It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beta Males In Bad Wigs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I dont get it?. Wouldnt you let your hair grow before you come out as trans?. I dont buy "I need short hair for work" BS, I had long hair at every job from a blue collar laborer to a white collar junior executive, I have worked both ends of the spectrum and long hair is not a barrier to any non-military vocation (also the person I am thinking about when writing this doesnt have a job).

I guess my inner TERF is coming out today?.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PBL666

*zeta

Addendum:

edit on 5-12-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

I knew those aliens were behind this.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I haven't cut my hair for over a year. I feel like Samson! Oorah!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Oorah!.

Apalogies if that sounded odd because of my Aussie accent. Yeah mate, Oorah, just south of Whoop Whoop, get on the highway and take the next left.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Heh a year. Try 3+.

edit on 5-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Heh a year. Try 3+.

8 years here. But I dye it often and use too much product. :/

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I would never dye it. I have long hair for the fact I'm a metalhead. Wow, 8 years no cutting?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well it doesnt seem to grow any longer than it is, so I dont see a need to cut it. Its never effected my job, I dont have nits or lice or anything, no split ends, other than it being naturally grey its pretty good condition. Why mess with a good thing?.

Basically I was starting to go grey at 30, so I dye it--if you went grey I hope you consider dying it before cutting it. Keep the long hair!.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Ah alright that's good actually that it isn't growing. I'm actually worried it might have an effect in a more professional environment. So people say anyways.

Not grey yet! I fear going bald though. It'd be so odd. I will certainly die with long hair!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I'm a junior exec, I make six figures. If it looks clean its not a problem, the only trouble I have had in my "career" with my hair was a job during university laying limestone, that was bad and many split ends, avoid limestone dust; find a nice leave in conditioner, your career and hair can be in harmony

Sorry, had a drink...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Why would a trans person need to grow their hair out? What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Right... so its not enough that the individual is concerned currently with their gender identity, but they now have to conform to the hair cut you most associate with their chosen identity?

I have had friends go through the MASSIVE, wrenching, gut churning, terrifying decision to come out as being transgendered, and the one thing that I learned about being there for someone, is that my expectations of them are not important. Their expectations of them, are what are important. Your opinion of their choice of hairstyle, perfume, grooming products and choices generally, their favourite sport and how big they want any false chest they might get installed, is NOT important in the least, and if you care about this individual at all, you should not be concerning yourself with these superficial things. Concern yourself with whether your friend feels supported by their closest and mostest. Concern yourself with whether or not they are eating well and often, whether they are looking after their living environment, whether they are leaving the house for social functions or not, the important stuff.

In a word, love your friend for whoever they are, however they are, or whatever they wish to call themselves when they are done changing things. Quit worrying about the shell, let them manage that. Look after their soul instead, if you give a damn.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

1. They are not my friend.
2. I'm trans, and unlike this leech I was ranting of, I have struggled through my transition. They have had, and expected to have everything handed to them, because "suddenly" they are trans. Bull#. I should have posted the entire rant, not just a section...
3. This person has lied non stop about many things, why should I take them as genuine on any matter?.

I had to prove to a psychiatrist I was trans, go thru RLE, etc, this person has NOT gone thru that sort of scrutiny, and really makes me rethink Informed Consent.

But sure, if a beta male in a bad wig can just say they are trans, without years of effort and research, then #it, we're all trans!.

I posted this here because its not something I can say and have attributed to me, I needed to get at least some of this # off my chest, but hey call me transphobic for questioning someone who has lied to me on a number of occasions.

edit on 6-12-2016 by PBL666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Does any of what you said detract from the fact that there is every chance that the person is being honest, and just is not very intelligent, failing to realise the hoops that they might have to go through before being permitted to express themselves without attracting discrimination or derision of some sort.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

I'd wear a wig like Georgio's. On Halloween.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

My hair is almost as long as True Brits, and long it will forever remain.

Wigs... bah... laughs.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Does any of what you said detract from the fact that there is every chance that the person is being honest, and just is not very intelligent, failing to realise the hoops that they might have to go through before being permitted to express themselves without attracting discrimination or derision of some sort.

At first I did just dismiss their BS as plain stupidity, but after 6 months of their constant requests for food, clothes, cash, a television (yes they asked for a television), other appliances, attention--I saw thru it. I just wish others could see it.

But yeah, I do appropriate your earlier post, you are a good ally. Its just I have had alarm bells ringing re: this person for almost the whole year now, and I cant complain IRL to anyone.

I think they want the discrimination, because its attention. Seriously, nobody else in the past 15 years I have been part of the community has acted like this.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
double post

edit on 6-12-2016 by PBL666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

My hair is almost as long as True Brits, and long it will forever remain.

Wigs... bah... laughs.

I have never worn a wig in my life, clearly my bias shows in the OP :/

top topics

<<   2 >>

join