It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can be fined $250,000 for not calling people ‘ze’ or ‘hir,’ pronouns if they demand

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: kaylaluv

Hey if you miss the target, "penis or vagina" I guess you can always say, "sorry I can to tell what the hell you are".

Or here's a thought: you could politely ask. To hell with manners, though, right?

How the hell do you ask without offending? Politeness has nothing to do with it, and I can see them being offended either way.

As a famous admiral once said, It's a trap!

How so?

Applications have titles to circle and sometimes a line to fill in. Women are often asked Mrs. or ms.? It is NOT that difficult.

It's becoming more difficult with all the titles and labels, not to mention trying not to assume anything.

Everyone should just wear signs, that way nothing has to be said, asked or assumed and we can all just go about our lives

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: breakingbs
I refuse to use ze or frickin hir. Thats she and her. In german. So you're demanding me call you she and her. It's fricking she and her.

My brow-beaten friends still joke about "wotsits." So if I can't tell what you are, you're an it or some...thing, or "maybe they were a wotsit." Im just not polite about it, so..that's what you get, dig?

I met a makeup artist that I've seen on a few sets before, last month.

I am usually very good at spotting the "wosits" lol.

I raised an eyebrow when "Tomato" showed me where the men's room was and followed me in to take a wizz. lol.

$250 k? Let them try.

What exactly is a 'wosit' ?

If you have a professional relationship with them and you are told repeatedly and intentionally ignore it...in that jurisdiction, you have broken the law and the post you made proves that you know it.

The fine for you would be fairly easy.

A "wosit" is an age old question.

I love that song, and it does ask a question. People are now answering the question. They may answer with a couple words you aren't familiar with, but at least there is a clear answer and word for you to use.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It is not my fault if people are a bunch of cry-babies whose feelings
are easily hurt.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hey if you miss the target, "penis or vagina" I guess you can always say, "sorry I can to tell what the hell you are".

Or here's a thought: you could politely ask. To hell with manners, though, right?

How the hell do you ask without offending? Politeness has nothing to do with it, and I can see them being offended either way.

How so?

Applications have titles to circle and sometimes a line to fill in. Women are often asked Mrs. or ms.? It is NOT that difficult.

It's becoming more difficult with all the titles and labels, not to mention trying not to assume anything.

Everyone should just wear signs, that way nothing has to be said, asked or assumed and we can all just go about our lives

Learning a few more words should not be difficult. In the case of the OP, there is no reason to assume. The article states clearly you will be asked to use a certain personal pronoun. Depending on your relationship with that person it may be legally required or not.

Don;t act like this confuses you to death.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

How so?

Learning a few more words should not be difficult. In the case of the OP, there is no reason to assume. The article states clearly you will be asked to use a certain personal pronoun. Depending on your relationship with that person it may be legally required or not.

Don;t act like you have all the answers.

Nothing about possibly legislating pronoun use is wrong to you?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Annee

Well,it happens to be the truth and I am sorry if the truth hurts.

The truth of what?

That you can't evolve in understanding diverse gender identity?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The truth of what?

"Gender Identity" is the antithesis of evolution

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

People understand it they just don't agree with it...you know, because it is stupid.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

How so?

I don't have all the answers. I am trying to give a reasonable response.

I wouldn't want it legislated any further than what I stated before :

If someone I had a professional relationship with kept addressing me with 'Mister' and I asked them repeatedly to not do so and told them my preferred title and they would not stop, it would be harassment.

I am obviously a Ms., Miss or Mrs. If a different person said 10x, "I am a Zie" it should sink in, even if the word is not common.
edit on 5-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

when in conversation with them I will use "you"

When in conversation with others I may use "it" or "them" or "they" or their "name".

Of course they will judge me, human interaction is all about judgement.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

And don't act like this isn't an authoritarian policy that if it can be applied on this issue, it can't be applied on any issue.

The cage you people seem to be building is breathtaking.

edit on 5-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I have plenty of pronouns to describe a bunch of self-absorbed assholes who are too into themselves to man up and accept that they have genitals.

link   

The truth of what?

I do understand,I know who I am and what I am! Again...it is not my
fault if some people have problems with how their brains are wired!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

People understand it they just don't agree with it...you know, because it is stupid.

Different titles or personal pronouns arise and it is stupid? No, the person who refuses to learn a few new words is stubborn.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

How so?

I don't have all the answers. I am trying to give a reasonable response.

I wouldn't want it legislated any further than what I stated before :

If someone I had a professional relationship with kept addressing me with 'Mister' and I asked them repeatedly to not do so and told them my preferred title and they would not stop, it would be harassment.

I am obviously a Ms., Miss or Mrs. If a different person said 10x, "I am a Zie" it should sink in, even if the word is not common.

Well if you look like a woman (feminine as opposed to hairy smelly man) I don't see why someone would call you Mister.

That has nothing to do with whatever the hell Zie means.
edit on 5-12-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The truth of what?

I do understand,I know who I am and what I am! Again...it is not my
fault if some people have problems with how their brains are wired!

Others know who they and what they are as well. Who says your brain is the one that is wired correctly?

link   

How so?

That's the part some of you aren't getting. This isn't about "legislating pronoun use". It's legislation against a certain kind of harassment. Repeatedly calling a person by the incorrect pronoun, even after that person has corrected you, is harassment. This legislation is meant to target those who would harass another with transphobic hate speech (which includes using improper pronouns to bully). Read about it more closely and you'll see it's not what you think it is.

Look at it another way. Guns are legal to own. Now... if I introduced a law that said you are not allowed to threaten mimes with guns (let's pretend it wasn't already illegal), would you say that I am "legislating gun use" or would you consider it to fall more in the category of legislating assault or violence?

link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
I refuse to use ze or frickin hir. Thats she and her. In german. So you're demanding me call you she and her. It's fricking she and her.

My brow-beaten friends still joke about "wotsits." So if I can't tell what you are, you're an it or some...thing, or "maybe they were a wotsit." Im just not polite about it, so..that's what you get, dig?

I met a makeup artist that I've seen on a few sets before, last month.

I am usually very good at spotting the "wosits" lol.

I raised an eyebrow when "Tomato" showed me where the men's room was and followed me in to take a wizz. lol.

$250 k? Let them try.

What exactly is a 'wosit' ?

If you have a professional relationship with them and you are told repeatedly and intentionally ignore it...in that jurisdiction, you have broken the law and the post you made proves that you know it.

The fine for you would be fairly easy.

A "wosit" is an age old question.

I love that song, and it does ask a question. People are now answering the question. They may answer with a couple words you aren't familiar with, but at least there is a clear answer and word for you to use.

My relationship with alt-lifestylers goes back over 40yrs.

They haven't changed much.

It's these radical alt-stylers that are the problem.

I would just treat them no differently than my main stream AS friends, if I ever have the misfortune of meeting one.

Might even get a little catty if need be.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I have plenty of pronouns to describe a bunch of self-absorbed assholes who are too into themselves to man up and accept that they have genitals.

And they say we are obsessed with genitals.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

We should ban the n word too.

Its not illegal to call a black person the n word I'm sure that word has done way more damage than referring to a man as him.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join