It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pick for the Treasury Secretary hinted that he will implement the gold standard

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok then.

Executive Order 6102 is a United States presidential executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States". The effect of the order, in conjunction with the statute under which it was issued, was to criminalize the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation

en.wikipedia.org...

The United States Gold Reserve Act of January 30, 1934 required that all gold and gold certificates held by the Federal Reserve be surrendered and vested in the sole title of the United States Department of the Treasury.[1][2]

The Gold Reserve Actoutlawed most private possession of gold, forcing individuals to sell it to the Treasury, after which it was stored in United States Bullion Depository at Fort Knox and other locations.

en.wikipedia.org...

Buy one 'irrelevant' post.

Get the next one for free

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You are citing exactly what I said, there is nothing different there at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The Gold Reserve Actoutlawed most private possession of gold,

forcing individuals to sell it to the Treasury, after which it was stored in United States Bullion Depository at Fort Knox and other locations.

Read it closely.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Read it closely.

You read it closely. Is 'most' the same as 'all'?

Oh, thanks for the link that shows I was correct on what I said earlier.

edit on 6-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Read it closely.

You read it closely. Is 'most' the same as 'all'?

CLose enough for government fascism as per the definition of most.

Definition of most 1 : greatest in quantity, extent, or degree 2 : the majority of

So you were saying ?

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

CLose enough for government fascism as per the definition of most.

Definition of most 1 : greatest in quantity, extent, or degree 2 : the majority of

So you were saying ?

I was saying 'thank you' for another link that shows 'most' does not equal 'all'.

You truly are the gift that keeps giving.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well alrightie then.

Just as long as a little bit was left.

Nothing to see there move right along.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Just as long as a little bit was left.

Now you have it! 'All' means everything.

I knew you could do it!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I sure do have it.

The fact the MAJORITY at the time RIGHTS doesn't matter to someone.

Hell because it wasn't 'all'.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The fact the MAJORITY at the time RIGHTS doesn't matter to someone.

Where was I discussing people's rights? Are you making things up again? Tsk, tsk.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Again we see Trump backing up what he has been preaching. I like it a lot and it would be amazing if he manages to do this but i fear that the federal reserve bank (nothing federal about them it is a privately owned bank that has the U.S breastfeeding from it.) I fear that the federal reserve bank will go into self preservation mode again. I, like a lot of people am strongly of the opinion that that is what ultimately costed J.F.K his life and cause of the "Kennedy curse".

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Tinfoil hat time. For real.

Trump is convinced by his advisors (infiltrators) to attempt a roll back to the gold standard, abolishing the Fed in the process. The only reason they would do this is to get Trump killed, so that Obama can implement martial law & enter stage left the NWO. Reason I say 'only reason they would', is because the gold standard itself is BS. In order for a nation to be free of the influence of bankers, it is necessary to roll back to an even earlier standard (which Lincoln tried to revive), that of debt-free, government-issued scrip as a credit note/ bond against the future value of actual American stock/ surplus.

Read 'Babylon's Banksters' by JP Farrell for a more detailed expose of the banking system & examples of when & why such government issued currency was used, why, & what the outcomes were. Remember - fiat currency as successor to the gold standard is a lie built upon an even greater lie. The Banksters' ancestors used to run a silver-into-gold (and back again) racket, even back in Babylonian times, operating as money changers between the Occidental & Oriental kingdoms of the ancient world. They've been engaged in this crap for millennia, and they didn't achieve their monopoly by allowing people to abolish even part of their deceptive re-hypothecation scams.

edit on DecemberWednesday16012CST04America/Chicago-060042 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification, phraseology

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: AMPTAH

Gold is too heavy.

That what the bankers say. Here its so heavy, let us hold it for you, heres a 'receipt'. The first fiat currency.

Oh by the way, if theres a crash we keep your gold... sorry about that.

Their vaults are full of gold, its the only way they do business wth each other. You, you have paper.

Or "bits"...

The rumor is, the whole 9/11 event was staged by the US government to steal the gold being held under the Trade Center, and ship it off to China, as collateral to get the Chinese to continue buying the otherwise worthless US Bonds and Notes.

The facts are, that much of the International Gold was being held in the US right there under the World Trade Center, and after the event a large shipment of "metal" was couriered swiftly over to China on large container ships. Moreover the US has declined Germany's request to give them back their Gold, which was being stored in the US for safekeeping. Putting these facts together, we can see how the rumor could be true. The shipment of "metal" was officially reported to be all the steel from the buildings that collapsed. But, that could easily have been the "cover" for the Gold that was shipped along with the steel.

Since all anybody has is pieces of paper that say "I.O.U" gold. Nobody knows the true value of their paper, or where that physical gold actually is. It's much easier to print paper than the dig up gold. The only thing that has real value is the physical gold, which you cant use to trade with, other than buying and selling at specialty dealers.

So, there was a crash already. 9/11. And not only did they keep the gold, but handed it over to the major nation creditor, without telling us what they did with our gold.

There's a universal law that says "Possession is nine-tenths of the law."

He who has physical gold in his possession, whether his own, or being stored for others, is rich.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Not surprised mine is the only star you got for that.

I used to dabble in precious metals in the recycling refining business. The higher up the chain one goes the greater the greed and deception.

On 911, they stopped the firefighters from searching for their fallen comrades so they could rescue the gold and platinum from the basement vaults. I dina now about shipping it to China.

Last weekend I went to a flea market and almost purchased a hundred 'fiat' dollars worth of "Junk Silver" in US, pre '64 silver quarters at thirteen times face value. If the s*** hits the fan, banks will be closed and the supermarket shelves empty. One could attend a farmers market somewhere and purchase a head of lettuce for ten thousand dollars cash or one US silver quarter.

I ended up passing on the deal at the flea market because my hundred paper dollars would purchase less than 10 dollars of silver quarters (a fair price at current spot silver prices).

Next time...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
And when the gold supply runs out, or they fail to have enough, what do they tell those people?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Do we even have enough gold to support our economy?

Seems to me this would be a sure-fire recipe for disaster.

Those of you in favor of this: Do you LIKE your paycheck?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
Do we even have enough gold to support our economy?

There is roughly $7 trillion in refined gold on the planet based on most estimates which, considering our holdings are in the hundreds of billions, does not even remotely cover the $1.5 trillion (roughly) of dollars in circulation.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
No way. Banksters rule.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What kind of comment is that? Nobody could be so dense as to not realize fiat paper is printed at will and therefore can be used to control the entire economy at will. Try printing up some gold. And you also should realize that unlimited fiat money completely destroys any idea and chance of a limited government as intended. a reply to: Isurrender73

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join