, whats the best way to go about it?

c) If not, do I think I could get away with peeling off his skin and wearing it like a divers suit?

But, with this, as with many other things, when you hear hoofbeats, it is wisest to assume that horses are coming, than jump to the conclusion of a herd of zebra approaching!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

After what I just read elsewhere I am so over this. I'm out, they can march for their own rights, take time out their own jobs; I'm not taking another step.

This person is #, the people that support them are clueless (and #), I'm just not going to bother with it all.

I am taking myself out of that scene, going back to finish my LLB. They lost an activist with legal skills.

This is what it resorted me to do: a 15 year veteran activist deciding to # off the whole community because one #head and the morons that support him.

Thanks for the input, but its all moot now.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Oh Jesus....

What happened? Clearly something more has transpired since your last comment on this issue. Whats afoot?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Ok, grab a few beers from the fridge, I will tell what I can...

I'm on the outs for this (calling out this person) even tho I have made no public statement. Its probably due to things I have said "in confidence" to folk that have "added up" in peoples minds and then the gossip wagon has run with it. Its ok, I can leave them to their devices.

I have been coping # for being insensitive to the needs of someone who is nothing but NEEDS. I'm a bad person in their book. I should "get off my high horse" and "help"... ok, like the help anyone gave me?. They dont like having it flipped around and now I'm a selfish person--I'm not the one asking for a frikken television!.

But no, this person needs to be treated with kid gloves. Oh, its ok they lied, have you been in that situation? YES. But I mean like with nowhere else to go? YES. But you could rely on your parents? NO.

I point out that the person in question is in contact with both their parents (who are both perplexed that suddenly their adult child is now "trans") when I have one parent who is an alco that I have to support. My other "parent" TERFed me out over a decade ago when I first came out. I lived on the streets, but because I have a good job now, and good education--I'm a "rich bitch". I am so not, I support my elderly alco father, and $ cost is not just the issue--having to work and live while managing others 24/7; is not fun.

Since that last post I spent an hour or so talking to a friend (transman) about this, he is in agreement with me. He saw the gaslighting some were doing to me and having known me for longer, felt he needed to show some support. I'm glad he spoke with me, it means this is not all paranoia (or worse).

It still doesnt make for a happy situation, but at least its off my chest slightly.

I expect backlash tomorrow. (ie: let them run with it, I am no longer vested in their community, I care as much for the community as they do for me: farkall). As mentioned, let them march for themselves...

[sings Joan Baez version of God on Their Side]

They lost more than they realise. I'm not helping people who do this gossip/gaslight #, even tho the only direct statement against this person was regarding them pouring boiling water on themselves for attention (which you should be able to call someone out for that, its not like he severed a radial artery).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join