It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Warns That Black Guy Ben Carson Will Discriminate Against Blacks?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh yea, but Obama a community organizer was. But a black BRAIN SURGEON can't figure out the Civil Rights laws. I have been a Realtor for ten years. No one down the line in the department nor in the Real Estate business would dare losing their license, career, and face federal prison time and horrendous fines to discriminate against anyone.

The federal Fair Housing Act of 1968 and the federal Fair Housing Act Amendments Act of 1988 prohibit discrimination on the basis of the following criteria (called “protected categories”): race or color; religion; national origin; familial status or age—includes families with children under the age of 18 and pregnant women; disability or handicap, or sex.

The federal Fair Housing Acts apply to all aspects of the landlord-tenant relationship.
A landlord may not:
 advertise or make any statement that indicates a limitation or preference based on race, religion, or any other protected category

-falsely deny that a rental unit is available

-set more restrictive standards for selecting tenants or refuse to rent to members of certain groups

-before or during the tenancy, set different terms, conditions, or privileges for rental of a dwelling unit, such as requiring larger deposits of some tenants or adopting an inconsistent policy of responding to late rent payments
 terminate a tenancy for a discriminatory reason.

Federal anti-discrimination laws are administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). If you want to read the text of federal discrimination law, see 42 United States Code Sections 3601-3619 and 3631.

Source

That is just one law or Act and there is much more Federally and State.. I can testify that if you do anything wrong like implied in the OP you will be finished. Also, there is not only law enforcement, but other organizations in the states that go around under cover testing Realtors, landlords, etc. for any violations.

The left like Pelosi are losing their collective minds. And they say all the ignorant voted for Trump while all the educated superior people voted for Hillary. Unbelievable insanity!

edit on 5/12/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
ATTENTION

If you have comments about the story linked, please feel free to post them. If you have comments about other members, they will be removed as off topic. Go after the ball, not the player.

Do not respond to this message.

Thanks

ATS Staff

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Pelosi didn't know anything about Obamacare ("We have to pass it...in order to see what's in it")...but she was qualified to pass it for everyone.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen

Headline/title is complete bulls# obviously since she didn't say anything of the sort. She said that Carson isn't qualified and therefore not likely to be capable of adequately protecting the rights of people, particularly in low income and minority communities (those most in need of said protection).

That's a whole lot of spin heaped on there. How far into the depths of newsbloggery did you have to trawl to come up with this or did Drudge do it for you?

You are upset because you know she is a POS. I'm actually glad she keeps opening her mouth. More damage to Democrats every single time. Still towing Obama's line after Brexit and Trump. Completely delusional.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

T&C

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

But lets be honest here, ones interpretation of what someone said , whether we like it or not , isnt inherently false........we dont all interpret things the same...

I dont agree with the OP or the article at all but.......still...
edit on 12/5/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/5/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Pelosi didn't know anything about Obamacare ("We have to pass it...in order to see what's in it")...but she was qualified to pass it for everyone.

The Senate needs to confirm Carson so we can find out what he knows about government.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Yes, let's be HONEST shall we. I'm not talking interpretation. I'm talking about source credibility and posting obviously BS from BS sources.

Not by mistake or or because you didn't know better either.

His reputation is knows for this. Every single day it's more BS from the same member using the worst sources. Sources known to be completely false and misleading.

You can rationalize it and talk your way around it but you know what I'm talking about and I know you know. Now you're just adding to the BS. Why??? What is your purpose in doing so??? I'm not talking about members in general. But we know this is a consistent style of some posters here.

How am I adding to the bs by being rational about it?

You can go to other sources, she DID say this, how people take it is up to interpretation........

I dont have an end game here, im just trying to be objective.........The OP and i disagreed vehemently all through out the election and I was vocal about it......as I have been with other people on other things....

But im still not going to lambaste someone for following the ATS rules........maybe it was meant as a jab, maybe not, but the rules are still followed, and if we go to other sources, the quote was right......

This particular writers view on what was meant by what she said IMHO is completely off base, but it is what it is...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Only in liberal minds do they equate someone who accomplished the task of Brain Surgeon with someone unqualified to learn and manage a much more mundane task of Housing and Urban Development. You know H.U.D. that provides homes to low income families, oh but being a brain surgeon means he automatically will fail.

I suspect some of you haven't got a basic grasp of what HUD is to begin with, and then someone of color with a high education level being appointed to that position totally loses those of you who disagree with his appointment because you've already labeled him "uncle Tom" which is a sad reality of the progressive liberal mindset it takes to support Anything that comes out that Hag Pelosi's mouth.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I think the author at least got the hypocrisy part right, but the .line is nonsense.
edit on 5-12-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It amazes me that Nancy Pelosi thinks that she's still relevant.

It amazes me more that informed ATS members think that what Nancy Pee Low See says is worth anything at all.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yes, let's be HONEST shall we. I'm not talking interpretation. I'm talking about source credibility and posting obviously BS from BS sources.

Not by mistake or or because you didn't know better either.

His reputation is knows for this. Every single day it's more BS from the same member using the worst sources. Sources known to be completely false and misleading.

You can rationalize it and talk your way around it but you know what I'm talking about and I know you know. Now you're just adding to the BS. Why??? What is your purpose in doing so??? I'm not talking about members in general. But we know this is a consistent style of some posters here.

Funny, ive never seen you say anything like that in an ANTI-Trump thread. But i guess being completely bias has its perks.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

Funny, ive never seen you say anything like that in an ANTI-Trump thread. But i guess being completely bias has its perks.

Well then you should pay better attention then.

Do some better research next time.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What Petosi, I mean Pelosi is trying to say is that Carlson will be discriminating to illegal immigrants getting a ride on tax payer when they manage to get low income housing in safe haven states

He will not be able to turn a blind eye to some of the corruption in state that are breaking the law and protecting illegals.

I got it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Dr. Ben Carson , Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkin

Sounds to me like Trump is carefully picking Men an Women based on true character .

America is done with the freak show , at carnival night .

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Again, I'm not talking about the Title which is BS. I'm not talking about the bias which is BS.

I'm talking about using a Source which is known to be a promoter of False News. I mean just look at the piece of crap site itself. Would you trust that??? How can they afford to research anything when their budget clearly wouldn't pay for a decent and complete website???

We ban other sites from being used here because they are known to be liars. So why do we allow members with an extensive history of doing the same to do so without question???

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Nancy is strongly suggesting Ben Carson unqualified and has no experience and that could lead to discrimination.

Oddly, Pelosi has a great deal of experience as a Congressman and still sucks at her job which just goes to show that experience is not guarantee of success.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Without Googling, I couldn't tell you what the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) agency does, or even who's .ing it right now.

The last one I remember off the top of my ., was Patricia Harris. What Administration she served under, or WHY I remember her is a mystery.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
House minority leader Nancy Pelosi is going after Dr. Ben Carson now.

Carson has been nominated to be the U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Nancy is strongly suggesting Ben Carson unqualified and has no experience and that could lead to discrimination.

Yet we have seen discrimination in housing continue even with "qualified" people in high positions haven't we.

Nancy Pelosi Warns That Black Guy Ben Carson Will Discriminate Against Blacks

After concocting the lie that Donald Trump ran a white supremacy campaign, liberals are now freaking out because his cabinet picks are too diverse. Having already selected an Indian-American woman and an Asian American woman, the President-elect has nominated Ben Carson as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi lost what’s left of her mind by accusing black Ben Cason of being unqualified for the job because she says he will discriminate against blacks.

Pelosi fired off an angry statement following Carson’s nomination announcement:

Dr. Ben Carson is a disconcerting and disturbingly unqualified choice to lead a department as complex and consequential as Housing and Urban Development.

Our country deserves a HUD Secretary with the relevant experience to protect the rights of homeowners and renters, particularly in low income and minority communities, and to ensure that everyone in our country can have access to safe and affordable housing without facing discrimination or homelessness.

There is no evidence that Dr. Carson brings the necessary credentials to hold a position with such immense responsibilities and impact on families and communities across America.

He's definitely unqualified. He doesn't have any relevant training or professional experience. I'd say the same if he was liberal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join