It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonest Media Caught Red-Handed Using FAKE SURVEY to Attack Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The Southern Poverty Law Center conducted a survey recently about something they are calling "The Trump Effect".

It involves measuring bullying in schools.

To get this material, they asked 10,000 school teachers and administrators for data.

Of course it seems most of these "people" were Left Wing and supported Hillary Clinton.

Looks like more fake surveys are in play.

Keep up the good work !!!

We have plenty of phony material to expose !!

Dishonest Media Caught Red-Handed Using FAKE SURVEY to Attack Trump

The Southern Poverty Law Center cooked up an original FAKE SURVEY to help match their narrative that the so-called “Trump Effect” is responsible for school bullying.

The survey was a complete fabrication, citing liberal sources in order to justify the so the outcome was predictable.

What is equally predictable is how the lying FAKE NEWS media is running it as if it’s a real news story.

The SPLC’s findings are not real.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hell, anything from the SPLC should automatically be considered FAKE NEWS!

They are just another propaganda arm of the government. Look into the guy in charge of that group and it will give you a clue as to just how FAKE and CORRUPT that organization is. "If it's WHITE it AIN'T RIGHT!".

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I just conducted a survey of thousands of baristas and the consensus is that everyone over 40 is, "Lame and they just don't know their story and it's their life and to leave them alone. But continue to fund them because their Womyn's Study major doesn't pay well."

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Southern Poverty Law Center

This is a hate group who foments division.

They are a horrible group.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Wow, great source there Xeuchen. Truthfeed. Because they're a non biased news source.

You're such a joke as is just about all your "News" items posted here.

I mean just look at their site. What a piece of crap, half thrown together POS. You honestly think they can even afford to investigate anything when they can't even afford to build a site better than that???

Truthfeed isn't a news source. But keep posting as if it is. It's really cleaning up your image of credibility.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

If SPLC’s survey represented the genuine, nearly-unanimous sentiment of American teachers, it would warrant a great deal of concern. But the survey, in fact, isn’t even close to scientific. Instead, it’s simply a collection of anecdotes from a self-selecting group of teachers who are almost certainly on the political left and overwhelmingly hostile to Trump.

How do the people who wrote this article know what nearly unanimous sentiment teachers would have? Have they done a survey of every teacher in America to compare the splc survey to?

And the teachers were "almost certainly" on the left? So that's not actually known either?

Not very many facts here, even though that's what its being sold as.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I remember the time when if you were bullied at school you just had to live with it. The snowflakes don't know how easy they have it, now that bullying is pretty much extinct.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
I remember the time when if you were bullied at school you just had to live with it. The snowflakes don't know how easy they have it, now that bullying is pretty much extinct.

It's those who scream the loudest about bullying who IMO are the most guilty of bullying anyone whom chooses to disagree with them! I used to get a chuckle out of calling these morons snowflakes but now? Nahhh they are uncivilized monsters who if they don't get their way, they will call you out for every behavior that they are guilty of portraying to FORCE people to agree with their way of thinking or just make them shut the hell up therefore shutting down all forms of communication and debate to oppose their religion?

Sound familiar?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Right on "Q" I see.

Ad-Homing your way through college are you?

You should focus your life on more philosophical materials.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Where do you live that bullying is almost extinct??? Do you have the keys to Wonka's Chocolate Factory or something???

Bullying will never go away. NEVER. All you can ever do is teach kids how to deal with it or avoid it. But you'll never stop it unless you completely isolate people from each other. You can't stop it. It's part of how people in groups choose to socialize. There will always be bullying in both kids and adults.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yep, right on "Q" to call you on your BS is right.

Come on man. Truthfeed???

I'll even say sorry for attacking you a little in that first post. But your source is complete dog sh*t and you know it. You know it, I know it....Dogs Know it!!

Just look at that piece of crap website and tell me with a straight face that it's legit. Seriously. I mean they aren't even trying to look real. What kind of "News" are they going to get the scoop on???

Just be honest for once about it...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Jezus

edit: to clarify...we need to blow the chaff from the wheat...and those adding chaff to the mix. These fake news sites will bring everyone down.

edit on 12/5/2016 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It is not amusing anymore when right wing blogs that use the name 'truth' in their domain name write articles that opposite of the truth and members use them as actual sources on ATS.

It boggles the mind. You use the word FAKE in your title and your source is a FAKE news source.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The SPLC is NOT a hate group. They have historically helped more people in numbers than you can even imagine.

Have you lost it?

SPLC.org

The SPLC is the premier U.S. non-profit organization monitoring the activities of domestic hate groups and other extremists – including the Ku Klux Klan, the neo-Nazi movement, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, antigovernment militias, Christian Identity adherents and others.

SPLC wiki

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is an American nonprofit legal advocacy organization specializing in civil rights and public interest litigation. It is noted for its legal victories against white supremacist groups, its classification of hate groups and other extremist organizations, its legal representation for victims of hate groups, and its educational programs that promote tolerance.[2][3][4] The SPLC's classification and listing of hate groups -- organizations that in its opinion "attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics"[5] -- has been the source of some controversy.[6][7]

The Southern Poverty Law Center has won multiple civil cases resulting in monetary awards for the plaintiffs. The SPLC has said it does not accept any portion of monetary judgments.[38][39] Dees and the SPLC "have been credited with devising innovative legal ways to cripple hate groups, including seizing their assets."[40] However, this has led to criticism from some civil libertarians, who contend that the SPLC's tactics chill free speech and set legal precedents that could be applied against activist groups which are not hate groups.[41] The SPLC has also entered suits related to mass incarceration and children's rights in prison and criminal justice issues.

You call that a HATE GROUP? Take the Trump hat of your head.
edit on 5-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Funny enough, I know a lot of teachers and come to think of it, not many of them are what you would call liberal.

For guys who always claim polls are a falsehood you all sure do spend a lot of time bringing attention to things you should probably ignore.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

There are more than three million teachers in the United States. Despite SPLC’s rhetoric about the “tremendous response” to their survey, the 10,000 responses they received represents less than one-third of one percent of all teachers.

A sample group of 10,000 from a group of 3 million is a tremendous response.

But beyond that, there isn’t even any guarantee that the survey respondents are real on a basic level. The SurveyMonkey survey used to collect SPLC’s data can be answered by anybody, and respondents can submit answers anonymously, using fake data, or while pretending to be somebody else. There’s also nothing to stop a person from responding.

It is an online survey though. If reporting the results of an online survey is "fake news" then what isn't fake news? Oh how quickly folks forget all the online surveys that every Trump supporting blogger, pundit, social media user and Trump himself were all about when most of them didn't even rise to that level. So if we're dinging people for repeating online survey results on the campaign trail, let's talk about the President-elect lest we be hypocrites, right?

Hardly a scientific survey though and anything coming from the SPLC should be taken with a grain of salt (as should anything from Heritage, CIS, etc).

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

They're a bit over eager to classify some groups and not eager enough to classify others but they also provide the most comprehensive repository of publically accessible, indexed information on actual hate groups.

If you want to get all melodramatic and disingenuous about it though, the GOP is a hate group, the Trump campaign was a hate group, etc. They certainly have spread all sorts of disinformation and nobody's done more to foment division in modern history. That's your criteria right?

edit on 2016-12-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
TO ALL OF YOU WHO AGREE WITH THIS THINKING:

I don't understand what you (ALL OF YOU - YOU COLLECTIVELY - YOU PEOPLE) see as your motivation here. Why do you do this?

Why do you always post the most rabid and sensationalist bullcrap and then laugh at it?
Are you writing a book? You get your kicks by trolling? You don't ever present actual thoughtful stuff. No. It's ALWAYS the most outrageous crap available.

I don't get it. I don't get how you are such a rock star here.......how you and others of your flavor are superstars. How is it that the rational and educated providers of a balanced assessment are so shunned and ridiculed? How does that happen? Does that make you feel good? Is that your entire reason for living? To mock and ridicule everyone else?

Because, I'll tell ya - you win! Yay! You are worse than a rusty needle pulled from a bog-body's empty skull, rinsed with pickle juice, rubbed with lime, lit up to red hot by a lighter, dipped in salt and jammed under a HANGNAIL......fingernail.....

that's how toxic you are.
Is that what you want to be?
Because I am gonna tell ya, right here in the Mudpit: You are a cruel and unusually ugly character on this site.

And since this is the pit, where you choose to wallow, fart, evacuate your colon, and have all the fun of an arsonist -- well, then - I just want to let you know how you are.

Do you see how you are?
Are you fine with that?

and I have a feeling you'll give me a star for this! Go ahead, I dare ya....

isn't that what you want? Just to make people want to jab pens in their eyes instead of reading any more of it?

What is your psychotic abusive crap all about???? Why? Because it's a really piss-poor example of intelligence or civil discourse.
It's actually a real turn-off - but I know from watching you and attempting to talk to you that you are hell-bent on hurting as many other people as you can.

Here's your medal:

Oh, and the mic:

Please, explain to us what your plan is, what your objectives are, and what you care about.

edit on 12/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: lovin' my analogy. "similes" is a good game for playing with analogies

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The honest news media is a pillar upon which the people rely to keep this country intact. A person can seek out endless on-line news reports that support and reinforce a particular belief system. Ultimately creating divisions in society based on misinformation. In this day and age the world can be made of rainbows and lollipops or tar and hell fire...depending on your Google return and the echo chamber we sometimes seek.
edit on 12/5/2016 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Dodgy source reporting on a dodgy survey.

Cripes!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join