It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pick for the Treasury Secretary hinted that he will implement the gold standard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd agree with a lot if it worked and wasn't in the best interest of the wealthy elites while crushing everyone else.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: intrptr
Haha, Qaddafi tried implementing his own gold standard and even wanted to trade his oil for gold, look what the world bankers did to him.

Qaddafi could do that, Trump cannot.

Last time I remember anyone talking about disbanding the Federal Reserve was Reagan. They tried to kill him, too. They did kill Kennedy, Lincoln, etc.

Link

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lincoln was killed over the gold standard?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
I'd agree with a lot if it worked and wasn't in the best interest of the wealthy elites while crushing everyone else.

Same.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Last time I remember anyone talking about disbanding the Federal Reserve was Reagan. They tried to kill him, too. They did kill Kennedy, Lincoln, etc.

None of the Presidents you mentioned tried to end the Federal Reserve.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Its not that there isn't enough gold to match the current debt, its that the debt could be marked down to a reasonable level of the total value. If we owe 40 Trillion dollars now it could be 4 Trillion Democracy Dollars, or whatever they end up being called. That is if he bails on the US dollar completely for a new currency.
edit on 5-12-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Lincoln was killed over the gold standard?

No, the Federal Reserve. He tried to use the internet to stop it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Where is he going to get all that gold from?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This isn't exactly news so much as a highly speculative opinion piece which tries to tie the following things together to make a pipe dream for people to chatter about.

1. Vague things Trump said on campaign trail.
2. Something from Allison published by Cato (FYI Allison is the former head of Cato) in 2014.
3. The possibility of Allison being appointed the Treasury Sec (the smart money says Mnuchin is a lock).
4. Congress getting on board with any of this.

There's a staggering amount of ifs here.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Where is he going to get all that gold from?

It does not have to be physically backed to gold, just tied to the spot price. This is why I suggested a larger basket of commodities instead of just gold, there would be less fluctuation and less chance to manipulate the market.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Constitution clearly states only congress shall coin money and determine the value thereof. But that has been long lost under a mountain of fiat banker currency, as well.

Because it says "coin money", meaning precious metals, not receipts.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

None of the Presidents you mentioned tried to end the Federal Reserve.

They all spoke out against a central bank. (Its in the link)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think "coining" in this context means creating currency, not just stamping metal coins.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I am not hear to educate you on how the Treasury, the Federal Reserve and the Congress interact. Stick with your awesome bushstole04 website filled with chestnuts of economic wisdom.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

They all spoke out against a central bank. (Its in the link)

Your link is garbage and filled with conspiracy woo.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Stick with your awesome bushstole04 website filled with chestnuts of economic wisdom.

Yu mean chestnuts are now coin of the realm? Jeez, I thought EFT was the new tangible asset?

Who needs precious metal with intrinsic value anyway? Just the biggest banks on the planet. Their basements are full of it.

All Hail Cesar and the status quo...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Who needs precious metal with intrinsic value anyway? Just the biggest banks on the planet. Their basements are full of it.

And there is not enough of it to cover a fraction of the currency in circulation.

How come Bushstol04 did not tell you this?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I think "coining" in this context means creating currency, not just stamping metal coins.

Wrong. They said 'coin' for a reason. Original denominations were in ounces of Gold, silver and copper.

Do you know what an once of gold is worth today? Thats how coin money kept up (keeps up) with inflation. That was the intent.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

They made everyone turn in their gold in 33 when they founded the federal reserve, established Fort Knox, etc.

It was called the 'New Deal'.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

They made everyone turn in their gold in 33 when they founded the federal reserve...

Hey genius, the Federal Reserve dates to 1913.

It was called the 'New Deal'.

Just keep on making things up, it really gives you the air of someone who knows what they are talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join