It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consequences of an internet echo chamber

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: angeldoll

So the nutcase called it an internet rumor?

I think he might have actually used the word 'conspiracy', come to think of it. You can watch the video. It's not long.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Lock her up!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

Do we know anything else about Edgar Madison's background? What line of work is he in? What's his family background? Does he have a history of mental instability? A lot of people have heard of Pizzagate and he's the only one so far to respond like this (that I know of). What predisposed him to do it?

Here's a little history about him (and his dad -- former LEO):

Edgar Maddison Welch: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Highlights: He's a former(???) actor/screenwriter/producer; last month was arrested for hitting a kid in the street with his car, registered Republican, father of two daughters.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What echo chamber???

It's not an echo chamber if others can disagree... At least here on ATS there are plenty of those! Not to mention mainstream media publicly proclaiming it "fake news"... although I sure don't know how they know if it's true or not.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you for the additional information.

from your source,

An employee of the restaurant told the owner of a neighboring store, Bradley Graham, that Welch went into the kitchen of the restaurant, “presumably looking for the alleged tunnels” used to hide, torture and traffic children, the Post reports.

Guess he didn't find anything.
Very sad guy.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Yea, I came to the realization after this election that a lot of people only go to websites and have FB friends with the same view of theirs. I think the echo chamber and the confirmation bias it provides leaves a lot of people without opposing views and hence think they are always right.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: angeldoll

Millions of people have read about a crazy conspiracy theory called "Pizzagate." An untold number of them actually believe it. One person apparently took matters into his own hands and showed up to the pizza place that the conspiracy theorists say is at the center of the web with guns.

See video and read more here.

money.cnn.com...

Sorry I don't click on FAKE NEWS Sources,

Wow if there was a more brilliant example of irony I don't know what it is. In a thread titled "Consequences of an internet echo chamber" you post a post about honoring your own private echo chamber. Classic. Don't try to deny ignorance or anything.
edit on 5-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Yea, I came to the realization after this election that a lot of people only go to websites and have FB friends with the same view of theirs. I think the echo chamber and the confirmation bias it provides leaves a lot of people without opposing views and hence think they are always right.

I agree with this spirithorse. We probably do have a tendency to read articles that support our beliefs, in fact I know we do, which is fine except when it comes to the exclusion of all other information, and then we are willfully contaminating our own minds. If there are facts, we should consider facts. If there are absolutely NO facts, perhaps we should let something go, and dismiss it as rumor and fake.

If anything is true, there should be some corroborating evidence somewhere, even if a small amount.

Sometimes things seem to pulled from thin air. Sometimes a snake is just a snake, and a pizza, a pizza.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I agree with this spirithorse. We probably do have a tendency to read articles that support our beliefs, in fact I know we do, which is fine except when it comes to the exclusion of all other information, and then we are willfully contaminating our own minds. If there are facts, we should consider facts. If there are absolutely NO facts, perhaps we should let something go, and dismiss it as rumor and fake.

If anything is true, there should be some corroborating evidence somewhere, even if a small amount.

Sometimes things seem to pulled from thin air. Sometimes a snake is just a snake, and a pizza, a pizza.

One of the reasons I like ATS so much is you will pretty much immediately get opposing views and facts better be fact or you will be corrected forthwith. I think ATS is more likely to get to the truth than either of the extremes of the right or left's sites with pundit opinion stories many people accept as truth just because they are so recognized i.e Fox News or CNN. Now it seems we need to figure out how to get the masses to dig down to the facts and past the opinions. I am a conservative, but the amount of BS I see past around places like FB that is completely false or fake news is ridiculous.

The pentagon said once that they see the internet as an enemy weapons system. People today are exposed to news from other countries, videos, people, etc. and because of personal bias can be subjected to propaganda much easier than ever before. Like the Russian propaganda issue, we see stories quoted often from Russia Today (RT). I am not sure how we as a country can correct the issue of fake news or echo chambers. Even our MSM has become biased and less intelligent people can't seem to separate the opinion shows from the actual news stories.

I think it is counterproductive to use shaming and name calling. People will immediately disregard anything you have to say once that starts. By doing so there is no legitimate discussion or debate which can actually help expose one to other viewpoints and change their views. At this point in society there is an entrenchment on both sides and until we can get past that we will continue to head in a very dangerous direction.

Quite a mess indeed.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Shamrock6

let me nudge you in the right direction. If the headline is "something mean about Trump", it's approved news, if it's anything at all "pro Trump" it's fake news. I hope that helps.

Talk about someone who makes a perfect example of being in an echo chamber!!!

I know right? described you lot to a "T". If you listen carefully, you'll hear it......"t"...."t"....."t"..........

Go get em cowboy!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Free speech, yes. But this one is more like falsely yelling "Fire" in a crowded theatre.

This guy was armed with an assault rifle, a revolver and a knife. Maybe he was hoping to find one of the major players "in the tunnel". Brains have turned to mush.

Whoever started this BS, Russia, Trump camp, whoever, needs to make a public announcement and repute it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

a reply to: Shamrock6

let me nudge you in the right direction. If the headline is "something mean about Trump", it's approved news, if it's anything at all "pro Trump" it's fake news. I hope that helps.

Talk about someone who makes a perfect example of being in an echo chamber!!!

I know right? described you lot to a "T". If you listen carefully, you'll hear it......"t"...."t"....."t"..........

Go get em cowboy!

Are you trying to say something? If so, could you please rephrase it in a way that resembles intelligent thought so we can understand?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Is this a different echo chamber than the one that had Hillary crushing Trump in a landslide, and gave Trump no possible way to win enough electoral votes to even be considered a legitimate candidate?

Or is there an approved echo chamber and an unapproved one? I can't keep the echo chambers straight. Which one are we supposed to believe?

Getting it wrong isn't the same as making it up. Trump's internal polling showed him losing too and that included on election day.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Like many ridiculous things on the internet Pizzagate appears to have begun on the troll haven and message board 4chan.

After Podesta's emails were hacked (likely by Russian agents) and wikileaks published them, 4chan users in October found emails between Podesta and Alefantis about a Clinton fundraiser that happened early on the campaign.
........... Pro-Trump tweeters have continued to promote it.

The article goes on the say that many of these false news stories have originated from a tiny Macedonian town called Vetes. They admitted they learned the best way to earn shares on facebook was to publish sensationalist and often false content that caters to Trump supporters.

www.vox.com...

This is very likely going to be a lawsuit from Comet Pizza, because the business was directly named, and it has damaged the business. No criminal charges, but very likely a civil suit is being filed.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A Trumpette, Kayleigh McEnany is making a statement that the extreme right is promoting this story and it has nothing to do with Trump. heh. (AS IF Trump is not the extreme right). She's also saying she expects there will be a lawsuit, and then taking a twist, pointed out that Bill Clinton has been on Epstein's plane. WTH?

I'm surprised he's having someone disavow it (the threat of a lawsuit?), he never sincerely disavowed the KKK's support until under pressure to do so? Why? No lawsuit? I guess he has his hands full of those.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
CNN IS fake news.

SMH.

Troll.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Is one qualified to speak of echo chambers from inside echo chambers?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The fact is this does happen, like it just did in Norway, politicians and police caught in a sting going on since May 2016, this was pedophiles, involved with children. These groups are very hard to get into, as most people could not with stand the initiation.
And it is proven fact this stuff goes on in DC, big time, Boys town, the young boys who got a special tour of the Whitehorse.

If some one wants the links, look them up your self, I already did.

Thatcher was in on cover ups in England with the PMs, plus her son was in on the black market sales of 6 nukes, of the 12 they did not want Mandela to get his hands on in South Africa, when he took over as President. Those Nukes are suppose to be in Syria now. But these politicians are involved in all kinds of low life things.

George Bush, Reagan believe it or not, the queen of england, believe what you want.

You know they say they eat babies in china, but the fact is it's only 1% of Chinese that eat babies.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Guess he didn't find anything.
Very sad guy.

I guess not. I wonder what he was thinking... what he thought he was doing. Reading what little history is available, it seems this guy has some big problems. My heart goes out to his daughters.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Busted! Politicians, Police Caught in Huge Norwegian Pedophile Ring
EUROPE
15:15 24.11.2016

What about this, They used, encrypted Darknet networks, to set up their contact whit their pervert friends, now this is real, the echo is real.
Some people live in a perfect world where this stuff never happens, I don't know if this thread is meant to minimize what is going on in the world, including DC, but this stuff really happens and is covered up very well by those involve

I know I said I was not providing links, but it was so easy I couldn't resist.
Link; sputniknews.com... is this real news, if not there is all kinds on the net regarding this.
edit on 6-12-2016 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join