It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The warning shot.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: intrptr
What if we all switched to radio relay communication boards.

May have to get a GoTenna though.

No Network?

Any other communications would be illegal in that kind of society. Like in Germany during WWII. My mom says it was a crime punishable by sentencing to death camps if you listened to un official radio, like English radio broadcasts.

You scenario is post disaster with all communication out...

The signal passes over a short-wave radio frequency to the recipient’s device, which in turn displays the message through the app. If the recipient isn’t within range, the system will automatically resend the message until it goes through.

In a total censorship Orwellian society, that (shortwave) radio signal would be traced and you would be arrested.

Same with any other old radio sets.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So I guess it is back to underground mail.

We have to devise an underground code language, a decoder ring wouldn't work, so maybe we would just have to have alternate meanings for commonly used words.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Star for you

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I mean really, CNN is amongst the same sites quoting from "anonymous sources" warning us that the stocks would drop if Trump wins POTUS.

Here's a link to what actually happened to the stock market. www.google.com... rs-on-edge/?client=safari

www.google.com... rs-on-edge/

My links may not work just google "Stock market surges after Trump election"..

It's blatant.
edit on 5-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
So I guess it is back to underground mail.

We have to devise an underground code language, a decoder ring wouldn't work, so maybe we would just have to have alternate meanings for commonly used words.

There you go. Like in WWII, Nazi occupied France:

The rain falls mainly on the plain in Spain (that means blow up the railroad trestle).

Or we could raise some pigeons. I have a big hammer, I could bang Morse code on hollow aluminum light poles. In ancient Greece or someplace they shaved your head , tattooed messages on their scalp, then when their hair grew back they sent them as messengers through enemy territory.

Got a really fast horse? Napoleon conquered the world because he had the fastest riders.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If it wasn't "pizza gate" being the target for censoring it would be something else that is deemed big enough to go after.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins
In the last paragraph you are talking about a "guy". Are you talking about this guy?

m.imdb.com...

This guy has led an interesting life. He has even done work with poor little orphan kids in Haiti. Small world, eh?

I thought I smelled a false flag. Look... a crisis actor...
not even surprised nor shocked

Just googled and saw that reddit has a thread up atm exposing him

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

Listen, while I get you and all, and while I agree that you make some fair points, this whole thing arose due to literal fake news that was made up by schoolchildren in another country. They made really good money off of making that fake news. But it harms the general public because they're so stupid that they actually believe clickbait. You wouldn't believe how many of my friends believed that bogus trump video that they dubbed over. How many of them didn't take the time to do a little bit of their own research.

People aren't thinking for themselves--they're letting their smartphones do it for them, instead of just using them as a helpful tool. It's that over-reliance that has caused this mess. Anyone with any sense already knew that said false stories were false and paid them no heed.

Since people want to be given their 'news' and entertainment on social media, because it helps them feel important to be 'connected' to famous people who they mistakenly idolize. I think that it is a good thing that social media is going to step up to remove the most idiotic things. Things like that were so annoying to add to the 'i don't want to see this because it is annoying' thing. In fact, in order to make facebook understand me and how to keep me as a member on their little shindig, i told them lots of preferences voluntarily--several times. And it's great--I have no side ads because I told them innumerable times how annoying it was and then stopped using facebook as much. Now that they're gone, my experience is so much better.

And you see, therein lies my point: they want people to be happy. They make money off of our information--so it's lucrative. They need to give people what they want in order to survive since, these days, everyone's all about instant gratification.

I know you think it's a conspiracy, and I'm all for tin-foil hatting it up and going ham down the rabbit hole, but this is not one of those times.

All of you who are all up in arms over this and who actually think that this is something to be concerned about are overthinking this. You don't see the forest for the trees. What do you think this is?

It is what it is.

Always has been.

Didn't you know?

Don't say stupid stuff on social media. Be discreet unless you can at least be semi-anonymous like on here. Not that this is really safe either, but who cares. I'm very open about myself because I'm well-aware that I'm very useful ^_^

If you're gonna say weird alternative stuff on facebook, either make it into a joke, or find a song that adequately expresses what you're trying to say and post that. Come on--have some creativity and a sense of panache! haha Be smart about it and it's easy and no biggie, just saying MVIII.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
About an hr ago on nbc news they were crying about fake news during a very rushed segment on the pizza place "shooter". Slowing down to say that crazy conspiracy theorists were connecting the word 'pizza' to a child traffiking ring with "absolutely no evidence".
Just plant that seed, and everyone can go about their day.

Incredibly bizzare times we're living in.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It's hilarious that only now ... during this election people question the news ... not when it was slandering entire nations, races, and other people ... showing them as evil or only in a negative light, while portraying others like saints while they commit every vile act on the planet.

The media (all of them and in any form) has always been corrupt.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
"Iraq has weapons of mass destruction" who parroted that around again? a false conspiracy killed how many people?

Trump thinks SNL is unwatchable, it should be thrown into fake news also.

The term “fake news” is golden for MSM for that, You don’t have to bring up arguments or use logic to convince people, you can just cry “fake news!”.

This tactic can be used against anything going against mainstream media, and that gives them the power to completely control the narrative. As the history has shown the mainstream media can’t be trusted with this control.

That's how we got here in the first place..

Exactly - this is another attempt to create a phrase as a pejorative and make it an argument closer, like 'conspiracy theorist'. Very few are falling for the trick again. the MSM can use the phrase in their echo chamber, but more people are now aware that it is the MSM who peddle fake news and propaganda.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

you basically say nothing to see here just move on, just choose a song that fits the mood. don´t say stupid stuff on social media, just make a joke about it.

what kind of songs and jokes would you recommend for all the nice things that people are bringing to light in the last days?
the atrocious crimes that are committed by members of the so called "elite" and the monumental coverup that is happening for decades ?
i think more and more people are tired of having songs and movies hammering the "elites" agenda into peoples subconsciousness. i think tons of people are actually waking up and break through the web of deceptions and lies of the "elite" and their enablers. and to me it seems that those "people up there" are getting very uncomfortable with all the digging into their secrets.
if you cannot or do not want to see that you probably did not read much about all the things around "pizzagate".
if you care about freedom at all you might want to check again.

edit on 6-12-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am noticing something.
I am not a TV newswatcher. But in the last couple days I have had the TV on to drown out real life.

Most regular folks in the middle class watch the local news with a 30 min national feed. In the past week (even before the gun-guy) the only news that references the p-gate is labelled upfront as "fake news" and "hoax". NOT ONCE have I heard an explanation of why people are concerned. It is brushed off exactly like "nothing to see here, move on".

It is easy to ignore a story that starts basically as "this is fake".

I know something is going on to squelch this whole mess.
Bullies always have something to hide.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Reality is a contrived thing, a matter of what one is naive enough to believe to be true without questioning it.

After one stops believing in everything, the only thing left is reality.

Most of what you see and hear on the media would not be allowed into your house if it knocked at your door.

Stop letting the contrived reality into your life through your computer and TV.

Reality at face value is much easier to deal with than all the static and nonsense most people's heads are stuffed chock full of.

What was this thread about?, Trump tweeting?, censoring news sites?, nonsense that doesn't really matter at all?.

Yep....

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Interestingly, it seems this may be a FAKE warning shot?! The guy Alex Jones interviewed was there sitting at that restaurant at the time the guy was arrested. He did not hear any shots! How could he not hear a shotgun blast? I mean really, this is probably a fake story about a fake warning shot.

SKIP TO 5:35

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If someone were to send the Podesta emails to the MSM and say CNN decided to discuss them on the air, would they NOT conclude the same thing we all did?

There is no way in the galaxy they would conclude he is ALWAYS referring to REAL pizza only....not a chance.

They would IN FACT be curious as to what EXACTLY he WAS referring to and start asking questions right??

The emails themselves and the mystery code within them are NOT fake news PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It will not be a warning shot! That is the old way of dealing with things you do not like.

It will be more insidious. It will be cloaked in "doing good" and made to feel "this is something I want to do." They will even congratulate you for "thinking this up by yourself." That is where it is truly a psy-op. You willing give up your freedoms to make the world better and in the end all you have are less freedoms while TPTB have one less item to keep an eye on.

It is already happening. Or, it has already happened. I am not sure. And that is why it is so sneaky: you do not hear the warning shot!

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

They're censoring sites like Reddit and Facebook which are social media and not "Fake News" sites.

Also Donald Trump relays his messages to the public through social media and not MSM, no time to direct the narrative as CNN sees the words come straight from the horses mouth.

As expected the guy claimed that he decided to act after he read so many horrible things on sites and other "fake-news" sites. This will give immense justification for the DHS to put their foot down making pressure on alternative sites to censor speech or be forced to shut down.

I am confused...Trump is in the process of selecting his DHS head right now...do you fear a Trump administration crack-down on fake news?

Or was this an auto-pilot error? Cuz the big...bad gov. is now GOP...all three branches and every department head that matters.

edit on 6-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"Trump thinks SNL is unwatchable, it should be thrown into fake news also.

The term “fake news” is golden for MSM for that, You don’t have to bring up arguments or use logic to convince people, you can just cry “fake news!”.

SNL is perhaps the BEST example of freedom of expression a person could use. Nothing and no one sacred. SNL does not pretend to be news. They comment on the news.

We just went through an election where blogger were throwing out a cloud of accusations going both ways. as always i will look for verification of events by crosschecking main stream sources before accepting any bloggers insights.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

SNL jumped shark so long ago I can't even remember. They are as liberal as possible (all tongue in cheek of course) with an occasional jab at some ludicrous lefty.
Yeah, it's freedom of expression if that's your thing. The talent is so absent from what was truly funny in the beginning in the 70s that it's just a parody of itself now.
Our freedoms have diminished so that our founding father wouldn't even recognize today what they worked so hard to establish.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join