It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mummy 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I just saw this and...oh my, this looks like it could be real good. The Mummy starts what is Universal's own cinematic universe of all their gothic monsters. I believe the the next films to follow will be reboots/remakes of The Creature from the Black Lagoon & Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

While I'm wary of rebooting/remaking everything under the sun it might be fun to see some of my old favorites with today's technology. As for The Mummy, I've read that it won't be like the more recent Brendan Frazier movies. Russell Crowe says that it's meant to scare the sh*t out of you.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This looks promising, i think 2017 will be awesome, movie wise. a reply to: RomaSempre

edit on 5-12-2016 by LordOfDestruction because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Saw the trailer during the Seahawks game (Go HAWKS!) looks good. I think Tom Cruise is a nutjob but his movies are generally quite entertaining (I loved MI:III and Edge of Tomorrow). I thought the 1999 Brendan Fraser movie and its sequel were good although this looks like it will take a much darker and serious slant to the story; the new Hollywood staple of the "gritty reboot" I guess. Jake Johnson from "New Girl" is going to be playing the comic relief which sounds good as he's quite funny.

Russell Crowe is gonna be playing Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde; a role which will apparently garner its own stand alone feature If all goes as planned for Universal.

I'll miss Oded Fehr and the chance to look at Rachel Weisz for a few hours.

Probably check it out on DVD.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
While I love movies in general, after seeing all the coming remakes, I have to ask. Are there no new ideas left?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Tom gets a bad rap.

However his movies are usually pretty good. If a bit underrated IMO.

This trailer certainly looks pretty cool. I hope this movies is as fun to watch as the previous ones.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Personal life aside Tom is a brilliant actor! He has a screen presence that I love in an actor, oh and he can run.

I wouldnt consider this a remake but a sequel set in today's narrative and timeline, they could of easily past it off as The mummy 4, 5 or whatever they are up to. Looks good though.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This looks like something I would love to see!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The storyline has so much potential and time after time Hollywood blows it.

We'll see.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Interesting trailer.
I'm a big fan of the Brendan Fraser series so I'll probably be especially picky.

Was the somewhat recent Dracula Untold part of these reboot project? The bunch of bats in this Mummy trailer made me wonder.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: msfitte

russle crowe played dr jekyll in this mummy movie...so, will dr jekyll/mr hyde be the 2nd monster movie released by universal?

the special effects are good...don't like tom cruise

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody noticed, but the writing on the mummy-girl's face is not Egyptian. It looks more like Proto-Canaanite or some variation of Cuneiform. That puts a very interesting spin on the story. Maybe its about the first mummy?
edit on 5-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Looks interesting!

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Very impressing trailer! Can't wait to see it!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Definitely didn't have an Egyptian feel, but yeah, I think it looks promising. Cruise is a whacko, but his acting is top notch. Can't believe that guy is in his 50's... Damn vampires....

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ME likey!!!!

Please don't be a let down.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Mummy movies are the best good on ya OP

top topics

join