It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One-Legged, Fire Breathing Giant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
archaicwonder.tumblr.com...

NINIAN CENTRAL PLATFORM

A popular urban legend on the oil rigs of Scotland is that the Seer predicted the appearance of a “one-legged, fire-breathing giant from Nigg”. And in due course the mono-pod (one-legged) oil platform the Ninian Central was built on the west coast at Kishorn and installed in the North Sea, where it has produced oil and flared (burned) gas for many years since. Nigg is the site of another Scottish oil rig manufacturing facility across the Cromarty Firth and The Sutors from Cromarty on the Black Isle, 10 miles from Chanonry Point.

It seems the vision was a little confused. He got the location wrong, but the description fits.

Here she is at 19:55.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Someone saw the future, and it was now.

I like looking for that stuff, thanks for bringing it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is very fascinating. It also supports my belief that people often take prophecy or ancient texts far too literally and because of that, we may miss messages that actually have some value as far as portent. How many people took that particular prophecy to mean that an actual living one-legged monster would appear? I'm betting a whole lot. I think the same dynamic also applies to interpretation of events foretold in the christian Bible and other religious documents.

People forget that when someone has a vision or dream of future or past events, their own mind has to translate the images first, and if the person has no known basis of comparison for what they're seeing, that initial translation is going to be extremely subjective and therefore it is a mistake to take it as a literal description of the event and details surrounding it. If I had never seen an oil platform and had zero experience upon which to draw for an idea of what I was being shown, I might have called it a monster too...it does look monstrous and ugly and sinister.

Very cool thread!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester
Thank you for this! I will watch it tonight after work.

I think that often when they saw the future they could not understand what they were seeing. To them it would look like a one-legged fire breathing monster...and still be totally accurate!

top topics

join