It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions’ Coming War on Legal Marijuana

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Assassin82

". . .safer and healthier than alcohol. . ."

Yet still unsafe and unhealthy. This is like pouring salt on a turd because you think a salted turd will taste better than a turd with no salt.

I'm here to type You... "Yes" a salty stool tastes a whole lot better and pepper if You have it... And at The Scat Club We call it 'saline infused' for the newbies looking after their salt/caloric intake...

Bon Appetit

Thanks for the advice

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LSU0408

So let's build a list of substances that you want banned:
Cannabis
Sugar
Caffeine
Alcohol
Tobacco

Good God man, be for frickin real.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Cannabis
Sugar
Caffeine
Alcohol
Tobacco

That IS for real according to your standards. You weren't aware some of those substances are narcotics were you? Just because their respective lobbies made sure that wasn't the case doesn't make it true.
edit on 5-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I would use my imagination and say sugar is much more dangerous a substance to injest than mj ever could be. Sugar can actually kill certain people in large doses.
Smoke a large enough spliff and you might just get a little sleepy. By the crazy rants of some other people here, a few tokes would go a long way to help them see reality. Right or wrong?
edit on 5-12-2016 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Anything that impairs you should be illegal, or unavailable a your local stores. I don't discriminate. If it's needed for prescription, I'm down with that. Recreational, negative. Just so we're clear, this is simply my opinion. I don't look down on anyone who smokes weed and I don't think any differently about them. I don't think making access to weed easier is a good thing. It's bad enough we have alcoholics driving on our roads, I hate to add another impaired group of drivers in there.

Respectfully, I disagree with legalizing it.

Spinning around real fast in a circle impairs a person more than cannabis, maybe that should be illegal?

Say I go to church and come out so filled with the spirit I can't drive straight, should we close down churches? Stop selling bibles at Walmart?

How about we leave it up to adults to do with their bodies and minds as they please, as long as its not harmful to anyone else? There's this freedom thing I hear people talk about all the time..

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Cannabis
Sugar
Caffeine
Alcohol
Tobacco

When you look at the diabetes epidemic happening across the country he's does make a fair point, sugar and alcohol are far worse then MJ.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

One small example, dealer is out of product and it's not available in 7-11/Circle K/WaWa for purchase.

Also, you can get arrested for having it on your persons. I do believe many arrests in the US are marijuana related.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Anything that impairs you should be illegal, or unavailable a your local stores. I don't discriminate. If it's needed for prescription, I'm down with that. Recreational, negative. Just so we're clear, this is simply my opinion. I don't look down on anyone who smokes weed and I don't think any differently about them. I don't think making access to weed easier is a good thing. It's bad enough we have alcoholics driving on our roads, I hate to add another impaired group of drivers in there.

While someone can argue with you here...there is no reason to. A politely stated opinion seems good enough for me to agree to disagree.

Thank you. I truly appreciate that. I have no dog in this fight, I'm only offering my opinion.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Cannabis
Sugar
Caffeine
Alcohol
Tobacco

That IS for real according to your standards. You weren't aware some of those substances are narcotics were you? Just because their respective lobbies made sure that wasn't the case doesn't make it true.

My standards are no to any illegal substances that aren't prescribed to you, or anything that impairs you. Sugar won't impair you unless you have diabetes, and those people avoid it already. Tobacco doesn't impair you to the point that you can't operate machinery or drive, nor does the other stuff you mentioned.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, it IS illegal. As AG is it his job to enforce the laws, not interpret them as holder and that fat black lady do.

If we want it legalized it will have to be changed at the Federal level.

In the immortal words of that tyrant, "the States don't have a right to do wrong".

With that said, weed should be legal.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Spinning around real fast in a circle impairs a person more than cannabis, maybe that should be illegal?

Say I go to church and come out so filled with the spirit I can't drive straight, should we close down churches? Stop selling bibles at Walmart?

How about we leave it up to adults to do with their bodies and minds as they please, as long as its not harmful to anyone else? There's this freedom thing I hear people talk about all the time..

Whatever makes you happy. I'm not telling you not to do it, are y'all trying to start an argument with someone who doesn't see things your way or what? My OPINION is that anything that impairs your skills should be illegal. People don't spin in circles on rooftops because it throws your equilibrium off balance and you could fall and kill yourself. I have a new family and already risk getting whacked by an irresponsible drunk driver, I don't think we should have to add to that risk with irresponsible weed smokers who are high, too, and that's all you're doing with legalizing weed.

I see your point, I have no problem with your opinion, I have a different opinion for my own reasons. Neither of us will ever make a difference in this so whatever happens will happen and we'll have to suck it up regardless of whose way it goes.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Look, at the end of the day, the Attorney General has to enforce the law. Marijuana is against the law. We can't have a country without laws. If we want to have a country, we need to enforce the laws.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Whatever makes you happy. I'm not telling you not to do it, are y'all trying to start an argument with someone who doesn't see things your way or what? My OPINION is that anything that impairs your skills should be illegal. People don't spin in circles on rooftops because it throws your equilibrium off balance and you could fall and kill yourself. I have a new family and already risk getting whacked by an irresponsible drunk driver, I don't think we should have to add to that risk with irresponsible weed smokers who are high, too, and that's all you're doing with legalizing weed.

I see your point, I have no problem with your opinion, I have a different opinion for my own reasons. Neither of us will ever make a difference in this so whatever happens will happen and we'll have to suck it up regardless of whose way it goes.

If you don't argue and discuss to give people a chance to change your mind, why discuss?
edit on 5-12-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Have you ever smoked marijuana?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So you don't want to agrue about the fact that you want to continue trampling the Constitutional rights of others?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
Look, at the end of the day, the Attorney General has to enforce the law. Marijuana is against the law. We can't have a country without laws. If we want to have a country, we need to enforce the laws.

Close. The real problem is that we need better laws and in many cases less laws. North Korea has lot's of laws, more than we do, and they punish them more efficiently than we do, but nobody would say that North Korea is a better country than ours. The leading thing, should always be freedom. More freedom is always better.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
While I understand your concerns, Sessions would be an epic moron to try and throw federal weight around and try and close the potshops. First off, they will receive no help from state and local authorities, and they will end up with a new war on the homefront if they try.

Another administration tried this, and FAILED. The Clinton administration and that fascist cow Janet Reno. When California was the first and only state to legalize medical marijuana back in 96, Reno spent the next few years sending the feds in to do raids on dispensaries, trying to shut them down and arresting the owners and customers. However, local law enforcement either refused to cooperate at all, and it became a slow losing battle for the feds as more and more states started legalizing medical marijuana.

Now, in 2016, the entire west coast and two western states have legalized recreational marijuana. Plus a couple back east, and at least half the country legalized medicinal use. If Sessions actually tried this, it would be a HUGE mistake. The court battles, agency in-fighting, confusion, and state vs fed political, social, and legal battles will ruin him and the DOJ. The western states have a long history of non-compliance and ignoring the feds on a lot of things.

I mean, the feds can threaten to withhold federal money, but most of the states that legalized it are also amongst the less dependent of federal money anyway. And with the tax revenue from weed, well....good luck.

Somehow, I think the DOJ is going to be too tangled in a number of other issues that it will have no time to enforce it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Cannabis
Sugar
Caffeine
Alcohol
Tobacco

You forgot soda/pop, over the counter drugs, vaping, and while we're at it - let's add in driving, too, because often times people who aren't "under the influence," of anything are involved in fatal wrecks.

Freedom! Freedumb! Fwedumb! For we are dumb!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: RedDragon

Close. The real problem is that we need better laws and in many cases less laws. North Korea has lot's of laws, more than we do, and they punish them more efficiently than we do, but nobody would say that North Korea is a better country than ours. The leading thing, should always be freedom. More freedom is always better.

The state is a horrible example when it comes to ethics/morals... just because it may be "the law," doesn't necessarily mean it should be. Furthermore, people should have the freedom to protest laws that they don't necessarily agree with.

Slavery was legal. Many things that were once legal and/or legal shouldn't that way.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hooray for more fearmongering.

He was not appointed to Ag to go after pot. Trump already said he believed it was up to the states, and Sessions isn't gonna go against that.

But since you know the future, you think you could send the winning lottery numbers my way?
edit on 5-12-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join