It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Counter-Demonstrators at KKK Rally that Didn’t Happen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So we have some protesters that show up for a counter rally and the group that they thought would be there wasn't there !!

Similar counter protests had the same problem.

The KKK was supposed to demonstrate at several locations, but I bet it was just mis-info and rumors that brought out the counters.

Kinda ironic.

100 Counter-Demonstrators at KKK Rally that Didn’t Happen

Roughly 100 counter-demonstrators arrived in Danville, Virginia to show their opposition to a Ku Klux Klan rally on Saturday — but that KKK rally never actually happened.

The Danville Police Department says it was told by the Caswell County, North Carolina Sheriff’s Office around noon Saturday that a caravan of 60 to 80 anti-KKK protesters was leaving Pelham, North Carolina and headed to Danville.

Police say the group arrived in Danville and went to the Sutherlin Mansion on Main Street. According to police, after talking with members of the group, they were told that group believed a KKK rally was supposed to occur there and their intent was to engage in a counter-protest.

When they learned there was no protest, the counter-protesters went to lunch, then returned to stage a peaceful demonstration against the KKK anyway, WLOS reported.

Similar incidents were reported across North Carolina, where counter-protesters showed up on Saturday to oppose the KKK but there was only one actual rally, “a quick parade of vehicles” in Roxboro, according to the Raleigh-area News and Observer.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think I would delight in faking appearances of groups what would draw counter protesters. Keeping this morons busy with a fool's errand appeals to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I thought that now that the KKK had their man in the White House, they were done with protesting.

Who would they protest today?

Maybe this KKK protest was planned before the Elections, when everybody thought Clinton would win.

Nobody sent out the cancellation memo to the anti-protesters.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So you have a desire to keep people who would protest Klan marches occupied chasing red herrings because they're "morons." Would you consider that making you a sort of... ohhhh I dunno, Klan facilitator?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Countering a protest with more protesting is moronic.

I think that's what he meant.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

None of the purportedly scheduled Klan events were protests. They were "victory" parades/marches. At least one half-assed "parade" took place but apparently the organizer got locked up the morning of after a planning meeting got all stabby.

It was also too cold by their estimation to march in their parade so they ended up driving like 30 trucks through some random town while shouting "white power" out the windows.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Countering a protest with more protesting is moronic.

I think that's what he meant.

Why is it moronic???

What else are you supposed to do if you're opposed to a Hate Rally by a group of people??? Ignore it and act like it's not happening??? Join in and spread the Hate???

Whatever the group it is, be it the KKK, BLM, Gay Pride, Girl Scouts of America Jamboree, whatever....What would you suggest if not protesting them when they have a public rally???

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't protest. I don't even go to them to observe them from a distance.

I don't deal well with mob mentality so I tend to stay as far away from protests as possible.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Personally I don't protest either. But I'm not asking you about you. I'm asking what they should do instead??

You're saying them protesting is moronic. So what else do you suggest??

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I'm saying that protesting in general is moronic. Especially in today's political climate.

We've lowered the bar quite a bit since the 60s counter culture revolution.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I'm saying that protesting in general is moronic. Especially in today's political climate.

We've lowered the bar quite a bit since the 60s counter culture revolution.

How so??? Why is it different???

And again, what else would you suggest???

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

How so??? Why is it different???

The protests of the 1960s were for the most part very peaceful. I am reminded of an image of a flower child putting flowers in the barrels of the guns of the national guardsmen who were sent to combat the protestors.

And again, what else would you suggest???

I would suggest voting.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

No, they weren't any different than they are now. Why do you think that woman putting flowers in the guns of the national guard was such an amazing picture???

BTW, you can't vote away a KKK rally. When was the last time you saw a ballot with an option to vote out Hate Groups???

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I wish the SJWs and the KKK clash, I mean if the SJWs were looking for racism look no further than the KKK.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I wish the SJWs and the KKK clash, I mean if the SJWs were looking for racism look no further than the KKK.

Or they need to look in the mirror in most cases, they dont need to go protest a group (if they were there) who would beat the living sh*t out of them whilst they cry for their safe spaces

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Metallicus

So you have a desire to keep people who would protest Klan marches occupied chasing red herrings because they're "morons." Would you consider that making you a sort of... ohhhh I dunno, Klan facilitator?

I despise all protesters equally.

They block traffic and annoy people.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

" Would you consider that making you a sort of... ohhhh I dunno, Klan facilitator?

No , that would make a person a "Deny Ignorance (and Idiocy) facilitator"

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

When they learned there was no protest, the counter-protesters went to lunch, then returned to stage a peaceful demonstration against the KKK anyway, WLOS reported.

Sounds like a great outcome. Danville got a nice little boost to the local economy and nothing stupid happened.

top topics

join