It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: "I have firmly planted the flag of liberty."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is sickening, he is taking the spot-light for planting democracy in the middle east? HOW ABOUT THE F***ING SOLDIERS, YOU MORON?

www.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Saying he has "firmly planted the flag of liberty," President Bush on Wednesday expounded upon themes put forth in last week's inaugural address, promising to pursue democracy in Iraq and elsewhere around the world.
"A world without tyranny is an ideal world," the president said in opening remarks at a White House press conference. (Transcript)
Later, in response to a question about how Iraqis view dissent with Bush's policies in the United States, the president said: "I think the Iraqi people are wondering whether or not this nation has the will necessary to stand with them as a democracy evolves."

------Would anyone else like the world to be rid of his tyranny? Just me?-------

[edit on 27-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The flag of liberty?
What does it look like is it the Stars and Bars or the United Nations flag, and since when did it become Americas job to, as he say’s to implant, not plant this flag of liberty.
And to your question no it’s not just you .

[edit on 27/1/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The flag of liberty my butt. Everytime this man opens his mouth nothing but garbage comes out, then they wonder why people dont like him.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Everytime he opens his mouth his speeches get loonier and loonier. I fully expect him to start gesturing wildly and pounding the podium Hitler/Mousolinni style any day now. Maybe he should grow a little moustache to complete the scene?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Only God knows what George of the Jungle has planted.

This guy is delusional and quite quite sick.

Needs a reality check real quick.

By the way, Osama says hi from sunny California !

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ok but where though mr. Prezz. ?

In a pile of dung round the back of the ranch no doubt.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Wonder how far he would be blasted out of the water if the Iraqis actually voted Saddam back into office.

I know it's doubtful, but I can fantasize can't I?

He needs to plant a few seeds in this country, instead of uprooting our trees.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
The flag of liberty?
What does it look like is it the Stars and Bars or the United Nations flag, and since when did it become Americas job to, as he say’s to implant, not plant this flag of liberty.
And to your question no it’s not just you
[edit on 27/1/2005 by Sauron]

I know I was wondering the same thing. Trust me. The Iraqi people don't want to see an American flag as their nations new flag. They hate us enough alread for being over there. Bush is there to make the middle east the new America or in other words "to expand his emprie."

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
at least he's not planting the "seed" of liberty...

remember President Clinton

Sorry.... I know that was wrong.. but I couldn't stop myself...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Reminds me of when that U.S. soldier planted the flag of liberty over Saddam's head when the statue was downed. That said it all for me that day and my impression hasn't changed since, it was no mistake. Allawi is a puppet for the U.S. government.

[edit on 27/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
it very scary.......

Text "I think the Iraqi people are wondering whether or not this nation has the will necessary to stand with them as a democracy evolves."

"The fundamental question is: Can we advance that history?" the president asked rhetorically. "And that's what my inauguration speech said. It said yes we can.

and then...

"America will stand for freedom and for liberty."

"That's our charge, that's our calling,"

Declaring "history is calling us," Condoleezza Rice took over Thursday as America's 66th secretary of state

(sorry had some formating probs with the quotes)

sounds like some poeple hace put AMERIKA in the place of the New World Police force. forget the U.N. AMERIKA is what people fear. the U.N. may have thier grimy little hands in alot of stuff.....but it has no power and little influence..where-as AMERIKA has alot of power and influence.

I've said it before and I will say it again...a New World Order does not/is not a "One World Govt". the "one World Govt" statement is a knee-jerk statement. The New World Order that will be brought about the the Bush regiem..(hay, he said it, not me) will be a world that is influenced by AMERIKA.."history is calling us".."can we advance that history"...

it seems that bush will bring freedom to the people of the world even if he has to have them all killed....(hmmmmmm, i guess they would be free then
)...and on the other hand he will take freedom from the people of America.

This generation has a front row seat to gigantic changes, not only in the world but in America.........what kind of story will you tell your grandkids about this time in history? that you were there, that you saw it happening, that you did nothing, that it is AMERIKAS rightfull place, "history is calling us"..to be the governor of the world.........

well?????

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned, the only things he has done is to plant many many good men, women and children into the ground.

Oh, let's not forget planting and nurturing he has done for his friends in the defence and oil industry.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

More on meglomaniacal tendacies: don't mention the largest single day death count in a war you started, but focus on.....you!

NY Times

WASHINGTON, Jan. 26 - President Bush's opening statement at his news conference on Wednesday was striking for what it left out: any mention of the 31 Americans who died overnight in the crash of a Marine helicopter in Iraq, the largest number of American deaths in a single incident since the war began. Mr. Bush instead focused on his long-term goal of "ending tyranny in our world,"...

Now, I understand getting out in front of a disaster to minimize it's affects, but the vote in Iraq Media Blitz even got Dim Son to the podium, and the syncophant press gave him nothing but softballs, so that the 'damage control' could be initiated:

He said that if he had told the reporters in the room a few years before that the Iraqi people would be voting, "you would look at me like some of you still look at me, with a kind of blank expression."

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Would anyone living outside the United States be willing to take-in a 19yr old, former college student, who is dissatisified with his country? That is me. I love Europe, but anything will do, besides Africa, South America, and some parts of Asia. Sorry, for my bias to some areas of the world. If I don't get any responses then I will just move to Mongolia and live with Nomads.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Come down to Angkor and see how the Kings built a monumental phallic symbol and shortly thereafter, got their entire civilisation of Angkor completely wiped off the face of the earth !!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No kidding, what's up with Bush constantly half banging on podiums during his speechs? It's completely facsist like and frankly scares me a little. I brance myself for a loud impact sound just as his fist reaches the podium, he pulls.

If i feel affraid, then surely his speech habits to manipulate us using fear is working..

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting observation.

Anyone think it's done on purpose ?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixon

Come down to Angkor and see how the Kings built a monumental phallic symbol and shortly thereafter, got their entire civilisation of Angkor completely wiped off the face of the earth !!

Sounds like fun, maybe its a lesson to be learned. I bet nobody in Washington has seen Ankor or learned of its history, do ya think?
I think Dubya is starting to slowly become a believer in the Stalin style, but has not yet decided on the type of leadership he likes. Half-Hazard Half-@$$ness, Making Love to Corporations, Letting Cheney Run The Show, Or Trying To Be A Stalin. But I guess it takes more intelligence than Bush has to be a Stalin.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Prince_Machiavelli]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well I know that quite a few stolen artifacts usually end up in private auction houses in the US.

But I don't thnik this current set of leaders have any clue about the need to be moderate in their views and actions and not commit an entire nation to a singular cause and then hijack it for personal glory and meglomania. Civilisations can get destroyed because of this.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixon
Well I know that quite a few stolen artifacts usually end up in private auction houses in the US.

But I don't thnik this current set of leaders have any clue about the need to be moderate in their views and actions and not commit an entire nation to a singular cause and then hijack it for personal glory and meglomania. Civilisations can get destroyed because of this.

Exactly. I can't agree more. Also, to the point on my last response, I said he is trying to be Stalinistic, but also adding to that I have made an observation about his Inauguration speech and it seems that he is trying to emulate Ronald Reagan at the same time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join