It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gift from OBAMA to TRUMP - A Vibrantly Strong U.S. Economy. Yes or No.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If you think the economy is good you must be very young.Everyone working where I do have seen our checks get smaller thanks to health insurance costs.I take home less than I did in 08 and cost of living is way higher.Until the recession hit I was doing great,now I never can save a penny.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yup, Obama is handing Trump a strongly hidden screwed up economy, full of deception in the way they record it. It is better than it was in 09 for sure, but the problem actually started years before 09. Businesses moving their production to other countries is what weakened our economy. At first it showed it was doing all right but soon our economy of this country started to show signs of stress and we are now dependent on other nations and our consumer based economy.

The increase in health care jobs counteracted the loss of factory jobs and to pay for this more people need to pay premiums. That created or preserved many more healthcare jobs. Nursing homes are flourishing everywhere and insurance rates are jumping up. Our parents savings are being spent on healthcare instead of going to their kids to help them get ahead.

It is a mess. Now, Obama did not flop, he did keep the economy from flopping but he did not fix it one bit. Personally, I would rather leave my money and home to my children, free of debt so they can get ahead. I will never go into a nursing home unless on a temporary arrangement and I will not take the meds they are prescribing unless I research them well. Once they turn you into a piece of playdough, they can keep you in the home and keep you alive till your money runs out.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
If you think the economy is good you must be very young.Everyone working where I do have seen our checks get smaller thanks to health insurance costs.I take home less than I did in 08 and cost of living is way higher.Until the recession hit I was doing great,now I never can save a penny.

So where you live is indicative of the whole country's economy?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
If the economy is "strong", why are so many retailers going under, why are over 95million Americans out of the work force. The fed is propping up the stock market.

The economy is shifting. People are buying different things, in different ways.

I rarely walk into a retail store to buy something today. The best prices are all "usually" online.

Amazon is offering "free shipping" on many things, which helps consumers to overcome one of the last drawbacks for shopping on-line, "expensive shipping."

More and more things are being bought by consumers directly from China, instead of buying those goods from retailers who themselves buy from China and then resell to consumers.

The middle men are being cut out of many sales.

So, people are buying like crazy, but not from the usual places.

This trend is likely to continue.

Eventually, consumers will buy their products direct from the producers, without any middle men, which are all retail businesses.

So, that's why retail is failing.

Here's another reason. I buy soldering equipment. Years ago, I'd buy these tools from suppliers who stocked them from various manufacturers. These are retail guys. However, the business has become very competitive, and the manufacturer keeps "updating" their tools more and more frequently. The retail guys can never keep up with the changes. As soon as they stock the 2015 model, the manufacture comes out with the 2016 model. So, now the retailer has "old stock" in house. But, the customer wants the latest tools. The retailer doesn't have them, and has to "special order" the latest, and is forced to "discount" last years model to clear the old stock. So, I'd have to wait for that "special order" to get processed. Basically, the retailer has to buy it now from the manufacturer, wait for it to be shipped to him, then re-ship it to me. Instead of bothering with that, I just buy direct from the manufacturer, who has set up an online site just for such direct sales. So, customers are being forced to cut out the retail guy because of the "speed of technological changes" in some product areas.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Obama spent 9 trillion of Debt to make this economy look good. I guess it will always look good if every President can double the national debt huh?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner

Yeah, I have been through many small recessions and there was always some kind of work to find. Most jobs in the seventies were full time and even though the wage was not great, you could live on that money. You did not need to get food stamps unless you had a couple of kids if you worked at a job in a store or gas station.

The figures this information refers to is the increase since after the great flop after 09. We should have improved a bit since the great flop, but if you look at other figures, interest at one percent and stock market average at less than seven percent, then you see that we are not doing so hot. I remember the days when you got twelve percent interest on your savings bond. No risk to take with that.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t We have plants all over the US,same in all of them.As many people that aren`t even trying to find a job should tell you everything you need to know about the strength of the economy.Sure some tech jobs are doing ok in spots.No way is it doing as well as 85-2005 for example.I doubt most people are surviving on welfare and foodstamps because they want to.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Obama spent 9 trillion of Debt to make this economy look good. I guess it will always look good if every President can double the national debt huh?

Yea, imagine these idiot politicians promoting a "free" college education! Imagine the debt going up by doing something insane like that before taking a gander at the ridiculous classes our young people are paying out the ying yang for just to be PC? This country can't afford 4 more years of Marxist college professors doing what they have done the past 40 years.

I sure as hell hope Trump has someone take a look at our colleges that are teaching our youth to hate everything about this country?

Obama has gifted Trump with nothing more than obstacles against freedom and liberty.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

I'm doing just fine money wise. No public assistance, steady paycheck, and I don't need to live on credit. There are many people in my area like that. So I ask again is YOUR experience indicative of the whole country?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Good economy?
That's funny.

We are plowing along at a whopping 2% growth and most of that is a result of extremely low fuel prices.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Xeven

Yea, imagine these idiot politicians promoting a "free" college education! Imagine the debt going up by doing something insane like that before taking a gander at the ridiculous classes our young people are paying out the ying yang for just to be PC? This country can't afford 4 more years of Marxist college professors doing what they have done the past 40 years.

I sure as hell hope Trump has someone take a look at our colleges that are teaching our youth to hate everything about this country?

Obama has gifted Trump with nothing more than obstacles against freedom and liberty.

FBI need to investigate the professors teaching subversive courses. It is against the law.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Agreed!

Fits the definition of sedition to a T if you ask me!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunnerexactly what I was going to say.
if you think the economy is ok then you must be too young to remember what an ok economy looks like.
employers are cutting workers hours so that they can slip through the loopholes in the obamacare law.

anyone who thinks the economy is ok is lying to themselves or they are uninformed.

The fake inflation rate and unemployment rate can`t hide the truth of how bad the economy is.

The real unemployment rate is, the percentage of people who want jobs but don`t have jobs.
The official Obama unemployment rate of %4.6 is an insulting lie,no sane person believes that %95.4 of people who want jobs actually have jobs.
The official inflation rate is even more ludicrous,if you`ve ever lived through a good economy you`ll know how bad this economy really is.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
LOL...$20,000,000,000,000.00 in debt! AWESOME Economy.
Thanks, Obama!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
teh guy above you is in a area that gated and being agted he thinks that is the world he has no clue as to what teh city centers look like .
PIck a bigger city the best we got and then driver around at night bet you wont do that.even DC has blocks appon blocks of so called public housing no one even the police dare enter .
philly is a hell hole .Detroit just teh name says it all . Chicago winde alright winds of change nothing but a borded up factory area . LA ha the whole state . if its so graet btehn why is 45 million people quilified for welfare ? 45 million and another 45 million surviving on 2 or 3 part time junk jobs wallyworld fast food its all tahts left hold up half teh country .oo but toca bell is adding 100 k jobs taht should get people off welfare .
Go ahead tell us how good you got it .
And when this house of cards finly falls 300 million people will be at your door step .
Good is a sick joke its worse then 1928 they are just better at hidding it .
and barting wont save us this time.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
you know tehse p[eople taht jump on these post saying how graet tehy are doing only post so they can brag oo look at me i am so good never once thinking all it takes is one thing and there card house comes crashing down to .
I know people who own small business who lost half there 401 k s and you could be next think your so far above it when
the reqality is yoru lucky if you have a year if your greta income fails

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Better than it was but most of that is from a financial facade. 10 trillion more in debt (or so people say), the financial system as precarious as ever and a lot of inflation. And, not so great with jobs in most parts of the country.

But. It didnt all fall apart and it could have. Obama made some tough decisions that held it together, no matter how precariously. Though it could still unravel. At any time.
edit on 5-12-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In my neck of the woods primary welfare state, I say from Obama we got more welfare recipients.

So not in my state the economy is crappier than before, just more people getting government assistance.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They can sugar coat the unemployment numbers, and I am sure that the national debt is bigger than it shows too.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is a nothing more than a way to say I am not responsible for what happens just like he never took responsibility while in office and blamed anything bad on Bush and the recession.

In the last 8 years I have seen...

More debt. No domestic growth. Less full time jobs. Health care has doubled. Higher taxes. More taxes. Higher electric cost. Higher cost of basic goods. More regulations. More welfare.

I know that as a middle class earner I did not see anything improve but I watched people in the same industry lose their jobs, go to part time and make less.

He cannot leave soon enough.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join