It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University’s ‘Whiteness Forum’ takes ‘critical look at whiteness’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I literally feel ill every time I have to look at a white person.

The more lilly white, the iller I become.

Literally.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

My oldest son returned home with his liberal arts degree, trying to explain how this racism concept works. I told him he just spent a bunch of cash learning to be stupid. He was not appreciative of this.

I just can't see the logic. In nursing school you are taught that pain is what the patients says it is. If someone experiences pain, its an absolute: THEY experience the pain. Its their misery, perceptive to them alone. All you can say, reasonably, is that their misery is exactly as described by them.

Racism is the same. The differentiation of an act on an individual via rationalization is, itself, an atrocity. It is allowing a proxy of "tyranny of the majority", and is itself a racist assertion.

Racism is racism. Rationalization doesn't change that. It only makes one feel better about perpetrating it.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Do you become the illest, though?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

My oldest son returned home with his liberal arts degree, trying to explain how this racism concept works. I told him he just spent a bunch of cash learning to be stupid. He was not appreciative of this.

I just can't see the logic. In nursing school you are taught that pain is what the patients says it is. If someone experiences pain, its an absolute: THEY experience the pain. Its their misery, perceptive to them alone. All you can say, reasonably, is that their misery is exactly as described by them.

Racism is the same. The differentiation of an act on an individual via rationalization is, itself, an atrocity. It is allowing a proxy of "tyranny of the majority", and is itself a racist assertion.

Racism is racism. Rationalization doesn't change that. It only makes one feel better about perpetrating it.
the latter half of your post is a tad unclear. I disagree, because racism is generally an accusation towards an external source, whether personal or systematic. Saying one "feels another is being racist" shouldn't be enough, as not only is it a very serious accusation but also sometimes people are wrong, and projecting psychologically. Maybe I misinterpreted your analogy to pain.
edit on 6-12-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dntwastetime
War is coming. The unnuetered white men will not put up with this for much longer and will unite and fight. Scary scary scary results from that will appear. We will not forget the traitors. Being victimized while being called the oppressor enrages me to my firey core. Bad bad bad days ahead for liberals.

This is pretty much the end game for all the race baiting propagated by our lamestream news.

However, a televised verbal debate with a real sociologist...or a savvy comedian would end this madness rather quickly.
Where are you now George Carlin?

“I like people one at a time—I don’t like the (expletive) grouping. It’s when they group that bothers me—the clotting. People-clotting is what causes the trouble. As soon as it’s about eight or 12 guys, they start having a fight song or a (expletive) slogan, or they give themselves a name and buy baseball hats, or they get jackets with their name on it and they wear little arm bands, and pretty soon they got a list of people they don’t like, and pretty soon they’re marching over in the park—and it’s a (expletive) danger. Groups are a danger.

“They sacrifice their individual beauty for the sake of the group. And the loss of the individual is tragic.” --George Carlin

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I wonder if I would have been allowed to point out the ways that my "whiteness" held me back?

*After graduating high school with a 3.5 GPA I went to Marshall University. My roommate was mixed race from Chiacgo and graduated high school with a C GPA. Due to her minority status she got a "full ride" plus monies for expenses. I got tuition paid for only and had to maintain my 3.5 GPA to retain said scholarship. Even my roommate was shocked by the unfairness.

*Later in life I worked for a uniform company. It was basically a huge production plant. I started as a temp worker and then went part time. The plant was unionized so they had by-laws they had to follow. When it was finally my turn to go full time, they skipped me. Said that they had not met their "quota" and went to the bottom of the part time workers and promoted a black woman to full time. I had to file a grievance and fight to get the full time job that I deserved (but they allowed her to keep her position because if not their numbers would be off- companies words)

*I am again getting ready to go back to school. If there was an extra box that I could check on my application, I would qualify for additional funding.

Until we start treating people as people and not colors, nothing will ever be equal

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join