It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recently Completed Independant Project.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I've spent the past 3 months procrastinating/drawing this project which was assigned for my drawing class. The topic could be freely chosen. Unlike most of my drawings, I used multiple references which were cropped/edited. If anyone wants me to post the references for credibility sake, just ask. I've had a few people go off on me because of that which I'm not entirely surprised considering I'm looking directly off the reference(s). Anyway feedback is always appreciated.

In case anyone was wondering, the subjects are (respectively):
Hugh Laurie
Kevin Spacey
Bob Odenkirk (Saul goodman)
Jonathan Banks

I might go back and make little touch-ups here and there before Wednesday when it's due. I noticed that scaling isn't exactly on point in some places which I can't do much about at this point.
edit on 5-12-2016 by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: golden23

My brother had the talent and never used it. I wish I had his talent but I don't. Envy is psychologically wrenching. I can't draw a good stick person. Keep it up. Good work....
edit on 2016-12-05T22:03:27-06:0010pmMon, 05 Dec 2016 22:03:27 -0600MondayAmerica/Chicago2731 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Fantastic ! Such realism..The shadowing and style is reminiscent of actual 1940's black and white newspaper photos.
I'd love to see you do a vintage style mock up front page news drawing with characters from current politics.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Why did you draw the side of everyone's face except Spacey's?

What size is that?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Pretty good stuff.

Reminds me a little of the self-portrait that I drew and am using as my avatar (background).

Which drawing class is this for?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I scaled it so that even if I filled that part of the paper, there wouldn't be enough space(pun intended) for the ears. Or if there was it would be a small part of the ear. I thought fading it out would be a better option.

The paper is 18/24 and each part is 6/18
edit on 6-12-2016 by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's just a highschool level Drawing I class. I'm taking drawing II next semester.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Right on...that's some good stuff for high school drawing. Keep it up!

top topics

join