It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why focus on political parties?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Why focus on what party a person running for presidet is in? I think many people get involved in political parties rather than the persons statistics. In other words what has he/she actually done? What results have this person brung to other offices they have held? Has the person improved the lives of citizens under his/her power, or has the person brought poverty to his/her followers. Does this person run his mouth, yet get nothing done?

People will say "I'm a Democrat", or "I'm a Republican." Does electing a person to office because he is a Democrat or Republican mean that this person will push this nation forward, and improve conditions?

I'd rather say something like, "I vote for people who get things done, and promote the survival of the people under his controll."

Troy

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The reason is people tend to want to feel special and different and want to only be with people like them, In essence their just large scale cliques like the ones you find in schools (Populars, Jocks, Cheerleaders Etc...).
I vote for whom I think would be the better leader, such as whats their stand on the issues if their trustworthy, things like that.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Parties used to be more influential over a person's poltics, since as a party member/candidate you'd be endorsing the party platform, which was usually something that was decided upon at National Conventions, along with the officially endorsed party presidential candidate. But now partys don't stick to actual enumerated platforms.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thanks guys for your views.

My immediate family has been strongly Democrat, and I feel sort of like the lone guy. I'm not Republican either. I voted for Ross Perote back when he ran, that doesn't necessarily mean he would have been a good president, but the guy did know how to make money. I see people say "I'm a Liberal," or "I'm a Coservative." But what if that Liberal or Conservative, or Independent for that matter, brings the country down, brings the American dollar down, etc. We must vote based on skill, production, statistics, etc.

You could have someone totally great potential president who loses by a landslide because he doesn't have a political party. That's one thing that is bad.

Troy

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Political Parties are ridiculous, and George Washington aggrees with me.

new topics

top topics

join