It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCrory concedes gubernatorial race to Cooper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

RALEIGH, N.C. — After weeks of bitterly contesting the results of the gubernatorial election, Republican Gov. Pat McCrory on Monday conceded the race to Democratic Attorney General Roy Cooper. McCrory issued a video statement, saying the state needs to unite behind Cooper moving forward. "Despite continued questions that should be answered regarding the voting process, I personally believe that the majority of our citizens have spoken, and we now should do everything we can to support the 75th governor of North Carolina, Roy Cooper," he said in the statement. Cooper responded by thanking McCrory for his service. Read more at www.wral.com...

So now NC has a new Governor. Since the main reason for this is HB2, we can only hope that finally, those hundreds of thousands of transgender folks can finally have a place to pee.

At least the current conditions of the state are known and easily remembered, should Gov Cooper not turn out to be the super guy he thinks he is.
I wasn't impressed with his speaking ability during the debates. He seemed to be stuck on saying that we needed to move past HB2 while bringing up nothing but HB2. I hope I am surprised by him doing an amazing job and being able to deal with adversity half as well as Pat McCrory did.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I didn't care so much for HB2 as I did for the fact that he's in Duke Energy's back pocket, and wants to allow big oil to frak and drill off the coast (where I live).

HB2 is stupid, though. Either way, good riddance. I didn't vote for Cooper either, but I hope he does a good job and isn't getting any big paychecks from corporations that have an interest in ruining this state's water.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

I can see how his previous ties would upset some, but his track record has proven him to be an effective leader and an exceptional manager of funds. Plus he dealt with Matthew during the peak of a re-election and focused his efforts on the State and it's people rather than re-election efforts, and for that, he has my admiration. I just hope Cooper can keep things on the same path for the next few years.

join