It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gift from OBAMA to TRUMP - A Vibrantly Strong U.S. Economy. Yes or No.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If you do not count the three most important indicators for a healthy and productive economy ( GDP growth rate, job growth rate, debt as a percentage of GDP ), then yeah, the economy is doing great. I mean, Obama has yet to be held to any other historical measures of greatness by the press, why should they use historic economical measures? If you are like me and believe that the big 3 indicators should be paid attention to, then the economy sucks. The current forecast is that the economy won't come close to a 3.0 GDP growth rate for the next two years. Who knows after that. My question is, if a decade after his policies are enacted and the economy still can't get to 3.0, why isn't Obama called an economic failure?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No, I think the gift had to do with a vacation to Epsteins pedophile rape island, aboard the "Lolita Express. Your eyes are wide shut.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: Bluntone22

2% growth my ass!

You can't have 2% growth when the government spends 106% of GDP!

There is no growth when you still have to borrow to make it through the year.

That pretty much dispels the "Fake News" right there!

You pretty much shut down the whole propaganda of how great things are with 1 logically based sentence!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: IAMTAT

They can sugar coat the unemployment numbers, and I am sure that the national debt is bigger than it shows too.

Bet we start hearing a different story when te administration changes.

Yep.. the liberal news media will start focusing on the 19% of Americans who aren't working, instead of the 4.7% official unemployment rate.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It certainly is a better economy that Obama is leaving Trump than the one Bush left Obama.

And Bill Clinton also left Bush with a great economy that Bush went and wrecked

When are you people ever going to learn!

edit on 5-12-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
He was handed an economy and workings of a buiness that was like a company declaring chapter 13 selling everything but the furniture,but if the country ever needs a good leader and can get things in order I'm confident Trump will be able to prevail over Obamas 8 yrs of damage

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is a lot better than when it was handed to Obama. He worked very hard.

Sad, only for Republicans to trash again.

Bush inherited the housing and tech bubble....

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Every time America makes some progress it’s always interrupted by some conservative political scam

During Reagan there was universal forward progress: 35 hour work week, more paid vacations, salaries were rising, and unionism was strong and then the ignorant people went and elected Ronald Reagan who deliberately was hired to stop that lower Middle class’ progress…and he did stop it right in its tracks!

Here we go again, although slow, since Obama has a recalcitrant congress, we have been making progress and along comes a carnival barking scam artists who will without a doubt lead us to destruction and worse.

The liberal agenda isn’t perfect but they do represent small progress the conservatives represent huge regression.

The record speaks for itself

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: reldra

It is a lot better than when it was handed to Obama. He worked very hard.

Sad, only for Republicans to trash again.

Bush inherited the housing and tech bubble....

And Democrats in Congress added fuel for the final, perfectly timed "crash".

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Actually, you got it back-asswards.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

YES! I lived through the carter economy it was aweful I even went and joined the military so I could have a job and a pay check, and yes this is even worse than that.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
How much has the National Debt increased after taking inflation into consideration?

He's almost doubled it.

National debt vs Inflation doesn't mean much. Reagan tripled it, but the economy grew at a decent clip. Over the course of the past 8 years, the skyrocketing Debt:GDP ratio slowed and essentially halted it's increase.

Our debt position is nowhere near precarious, said everyone who has an understanding of such things.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
He was handed an economy and workings of a buiness that was like a company declaring chapter 13 selling everything but the furniture,but if the country ever needs a good leader and can get things in order I'm confident Trump will be able to prevail over Obamas 8 yrs of damage

Selling what? GDP has been growing, the USD had strengthened, and the nation's total assets have increased, all while becoming the top oil producing nation on Earth. I'm not crediting Obama, but to suggest the nation's economy is in shambles is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, the past 36 years of Republican and Democrat policies have pushed much of the wealth up and out.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No actually, you have no facts or truth on your side just obsession and dogma

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What are you people talking about.

When was the last program of the GOP to do anything to aid the economy and the American people other than tax cuts for the rich

And when the Democrats try to do something( and are always blocked by the GOP) they then convince the very stupid American people to be stingy, selfish and greedy with the fear that ( THEIR GIVING ALL YOUR MONEY TO BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE ) and it works every time and they vote against their own interest just to keep the blacks and browns down

Yet they destroy their own lives in the process and now their blaming others for their own stupidity and vote in a carnival barking fraud, Trump, to mend their own stupid actions

IT WON'T WORK

That’s how powerful you are brainwashed

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You've got a point there. I remember seeing the 5:30pm ABC/CBS/NBC news lead off with bad economic news..day after day, back in the 2003 to 2009 time frame.

You see virtually no bad-news about the U.S. economy, during the entire 1/2 hour daily broadcast now.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Here's another reason. I buy soldering equipment. Years ago, I'd buy these tools from suppliers who stocked them from various manufacturers. These are retail guys. However, the business has become very competitive, and the manufacturer keeps "updating" their tools more and more frequently. The retail guys can never keep up with the changes. As soon as they stock the 2015 model, the manufacture comes out with the 2016 model. So, now the retailer has "old stock" in house. But, the customer wants the latest tools. The retailer doesn't have them, and has to "special order" the latest, and is forced to "discount" last years model to clear the old stock. So, I'd have to wait for that "special order" to get processed. Basically, the retailer has to buy it now from the manufacturer, wait for it to be shipped to him, then re-ship it to me. Instead of bothering with that, I just buy direct from the manufacturer, who has set up an online site just for such direct sales. So, customers are being forced to cut out the retail guy because of the "speed of technological changes" in some product areas.

This is why it makes sense to manufacture more in America. Giving consumers more choice. Product is quicker to market. A happy side effect would be more jobs here for people who prefer not to be white collar. Again, more choice for workers is not a bad thing....that could drive up wages.

Those who argue 'markets are amoral... they find their own level regardless of how we feel about it'

They could prove that theory easily by putting some investment into building manufacturing capacity here.

It won't look like the manufacturing our parents did.... millions of the exact same model of something coming off the line for years on end. But it will build some purchasing power, in addition to some ingenuity, back into our economy.

edit on 6-12-2016 by CantStandIt because: fixing my quote tags

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Speaking as someone whose job involves daily encounters with homeless people- I have seen their numbers greatly increase during the past 8 years. And that is all I have to say.

Sal

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The economy has been purposefully propped up by the fed keeping rates at zero for unprecedented lengths, and by printing ridiculous amounts of money. Also the national debt has ballooned astronomically for the last 8 years.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
HE NEEDS TO COME FERTILIZE MY NEIGHBORS FIELDS BECAUSE HE FULL OF HORSESHAAT .If he left the golf course for two minutes and went downtown in most parts of us he would see how bad things really are.
What are economy needs is to switch away from being a service based one to a manufacturing one.
how you say can this be achieved well punish the companies that are exporting their jobs overseas with tariffs and taxes and reward the ones with tax breaks and incentives. other countries do these things and it works for them.

How to pay for this well tariffs is one way another way would be a national 2 cent on the dollar tax on everything sold in us that does not already have a federal sales tax on it also a 4 cent on the dollar for every stock sold sold on wall street

we need to reinvest in technologies and science in general.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join