It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gift from OBAMA to TRUMP - A Vibrantly Strong U.S. Economy. Yes or No.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: IAMTAT

They can sugar coat the unemployment numbers, and I am sure that the national debt is bigger than it shows too.

Bet we start hearing a different story when te administration changes.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Sure, we lost all the manufacturing here in my neck of the woods after NAFTA, now we got we 5 Wal-Mart's.

What a downgrade on salaries, oops I forgot most people have no clue what a salary used to be.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sure some people are doing great,lawyers,bankers,etc,but like midnightstar said,go to a inner city,appalachia,or many other areas.I am lucky to have a good paying job,but the health ins went so high it cut me back 10 years worth of raises.Prices on everything you need haven`t dropped.You used to be able to quit a job and find another one the same day in the 80`s.Our economy is not good,it could be worse though.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Yes I know you pain, my husband got a downgrade of 12 thousand dollars under Obama, after been unemployed for the first time in his working life he came back with a 12 thousand dollar cut.

That's Obama thriving economy for us.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

a reply to: ridgerunner

Yes I know you pain, my husband got a downgrade of 12 thousand dollars under Obama, after been unemployed for the first time in his working life he came back with a 12 thousand dollar cut.

That's Obama thriving economy for us.

I feel super blessed with my 50k a year job.

They are really rare in my area too I just stumbled across it on a cider.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sure, we lost all the manufacturing here in my neck of the woods after NAFTA, now we got we 5 Wal-Mart's.

What a downgrade on salaries, oops I forgot most people have no clue what a salary used to be.

How about when companies had to actually treat you like a human?

Or offer decent benefits like full medical coverage?

Not me, I am union employees and pay over 200 a month for medical FOR JUST MYSELF.

You should see the copays.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Better than the "Gift" Bushie left Obummer.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It doesn't matter how many statistics on employment, wages, etc. you can produce. People feel like the economy is bad.

Republicans, in particular, feel like half the country is out of work. They feel like half the country is on public assistance. It doesn't matter if they're wrong or they're only partially correct in some areas, the feel like this so they've created their safe-space in Donald Trump, because he 'tells it like it is' and he's in tune with the common man.

The state of the economy has become, like climate science, an opinion.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yes, is a blessing to be able to work and no get into government assistance, but is more people working than are still on government assistance under Obama.

That means a blatant downgrade in Salaries.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I see like this, depending which state you are located and how is the unemployment rates in your state city and county.

Is more opportunities of job in bigger cities than in small towns but no necessarily better pay jobs.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This is the absolute worst economy since Jimmy Carter.

Jobs are either unavailable or nonexistent. If you can find one you have to work three of them to equal what you used to make with one. And because of Obama-care they will only give you 28 hours because they can't afford it either.

Ignore Relda's comment she is delusional!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

How can you have a healthy economy when you have maxed out all your credit cards. 20 trillion dollars worth. The economy is a sinking ship. Keep your eyes on the rats.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Seeing as how part time employment for those who wouldlike to work full time is at the highest point in history (thanks, ACA) resulting in reduced income for pretty much everyone... and unbelievable numbers when it comes to those applying for federally subsidized benefits... yeah, it depends who you ask. If being so poor you depend on the government is a bad thing, then it's not a great economy. If you choose to see it as "millions now have health insurance" then you probably think it's just fine.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

edit on 990Monday000000America/ChicagoDec000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

2% growth my ass!

You can't have 2% growth when the government spends 106% of GDP!

There is no growth when you still have to borrow to make it through the year.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Definitely better than when he took over, and definitely way better than the economy I left in 2005. I don't know about how strong it is, because it came at the cost of a lot of bailouts, and an increase in crappy, low benefit jobs.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
you know tehse p[eople taht jump on these post saying how graet tehy are doing only post so they can brag oo look at me i am so good never once thinking all it takes is one thing and there card house comes crashing down to .
I know people who own small business who lost half there 401 k s and you could be next think your so far above it when
the reqality is yoru lucky if you have a year if your greta income fails

The fact is, there are many people in the US who choose financial independence. It's a choice not to buy the newest iphone, or every new gadget out there. It's a choice to eat and drink at home rather than out. It's a choice to pass on vacations to cool locations. It's a choice to stay home more than not to save on gas. It's a choice to limit our children's holiday gifts to around $20.00. It's a choice to find free or very inexpensive ways to provide entertainment and educational knowledge. It's a choice not to purchase the extra fee movie channels, or any cable or satellite tv. It's a choice to live on more limited food items to save money on groceries. It's a choice to grow ones own food as they are capable to supplement the food pantry. It's a choice to drive an ugly but running vehicle year after year. It's a choice to walk or ride a bicycle when possible.

People want to have a home to call their own. It's possible but sometimes sacrifices must be made. I know several people, including myself who have sacrificed and now have the security of being debt free. The only problem some of us have is the possibility of a medical issue slamming us into debt because we can't afford medical insurance. But thankfully, you can't have your house liened upon from debt unless it is because of state or federal taxes owed. Many of us have insulated ourselves against the woes of the economy. It didn't happen over night and it wasn't easy. It takes dedication, strength and a lot of will power.

Fact: Slowest recovery since WWII
Fact: Sentier Research based on Census data finds that median household income of $56,700 at the end of 2015 stood exactly where it was adjusted for inflation at the end of 2007
Fact: The national debt has almost doubled
Fact: More jobless or underemployed that ever before
Fact: More recipients of government assistance programs than ever before

Does any part of that say strong economy?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What do ATS members think of this? President Obama feels that he is leaving the "Gift" of a Strong Economy to President Trump. One less thing for him to worry about.

Source 1: www.slate.com...

Source 2: money.cnn.com...

Depending on who to talk or listen to, the U.S. Economy is either STRONG, or barely limping along. What measure is the main determiner of America's economic strength??

-CareWeMust

I would say it's a good economy. Strong. I realize there are issues but consider this...

It was in really bad shape when he got it from Bush. It was a Global Recession, so not entirely Bush's fault and some say the Banking/Wall Street/Housing issues were a byproduct of Clinton that took a while to take hold.

Still, it's much better now. If you google economic indicators or a dozen other terms you'll get propaganda from the right and left and it may be hard to tell. So I have a much better way to tell, which is personal experience...

Personally, I've never been more well off, less debt, more income, better health insurance, business opportunities, investors to back them etc.

Professionally, my business is thriving, I live in an area that is half lower income mainly renters and the rest middle class. In a bad economy, my business would be tanking especially considering my demographic. but i'm thriving.

Communally, I don't have one close friend who is unemployed, very few who are underemployed based on age, experience and education. All of my family is employed and thriving as well. Most of my friends in other states are thriving as well in states as diverse as California, Maryland, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, West Virginia, Florida, Texas, New York, Pennsylvania, etc.

If the economy is bad, then my couple of hundred closer friends and family must all be pretending to do well or living in some magical bubble? Interesting. lol
edit on 5-12-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: Bluntone22

2% growth my ass!

You can't have 2% growth when the government spends 106% of GDP!

the (cooked book) growth this WH is reporting is generated by the ACA (Obamacare) part of economy...the WH & their accountant puppets call the increased prices of policies and increased co-pays/ out-of-pocket-expenses as ' increased economic activity'...
but we, the people realize it is actually slow-strangulation of the middle class

ingenious accounting is the real reason for this non-existent +2% GDP growth

the Trump Market Rally... rise to over 19k is not from the desperation of the populace under the burden of this WH policies.... the economy is gearing up to get rid of the pestilence in the WH and a massive shift is taking place in the 'Sectors' which are attracting new investment as Americans squirm out from under the oppressive policies of a WH that stated You Did Not Build It... the government did mentality....

good-bye & good riddance to north of rock creek park as it slowly descends into a non-Christian leaning community
edit on th31148097933005082016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think the US economy is in a weak, natural timing upswing, we destroyed North Africa and most of Europe to make it so. The US is hanging on by a thread and most of the world is screwed.
I don't think President Obama could find his butt with both hand and a flashlight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join