It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions’ Coming War on Legal Marijuana

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The point is, that Sessions has no respect for individual liberties. If you dont live his prescribed life style, you have no representation under him.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The point is, that Sessions has no respect for individual liberties. If you dont live his prescribed life style, you have no representation under him.

You don't have it anyway as he's going to be AG, or does the AG represent people now..

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Comments on both sides of this argument are idiotic. I can't believe people are arguing over if something legal is going tonbe illegal while being illegal and still legal. It's like a Dr. Seuss storybook in here.

People are going to still smoke even if it's illegal they have for a hundred years. If they outlaw dispensaries they will still grow legally at their home. In places like California where weed is both decriminalized and legal the only way to get in any trouble is if you smoke it in a federal park or next to a federal officer. Even then i doubt they will even take the trouble to arrest you.

For the dispensaries... if you're stupid enough to try to cash in right now before the smoke settles don't cry to anyone when you get shut out. Right now it's going to be a gamble with there being no way to effectively bank your money.

I've been growing and smoking under the Medical marijuana laws for years here in California. Never have I once gave a damn if it was legal or illegal.

This is just a whole lot of whining about nothing.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LSU0408

So let's build a list of substances that you want banned:
Cannabis
Sugar
Caffeine
Alcohol
Tobacco

Add sleeping pills and Benadryl to his list.....

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

It will impact the thousands of people who now earn a living (legally) in the business.

No it won't. They'll make more money selling it illegally. Just like prostitutes make money illegally.

What makes you think "they" who now work in a legitimate field will all be willing to break the law?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It will impact the thousands of people who now earn a living (legally) in the business.

No it won't. They'll make more money selling it illegally. Just like prostitutes make money illegally.

What makes you think "they" who now work in a legitimate field will all be willing to break the law?

Who knows. Why is it still being sold illegally in Colorado at all?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The AG is part of the federal justice system, so he is supposed to represent the government that is supposed to represent us. You dont get it. He is supposed to operate within the confines of the Constitution. So far, I don't see that he has any intentions to respect those boundaries.

Why are you sticking up for this loser?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Well, there are always people willing to break the law. There are those who sell opiates (pills) illegally. Not to say that all pharmacists would also be willing to earn money illegally, correct?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yup! Like many on here know, legalization of pot has nothing to do with health concerns. Its mainly big pharma. There are also deeper conspiracies, such as pot helping to make humanity more calm and aware beings. Therefor less robotic-like consumer-driven existances. Alcohol is fun, but there is really nothing positive to learn from it. Its just a fun time with possible bad consequences. Pot , on the other hand, can go much further than just a "good time".

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The AG is part of the federal justice system, so he is supposed to represent the government that is supposed to represent us. You dont get it. He is supposed to operate within the confines of the Constitution. So far, I don't see that he has any intentions to respect those boundaries.

Why are you sticking up for this loser?

Well no, he's supposed to represent the law. At best he would represent the Trump (who states it's a state matter) administration in the capacity of the law.

Because I support his stance on Illegal Immigration.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the State Rights can stop any plans he has. It may help if people wrote their Reps, Congress, etc., on this, for what it's worth.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Current law dictates that MJ is illegal at the Fed level, which trumps the State level. The Fed can ruin the whole game whenever they feel like it.
No, state law is not trumped by federal law. State law enforcement enforces all state laws. Federal law enforcement enforce all federal laws. However, county sheriffs do trump the police authority of state police and federal enforcers. So, if anything, you have it backwards. Government MUST be bottom-up to be legit, not top-down as you imply.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You're opinion of cannabis is completely ignorant.

You are regurgitating reefer madness era propaganda.

It is disturbing.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I would use my imagination and say sugar is much more dangerous a substance to injest than mj ever could be. Sugar can actually kill certain people in large doses.
Smoke a large enough spliff and you might just get a little sleepy. By the crazy rants of some other people here, a few tokes would go a long way to help them see reality. Right or wrong?

I agree. Sugar causes diabetes. That alone makes it worse for you than mj.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

This I agree with. If Sessions DOES try something here, he is most likely looking at a HUGE fight on his hands.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So let's build a list of substances that you want banned:
Cannabis
Sugar
Caffeine
Alcohol
Tobacco

Good God man, be for frickin real.

That IS for real according to your standards. You weren't aware some of those substances are narcotics were you? Just because their respective lobbies made sure that wasn't the case doesn't make it true.

My standards are no to any illegal substances that aren't prescribed to you, or anything that impairs you. Sugar won't impair you unless you have diabetes, and those people avoid it already. Tobacco doesn't impair you to the point that you can't operate machinery or drive, nor does the other stuff you mentioned.

Dude. Define "impair". Do you know what its even like to drive high on marijuana? Without going into too much details it is nowhere NEAR the same as driving drunk. They've actually done studies on this and found that stoned drivers tend to drive slower and more carefully since they KNOW they are impaired while drunk drivers are more reckless because they pretend they aren't drunk.

Also let's talk about coc aine. By all accounts coc aine makes it EASIER to drive since it increases a person's focus (and is also why many people look the other way while most of the nation's trucks take tons of uppers). You are completely inconsistent and aren't looking at this situation thoroughly enough. Not all mentally impairing drugs impair you the same way.

Finally, saying a drug should be illegal because you don't want them to drive on it is a terrible argument. Impaired driving is ALREADY a crime. That's like saying you don't want to legalize drugs because you don't want a crackhead stealing your tv to buy drugs. Well stealing is already illegal so that argument is irrelevant.
edit on 6-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Who knows. Why is it still being sold illegally in Colorado at all?

Out of staters.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I have plenty of experience in this category and never had a problem riding high. Though some people struggle to drive sober so they can't comprehend it.
edit on 6-12-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant

The "I'm scared of people driving while high" argument always fails to take into account that many people get prescribed opiates out their ass and drive on them all the time.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Let us not forget how many people text while driving too.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join