It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Warns That Black Guy Ben Carson Will Discriminate Against Blacks?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: overanocean
Dr. Ben Carson , Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkin

Sounds to me like Trump is carefully picking Men an Women based on true character .

America is done with the freak show , at carnival night .

Can you explain why the good doctor turned down Trump's offer to appoint him as Secretary of Health and Human Services?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Perhaps, and this is 100% opinion, Dr. Carson realizes the HHS is going to be all Obamacare for the next six years. That means very little for the people and all about lawyers and legal battles and special interest groups.

If you listen to Carson, he grew up poor (not very far from me). That kind of childhood instills in a person either a "wolf" or a "sheepdog" mentality. It hard to explain, but that's as simple as I can make it. Dr. Carson truly seems to want to make some kind of difference to the people, rather than the laws.

Maybe he sees a position at HUD as such an opportunity.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yeah, any African American who is conservative isn an Uncle Tom, this is old rhetoric

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: xuenchen
House minority leader Nancy Pelosi is going after Dr. Ben Carson now.

Carson has been nominated to be the U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Nancy is strongly suggesting Ben Carson unqualified and has no experience and that could lead to discrimination.

Yet we have seen discrimination in housing continue even with "qualified" people in high positions haven't we.

Nancy Pelosi Warns That Black Guy Ben Carson Will Discriminate Against Blacks

After concocting the lie that Donald Trump ran a white supremacy campaign, liberals are now freaking out because his cabinet picks are too diverse. Having already selected an Indian-American woman and an Asian American woman, the President-elect has nominated Ben Carson as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi lost what’s left of her mind by accusing black Ben Cason of being unqualified for the job because she says he will discriminate against blacks.

Pelosi fired off an angry statement following Carson’s nomination announcement:

Dr. Ben Carson is a disconcerting and disturbingly unqualified choice to lead a department as complex and consequential as Housing and Urban Development.

Our country deserves a HUD Secretary with the relevant experience to protect the rights of homeowners and renters, particularly in low income and minority communities, and to ensure that everyone in our country can have access to safe and affordable housing without facing discrimination or homelessness.

There is no evidence that Dr. Carson brings the necessary credentials to hold a position with such immense responsibilities and impact on families and communities across America.

He's definitely unqualified. He doesn't have any relevant training or professional experience. I'd say the same if he was liberal.

Most of the HUD secretaries aren't "qualified". It is a figurehead position. Go look up some of the backgrounds of past HUD secretaries. The vast majority of them have no relevant experience.

It is hilarious to hear all these libs talking about someone not being qualified. Obama was the least qualified President in modern history. He had no real work experience. His claim to fame was basically being President of Harvard Law Review which is basically a glorified student journal for law students.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Carson has been nominated to be the U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Nancy is strongly suggesting Ben Carson unqualified and has no experience and that could lead to discrimination.

Yet we have seen discrimination in housing continue even with "qualified" people in high positions haven't we.

After concocting the lie that Donald Trump ran a white supremacy campaign, liberals are now freaking out because his cabinet picks are too diverse. Having already selected an Indian-American woman and an Asian American woman, the President-elect has nominated Ben Carson as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi lost what’s left of her mind by accusing black Ben Cason of being unqualified for the job because she says he will discriminate against blacks.

Dr. Ben Carson is a disconcerting and disturbingly unqualified choice to lead a department as complex and consequential as Housing and Urban Development.

Our country deserves a HUD Secretary with the relevant experience to protect the rights of homeowners and renters, particularly in low income and minority communities, and to ensure that everyone in our country can have access to safe and affordable housing without facing discrimination or homelessness.

There is no evidence that Dr. Carson brings the necessary credentials to hold a position with such immense responsibilities and impact on families and communities across America.

He's definitely unqualified. He doesn't have any relevant training or professional experience. I'd say the same if he was liberal.

The boss thinks big thoughts and sets the tone and direction of the agency. Qualifications don't include in-depth knowledge of rules and regulations; he has career Feds for all that. He is an intelligent man and will try to make a difference in the world. Give him a chance before condemning him.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Still seeking to delegitimize President Obama, I see. Obama was a Constitutional lawyer. Trump needs to be tutored in what the Constitution says by Paul Ryan. President Obama was a Senator before running for President. Trump bought Senators.

Most of the HUD secretaries aren't "qualified". It is a figurehead position. Go look up some of the backgrounds of past HUD secretaries. The vast majority of them have no relevant experience.

What is relevant experience in your opinion? Carson has no experience in government or government bureaucracy, a skill that's exactly what a government agency "figure head" should, at the very least, be able to demonstrate.

The bar is being set so low, with Trump's lack of experience he promised to surround himself with the "best and brightest" professionals in their field, but he just keeps kicking the "stopping buck" further and further down the ladder.

edit on 6-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

The boss thinks big thoughts and sets the tone and direction of the agency. Qualifications don't include in-depth knowledge of rules and regulations; he has career Feds for all that. He is an intelligent man and will try to make a difference in the world. Give him a chance before condemning him.
You still need to know housing and poverty. I work with hud in part, on behalf of NYC. These topics are very complicated and whole areas of expertise. You know, relevant policy?

I work everyday with unqualified political appointees, and I can assure you that they make mistakes all of the time due to not knowing the field.

We HAVE to stop amateurizing the helping professions. This is my career, not a stopping off point briefly for politicos.
edit on 6-12-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Oh yea, but Obama a community organizer was. But a black BRAIN SURGEON can't figure out the Civil Rights laws. I have been a Realtor for ten years. No one down the line in the department nor in the Real Estate business would dare losing their license, career, and face federal prison time and horrendous fines to discriminate against anyone.

The federal Fair Housing Act of 1968 and the federal Fair Housing Act Amendments Act of 1988 prohibit discrimination on the basis of the following criteria (called “protected categories”): race or color; religion; national origin; familial status or age—includes families with children under the age of 18 and pregnant women; disability or handicap, or sex.

The federal Fair Housing Acts apply to all aspects of the landlord-tenant relationship.
A landlord may not:
 advertise or make any statement that indicates a limitation or preference based on race, religion, or any other protected category

-falsely deny that a rental unit is available

-set more restrictive standards for selecting tenants or refuse to rent to members of certain groups

-before or during the tenancy, set different terms, conditions, or privileges for rental of a dwelling unit, such as requiring larger deposits of some tenants or adopting an inconsistent policy of responding to late rent payments
 terminate a tenancy for a discriminatory reason.

Federal anti-discrimination laws are administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). If you want to read the text of federal discrimination law, see 42 United States Code Sections 3601-3619 and 3631.

Source

That is just one law or Act and there is much more Federally and State.. I can testify that if you do anything wrong like implied in the OP you will be finished. Also, there is not only law enforcement, but other organizations in the states that go around under cover testing Realtors, landlords, etc. for any violations.

The left like Pelosi are losing their collective minds. And they say all the ignorant voted for Trump while all the educated superior people voted for Hillary. Unbelievable insanity!

Not true. In the gov I work with the real estate community, including regarding Section 8. There is a ton of discrimination. Mostly the government doesn't have the resources to go after anybody but the big offenders.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat
Only in liberal minds do they equate someone who accomplished the task of Brain Surgeon with someone unqualified to learn and manage a much more mundane task of Housing and Urban Development. You know H.U.D. that provides homes to low income families, oh but being a brain surgeon means he automatically will fail.

I suspect some of you haven't got a basic grasp of what HUD is to begin with, and then someone of color with a high education level being appointed to that position totally loses those of you who disagree with his appointment because you've already labeled him "uncle Tom" which is a sad reality of the progressive liberal mindset it takes to support Anything that comes out that Hag Pelosi's mouth.
Bull. Only in unqualified lay people's minds is medical doctor knowledge the same as government management or housing and poverty policy, entire expertises unto themselves.

I have a background in everything but the medicine out of those topics. I'd mop the floor in a discussion with Carson right now.

I love how you just tried to pull a sjw argument about his race and qualifications.

You see, I actually studied housing policy in grad school. He, did not.

Medical school does not educate you on public policy, economics, history, data analysis, poverty programs, and relevant program evaluation. Those, are relevant qualifications.

Stop insulting people who actually had to work to gain such knowledge.

I'd never claim I know about medicine because I studied the former topics.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: overanocean
Dr. Ben Carson , Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkin

Sounds to me like Trump is carefully picking Men an Women based on true character .

America is done with the freak show , at carnival night .
Totally irrelevant to housing and poverty policy.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

It is hilarious to hear all these libs talking about someone not being qualified. Obama was the least qualified President in modern history. He had no real work experience. His claim to fame was basically being President of Harvard Law Review which is basically a glorified student journal for law students.
First, this isn't about partisan politics. I work in gov and NGOs. Political appointees/cronies represent part of the corruption in our system. I see every day how this system of cronyism negatively impacts government programs and mgmt.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You still need to know housing and poverty. I work with hud in part, on behalf of NYC. These topics are very complicated and whole areas of expertise. You know, relevant policy?

I work everyday with unqualified political appointees, and I can assure you that they make mistakes all of the time due to not knowing the field.

We HAVE to stop amateurizing the helping professions. This is my career, not a stopping off point briefly for politicos.

This is not about amateurization; it is about politics. Appointees at the top do not need to know details and when they act without checking with the career employees, can get in trouble. I have dealt with many DOE Secretaries and Assistant Secretaries and the smart ones always asked questions and got opinions before acting. Sam Bodman, one of the most qualified Secretaries in the history of DOE, asked first. The dangerous ones are those that think they know what they are doing and act without understanding.
It is my belief that Carson is smart enough to ask and may well be a success.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

This is not about amateurization; it is about politics. Appointees at the top do not need to know details and when they act without checking with the career employees, can get in trouble. I have dealt with many DOE Secretaries and Assistant Secretaries and the smart ones always asked questions and got opinions before acting. Sam Bodman, one of the most qualified Secretaries in the history of DOE, asked first. The dangerous ones are those that think they know what they are doing and act without understanding.
It is my belief that Carson is smart enough to ask and may well be a success.
Yes there are good political appointees, who seek out expert knowledge. But many don't. The ones I know hardly do. That's what makes this system so problematic, not the few times when they turned out well. It doesn't protect against bad appointees.

Also, there is more to it than just that. When people are politically appointed at all levels, who not only aren't qualified but don't plan on changing their career to the relevant field, it takes away opportunities from those who ARE qualified, have worked hard to become so, and plan to stay in the field. It does nothing to build the actual profession and capacity of relevant practitioners nor orgs.

Not to mention that the policies these appointees support (or don't) and the people they hire may be based on ignorance. I've seen this happen too.

Now maybe Carson won't be bad at this, true.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

There's no comparison between Sam Bodman and Ben Carson! I think you're just name dropping in a desperate attempt to defend the indefensible.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

There's no comparison between Sam Bodman and Ben Carson! I think you're just name dropping in a desperate attempt to defend the indefensible.

What I am saying is that Sam Bodman was smart enough to have asked his assistants even though he may have known the answers. Ben Carson may well be smart enough to know what he doesn't know. Give him a chance to prove his worth instead of assuming that you know how well he will do the job.

Who would you recommend in his place? Who do you think is "qualified?"

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I agree with you, I see the same thing, Carlson knows how things are going to get once Trump starts to reform once again the healthcare system, he doesn't want to be tied to that for the next 4 years.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Give him a chance to prove his worth instead of assuming that you know how well he will do the job.

What could go wrong?! (Flint Michigan!)

No. This isn't an internship! I wouldn't give a contractor or an engineer "a chance" to do oral surgery on me! Why should we give anyone with no experience "a chance" to head up a US Government agency, affect American lives for god knows how long, when there are plenty of experienced people who have demonstrated their passion and capabilities?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Give him a chance to prove his worth instead of assuming that you know how well he will do the job.

What could go wrong?! (Flint Michigan!)

No. This isn't an internship! I wouldn't give a contractor or an engineer "a chance" to do oral surgery on me! Why should we give anyone with no experience "a chance" to head up a US Government agency, affect American lives for god knows how long, when there are plenty of experienced people who have demonstrated their passion and capabilities?

You should write to Trump and see if he'll listen to you. After all, you know better than anyone who is qualified and who isn't.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Our country deserves a HUD Secretary with the relevant experience to protect the rights of homeowners and renters, particularly in low income and minority communities, and to ensure that everyone in our country can have access to safe and affordable housing without facing discrimination or homelessness

That's pretting effing RACIST.

She basically said Carson isn't 'black' enough.
edit on 6-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Oh yea, but Obama a community organizer was. But a black BRAIN SURGEON can't figure out the Civil Rights laws. I have been a Realtor for ten years. No one down the line in the department nor in the Real Estate business would dare losing their license, career, and face federal prison time and horrendous fines to discriminate against anyone.

The federal Fair Housing Act of 1968 and the federal Fair Housing Act Amendments Act of 1988 prohibit discrimination on the basis of the following criteria (called “protected categories”): race or color; religion; national origin; familial status or age—includes families with children under the age of 18 and pregnant women; disability or handicap, or sex.

The federal Fair Housing Acts apply to all aspects of the landlord-tenant relationship.
A landlord may not:
 advertise or make any statement that indicates a limitation or preference based on race, religion, or any other protected category

-falsely deny that a rental unit is available

-set more restrictive standards for selecting tenants or refuse to rent to members of certain groups

-before or during the tenancy, set different terms, conditions, or privileges for rental of a dwelling unit, such as requiring larger deposits of some tenants or adopting an inconsistent policy of responding to late rent payments
 terminate a tenancy for a discriminatory reason.

Federal anti-discrimination laws are administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). If you want to read the text of federal discrimination law, see 42 United States Code Sections 3601-3619 and 3631.

Source

That is just one law or Act and there is much more Federally and State.. I can testify that if you do anything wrong like implied in the OP you will be finished. Also, there is not only law enforcement, but other organizations in the states that go around under cover testing Realtors, landlords, etc. for any violations.

The left like Pelosi are losing their collective minds. And they say all the ignorant voted for Trump while all the educated superior people voted for Hillary. Unbelievable insanity!

Not true. In the gov I work with the real estate community, including regarding Section 8. There is a ton of discrimination. Mostly the government doesn't have the resources to go after anybody but the big offenders.

Ok. Well, let me put it this way. All the Realtors I know in Florida wouldn't do so. I have had undercover state DBPR and Real Estate Board investigators come in and go through everything as any buyer would and right before we were going to put the contract together they revealed themselves. I know of a couple of Realtors that lost their license and more over things like that. We would even warn potential clients if they even asked about something like how many people of color live in this development that you will not discuss anything like that and if they asked again we would ask them to leave and would refuse to work with them. We take it that serious. Ah, I see you are in NY. I live in the south and trust me there is a lot of discrimination and racism still around. They take the laws very seriously down here.

My father and sister are also Realtors. This is a true story. My father was working with a black couple and towards the end he was asking if they wanted to meet later closer to where the couple lived to finalize the contract. He said, "Do you guys want to meet tomorrow around noon"? Then they got angry and asked my dad, "What do you mean 'you guys?'". This couple went and filed a complaint with the real estate board and the state launched an investigation. Both me and my sister were interviewed (deposed), several other clients of my father's, our broker, and one of the banks. It was absolutely ridiculous. After 6 months they found it was a false claim of discrimination and closed the case. Talk about having to watch every little comment!

Perhaps they are much more lax up north. My whole extended family lived in Michigan and I used to go up there 2 or 3 times a year to visit and hunt and fish. It is completely different up there as far as the whole racial tension is almost non existent. I have seen real very violent racism down here not only by civilians but also law enforcement. I have seen a black and white robbery once and they put the black guy in prison for multiple life terms and let the white guy walk away without even being charged. They both did the crimes together and both had a past conviction history. It wasn't just law enforcement either. The state attorney signed off on the whole thing.

Anyway, I still don't believe the career government people would discriminate in their work and certainly don't think Ben Carson, a brain surgeon, is going to discriminate against blacks or any other group. Pelosi has lost her credibility with this and considering past comments by her I wouldn't listen to a thing she has to say.

edit on 6/12/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join