It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University’s ‘Whiteness Forum’ takes ‘critical look at whiteness’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: jimmyx

a reply to: jimmyx

Liberals dismiss people like me because I'm a Texan conservative...

Once u hear that, u already have me figured out (according to ur liberal prejudice)
And automatically assume me to be a pro-life, anti-gay Christian zealot with little education...

What did I miss?

-Chris

what did you miss?....context.....it would be like me saying that the white guy that shot up that church and killed 8 black people represent the conservatives, the Christian white agenda, and the hidden white racists majority in the republican party.

He murdered Christians while at church...tell me again why he would be classified as a Christian extremist...

And explain with small words..remember I'm a conservative so my brain is small and education non-existent...

-Christosterone

You didn't address anything he wrote.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Once u hear that, u already have me figured out (according to ur liberal prejudice)
And automatically assume me to be a pro-life, anti-gay, **** Christian zealot with little education...

What did I miss?

****edit: racist, misogynistic

-Chris
I get what you are saying.

I'm a liberal. But as a white blonde male in very liberal circles, I often wonder if it's the best environment for me, as more and more liberal employers and colleagues think it's okay to judge me negatively based on my appearance. I see it at my liberal job all of the time.

Please, what are all the times you've been discriminated against?
edit on 12/5/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
War is coming. The unnuetered white men will not put up with this for much longer and will unite and fight. Scary scary scary results from that will appear. We will not forget the traitors. Being victimized while being called the oppressor enrages me to my firey core. Bad bad bad days ahead for liberals.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

And automatically assume me to be a pro-life, anti-gay, **** Christian zealot with little education...

What did I miss?

-Chris

I'm a liberal. But as a white blonde male in very liberal circles, I often wonder if it's the best environment for me, as more and more liberal employers and colleagues think it's okay to judge me negatively based on my appearance. I see it at my liberal job all of the time.

Please, what are all the times you've been discriminated against?
you do realize that social justice scholars recognize that a white person can experience discrimination, prejudice, etc? They just say that "racism" doesn't happen due to the power differential.

Secondly, I've definitely experienced racially prejudicial statements by a few people and a few actual cases of discrimination. I work in social impact, anti poverty orgs, NGOs, and gov offices. These issues go up in such contexts, in my experience.

Unless you have the same career, you can't really tell me the emergent culture in such settings.

I can't for the life of me understand why people like you would believe that no orgs nor people show prejudice towards white people. It's totally irrational.
edit on 5-12-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What did I miss?

-Chris

If memory serves u are the great white god of
Aztec prophecy...well, according to ur username

That should count for something...

-Chris
Lol

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
So now been white and debating whiteness is a school class?

Hell very soon white people will have to start tanning their skin brown to look more acceptable.

Have to instead of wanting to?
It's hard not to get that healthy looking tanned glow in summer months.....it just happens.

I wonder if it'll be soon easier for white people to not be discriminated against (for the whiteness) in the summer..🤔
Or if it'll be harder for tanned people to deal with cops in the summer when we're the colour of indigenous/aboriginal/native/indian/etc (pick current politically correct).

50 shades of white.......

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For every action there is an equal and oppisite reaction.

displaying white people as creating a world that is racist and holding people of color down what is the reaction people are expecting to receive? What is the goal of this type of logic?

What first comes to mind is they believe they are unfairly oppressed based on the evidence presented. Lets look at this subjectively these people are at college they are probably getting a loan for college " not paying it out of pocket" . If what i said is true whites would have an unfair advantage in recieving college loans and grants even the acceptance of qualifying whites would be lower to give an unfair advantage. However we know this isnt the case as college grants and loans are geared towards helping people of color and it requires less academic success to be accepted then their counterpart white peers.

#2 the job market would be also geared to giving unfair advantage to whites. However we know this also isnt the case as most companies have to meet diversity numbers, this means jobs that could be filled by more highly qualified white individuals have be given to people of color or diffrent genders to fill a quota within a corporation.

#3 housing loans, business loans ect would have to reflect that white people are given unfair advantage and again this isnt proven as their are housing loans and business loans given to people of color at lower interest rates then their white counter part simply due to the fact they are people of color.

Now i have given 3 examples where white peers are negatively impacted in major areas that lead to prosperity and financial gain. This puts white people at a disavantage when trying to get into college, recieve a loan for college, recieve a loan for a business after college or get a high paying job in a competitive market. Its not highly questionable pseudoscience based off peoples precieved racist internal motivations but facts.

Most white lower class people know about everything I posted as we deal with it to some degree in our lives so when we hear these people we automatically ignore them if the evidence they present isnt compelling enough.I will admit it needs to be less compelling to whites in upper class simply because they want to help as they are ok and no longer need to struggle to get to the upperclass.
White upperclass are more willing to give unfair advantage to people of color to reach middle or upperclass for a feel good response without reflecting on its actions to their white lower class counter parts actually they actively demonize their white lower class counter parts for not accepting their view.

The reaction to the action is automatically considered racism by the left upper class whites and people of color and not self preservation and equality for lower class whites trying to reach upper class.

This breakdown in being able to engage civil discussion leaves lower class whites with little choice to view people of color and upper class whites as a problem and this actually leads to racism as a response on both sides. As people of color, gender and sexuality push for more laws and favoritism in the name of equality at the expense of lower class white people "mostly white males" the hate grows as it becomes even more difficult for white males or white people to suceed. Again action and reaction.

The real goal of these type of events are to give infair advantage to minorities of ethnicities,race,gender and sexuality at the expense of the white lowerclass heterosexual males which is racism, sexism and classism in the name of equality while calling anyone who doesnt support it a racist.

Did i miss something?

edit on 5-12-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

And automatically assume me to be a pro-life, anti-gay Christian zealot with little education...

What did I miss?

-Chris

what did you miss?....context.....it would be like me saying that the white guy that shot up that church and killed 8 black people represent the conservatives, the Christian white agenda, and the hidden white racists majority in the republican party.

He murdered Christians while at church...tell me again why he would be classified as a Christian extremist...

And explain with small words..remember I'm a conservative so my brain is small and education non-existent...

-Christosterone

first of all he wouldn't....it was an example, so I wrote that to sound stupid, as you have pointed out.... my whole point is you can't judge entire groups (liberals, democrats, progressives) of people, by what one college did for 2 hours on one day in one class at one school. the member (Metallicus) of whom I was replying to, said of my previous post, quote, "this class is symptom of a larger disease"......there is no "larger disease", and this class does NOT represent a "larger disease"....now, if parochial high schools around the nation would quit "teaching and grading students" about their knowledge of a mythical being (god), and leave that up to their own parents and church, that would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I heard this is part of the curriculum...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
These impressionable kids are being brainwashed because we are many.

Don't forget we are being divided by our superficial differences, so we don't rise up.

Do you personally know anyone oppressing you? If anyone has harassed you, didn't you just think of them as an idiot and move on with your life?

We are all poor and struggling together.

It has always been class privilege. The takers have always taken from the masses.

Learn from the past, but live in the present. Don't lump me, as a Polish-American woman as one of the takers because I happen to be pale.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Can anyone explain in the simplest terms what the rational basis for this belief system is?

Also...to which immutable authorities are the arguments appealing to?

I get the feeling that these people are starting with an a priori statement then torturing history and other information to provide a semblance of support for it.

They have created an entire mythology and new vocabulary for describing how they think the world works and then forcing it down our throats where if we dont accept it we are then automatically part of the problem. They leave ZERO middle ground or room for nuance....which...isnt that the very definition of a mental disorder? All or nothing thinking?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Honestly, you are plumbing new depths of politically incorrect expression.

I love it!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

They have created an entire mythology and new vocabulary for describing how they think the world works and then forcing it down our throats where if we dont accept it we are then automatically part of the problem.

Well, YEA, don't you see what you're describing here? Please tell me you do.

Let me spell it out for you. ITS A BUSINESS PLAN!

Create a new construct, an new "issue"; call it white privilege. Its not a "thing" until someone made it up.
Then..........sell it as a necessity to be addressed in Colleges across the country as a "curriculum" to address a made up "problem". (Similar to Madison Avenue advertizing geniuses in "creating a need".

Then...........write a book, write the curriculum and VOILA you're rich and taking in speaking fees and your on TV. This is the next "big thing" and wait.....................THERE'S MORE!

Now there will need to be Social Justice Professors to teach this "new curriculum"; it will rise to the PHD level and then YOU GET A JOB FOR LIFE TEACHING ALL ABOUT WHITENESS!

Get a grip..................its all BS, UNLESS, you're the one profiteering from it!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Maybe my last comment on this subject, but Chris, you do realize don't you that the people like these kids live in a bubble world of very few people who all talk the same social language type talk and have the world view of a pecan and they're all maybe 20~24 and never talk to any one outside their particular echo chamber.

In the mean time, in the real world, workers are tearing out concrete with jack hammers, lawyers are lying for clients in court, judges are taking bribes, cops are driving their beats, doctors are malpracticing; Pilots are flying airplanes, etc., etc., etc.

The hopeful beauty of all this is, these people will probably never leave California, except maybe to go to Oregon or Washington state. I live in Texas; they'll never see Texas except maybe from the window of an Airplane as it takes them to some "Whiteness" conference in "Chocolate City", i.e., New Orleans where they'll be in the company of a bunch of over educated SJW's who also happen to be "Black" and who hate them for having misappropriated their issues. And remember..........these are the very same people who don't own a car, ride Uber everywhere, actually NEED self-tieing shoes because they can't tie their own laces. They've altogether missed out on learning any of the skills necessary to survive in the real world because their parents coddled them to near death to protect their supposed genius.

Put another way..................this too shall pass.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Those graduates with their MWO's (Master of White Opression) are going to make so much money in the real world. Imagine how that is going to look on their resume to a White Male CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Wait, they're still allowed to call it the "Master Degree"?? Isn't that a microaggression?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Shouldn't a Wheel of Whiteness just automatically allow a white person to pick what spot they land on? That's what I've always been told.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
damn you guys are good.....i love it

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I wish they'd just have the stones to say what it really is. It's a forum where you can come and hate on white people and blame them for all of your problems.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Is that why the country went on a crusade to tear down every confederate flag they could find? If Dylan Roof wasn't thought to be indicative of a "type," then there would have been no need for such a crusade to expiate any perceived group racial sins ... but clearly there was.

edit on 5-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join