It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University’s ‘Whiteness Forum’ takes ‘critical look at whiteness’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Students at Cal State San Marcos on Thursday hosted a “Whiteness Forum” as part of a communications class they are enrolled in, setting up more than a dozen displays that highlighted what they contend is how white privilege has oppressed people of color in a variety of ways.

During the two-hour event, students who created the displays talked to guests about their projects, explaining their studies and quizzing passersby on facts and figures relating to race. One group had guests spin the “Wheel of Whiteness.” Another passed out “gentrification is the new colonialism” stickers.

The syllabus for the class states the course seeks to examine “whiteness as a historical, social, political and ideological ‘invention’ with a long trajectory within the United States and in the world.” The syllabus defines whiteness “as a system of power based on racist ideology maintained discursively, institutionally, and materially.”

University’s ‘Whiteness Forum’ takes ‘critical look at whiteness’

Ok..wow...where do we start??

First off are they still doing the #Calexit?
Because if so I'd be willing to send California money to leave my beautiful country…
It's like Civil War medicine, saw off the rotten leg so it doesn't infect the rest of the body...

So where was I..?? Oh yeah, whiteness… LOL
Jesus liberals....really??
Imperialism is bad now too?? Really..LOL

I feel like liberals have become illiterate and completely ignorant of history with this obsurdity...

Imperialism saw American exceptionalism exported throughout the world…
It saw the greatest governing system ever instituted infect the world like a virus...
A virus of republicanism which would see the nepotistic old worlds converted to meritocracies...
And that's to say nothing of the Stone Age cultures we elevated to the standards of the High West..

You have to understand the current progressive agenda is to use their thought police and redefine words to make them change in meaning…
For instance, in this case "whiteness" is used in place of "Western"...

Let me put it another way, while America was splitting the atom much of the world was barely smelting iron(let alone mass producing steel through the Bessemer process)

One only need to look to Idi Amin's rule to see the difference between Imperial dominion and local societies without the oversight of a high West civilization...

So while countries throughout the Middle East and Southeast Asia govern at the behest of a magic god in the sky we bring in the light of science and high-mindedness to their backwards religious zealotry…

I wish I could take these liberal idiots and plant them in an Islamo-fascist society and see how long their contempt for Western imperialism lasts…

Again, let's hope California exits our great union and we cut free from that albatross which serves as a vortex for our tax money and the last bastion of liberalism in our electoral college…

-Chris
edit on 5-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I bet if they had set up a wheel of blackness there would be race riots over it by now.

I vote that this nonsense should stop, I've seen more racist bollocks in the last four years than in my entire life time before then, and now we've got people who think being white is a bad thing.
It's not like you choose your race, people...

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Those kids are going to need somebody to blame when they can't get jobs with degrees in philosophy and gender studies.
Any guesses who that will be? Whites....

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So now been white and debating whiteness is a school class?

It sounds to me like promoting racial instigation and encouraging persecution of light skin people.

Hell very soon white people will have to start tanning their skin brown to look more acceptable.

What a joke

Been white skinned is a sin.

edit on 5-12-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Those kids are going to need somebody to blame when they can't get jobs with degrees in philosophy and gender studies.
Any guesses who that will be? Whites....

I read an interesting article this weekend regarding loans for college from private banks..

Essentially let the free market determine whose major is "worthy" of a loan...

Which means in basic terms, more engineers/scientists/businessmen and people with actual skills rather than a whole generation of art history majors and masters in fine arts...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
so let me get this straight......ONE 2-hour event with 12 displays for ONE day, in ONE class, of ONE course, in ONE state college (not university as OP says) is A VIRUS!!....a PROGRESSIVE AGENDA!!....from ILLITERATE LIBERALS!!!....from PEOPLE IGNORANT OF HISTORY!!!!.....(shakes head)...and then people wonder why liberals dismiss people like you.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

This is what happens when you go full retard.

Everyone knows you never go full retard.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Liberals dismiss people like me because I'm a Texan conservative...

Once u hear that, u already have me figured out (according to ur liberal prejudice)
And automatically assume me to be a pro-life, anti-gay, **** Christian zealot with little education...

What did I miss?

****edit: racist, misogynistic

-Chris
edit on 5-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

-Chris

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cmon, I thought they'd run out of new material by now... but Racist Fair's?!? At least there's no question about whether or not everyone got a participation trophy for their Racist Fair Projects.
edit on 5-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
so let me get this straight......ONE 2-hour event with 12 displays for ONE day, in ONE class, of ONE course, in ONE state college (not university as OP says) is A VIRUS!!....a PROGRESSIVE AGENDA!!....from ILLITERATE LIBERALS!!!....from PEOPLE IGNORANT OF HISTORY!!!!.....(shakes head)...and then people wonder why liberals dismiss people like you.

Can you imagine if that 1 small 2 hour event had of been based on any other racial group and was negative the type of # storm we would have?

You get Black history month, Mexican pride parades and to make things even we now have the Whiteness forum.

So your saying anyone who sees an anti white agenda is basically an idiot and should be dismissed.
Can you name 1 time that you have heard white used in a positive tone when referring to race?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No, this class is a symptom of the larger disease.

The "class" itself is utter nonsense.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Once u hear that, u already have me figured out (according to ur liberal prejudice)
And automatically assume me to be a pro-life, anti-gay, **** Christian zealot with little education...

What did I miss?

-Chris
I get what you are saying.

I'm a liberal. But as a white blonde male in very liberal circles, I often wonder if it's the best environment for me, as more and more liberal employers and colleagues think it's okay to judge me negatively based on my appearance. I see it at my liberal job all of the time.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And automatically assume me to be a pro-life, anti-gay Christian zealot with little education...

What did I miss?

-Chris

what did you miss?....context.....it would be like me saying that the white guy that shot up that church and killed 8 black people represent the conservatives, the Christian white agenda, and the hidden white racists majority in the republican party.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

No, this class is a symptom of the larger disease.

The "class" itself is utter nonsense.

there is no disease.....your use of these constant hyperbolic phrases and words, have no value in critical-thinking or logical reasoning, but it does give you those "pats-on-the-back" here on ATS from the "righties", that you so covet.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
lol

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This crap is on the downswing, out the door with Obama and the rest of his so called "progress".

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And automatically assume me to be a pro-life, anti-gay Christian zealot with little education...

What did I miss?

-Chris

what did you miss?....context.....it would be like me saying that the white guy that shot up that church and killed 8 black people represent the conservatives, the Christian white agenda, and the hidden white racists majority in the republican party.

Let me quote this again. Anybody want to tell us that that White guy isn't a representation of all conservatives, yet when somewhere on the planet when some liberal does something stupid it's representative of all liberals?

If you're older than 13 and everything is still viewed in black or white with no middle, you've gone wrong somewhere.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What did I miss?

-Chris

He murdered Christians while at church...tell me again why he would be classified as a Christian extremist...

And explain with small words..remember I'm a conservative so my brain is small and education non-existent...

-Christosterone

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

What did I miss?

-Chris
I get what you are saying.

I'm a liberal. But as a white blonde male in very liberal circles, I often wonder if it's the best environment for me, as more and more liberal employers and colleagues think it's okay to judge me negatively based on my appearance. I see it at my liberal job all of the time.

If memory serves u are the great white god of
Aztec prophecy...well, according to ur username

That should count for something...

-Chris

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join