It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions’ Coming War on Legal Marijuana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Most grows are indoors do to the changes of climates. Least in my area, still it's pretty messed up but also, weed grows outdoors tastes bad if not in the right climate. Not to mention the difference in visual appearance compared to indoor buds to outdoor, you can control much more variables and thus can create better buds.

I'm sure the farmers sold it still, the federal gov isn't easy to sue to recoup those costs. Doesn't make it right but more out in the open this whole thing is, the less likely these issues go unnoticed.

Starred my furry friend!

That's what I don't understand, Weed is very minor, it isn't going to change someone's moral compass or kill them. But spice will and is basically someones idea of making money off weed being illegal. But if weed was legal we wouldn't have spice being an issue, because spice wouldn't be remotely as popular as it is if people could get a hold of legal weed.

edit on 5-12-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

link   
Sessions has no business being in any kind of government position. Why is it the dems and reps just take turns trying to take away different rights?

It will be amusing when republicans suddenly dont want states rights and democrats suddenly do.

Also, mj is not much a partisan issue when it comes to the public. If Trump wants to lose his election for sure in 4 years, the quickest way to do that is go after mj.
edit on 5-12-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Assassin82

". . .safer and healthier than alcohol. . ."

Yet still unsafe and unhealthy. This is like pouring salt on a turd because you think a salted turd will taste better than a turd with no salt.

I'm here to type You... "Yes" a salty stool tastes a whole lot better and pepper if You have it... And at The Scat Club We call it 'saline infused' for the newbies looking after their salt/caloric intake...

Bon Appetit

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Do you even understand what it takes to set up and run one of these places?

Yup, it's called money and approval for a permit, Arizona has about 150 mmj dispensaries and growing, competition has been great especially the cheaper prices.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Just like any business, it takes a BIT more than just money and a permit. Throw in the advanced math they have to do to file their taxes (in cash) and do their banking and you are looking at one of the harder to run businesses in the country. Just because you are seeing a bunch of them doesn't mean it is easy.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Trust me it's not that hard once approved.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Are you running a dispensary?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: underwerks

Do you even understand what it takes to set up and run one of these places?

Yup, it's called money and approval for a permit, Arizona has about 150 mmj dispensaries and growing, competition has been great especially the cheaper prices.

Nope. See how far just paying for a permit gets you. You have the logistics of dealing with producers and extractors, growers, culinary companies that exclusively produce edibles and you also have to have a squad of lawyers on retainer just in case.

All this takes support, and information technology is one of the fastest growing fields in the cannabis industry. Not a lot of uneducated stoners working in the cannabis industry. No more than any other, at least.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are you running a dispensary?

No comment.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hope for the best, expect the worst--I get it.

I'm not trying to talk you out of your concern--I prefer that it were legalized, too, and don't see that happening any time soon--I'm just looking at it from a different approach.

To each their own.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Its Mexican growers.

And if you want my opinion: i'd bet my next paycheck that if you traced out where the spraying went, you'd find that its just a case of the US doing its thing to support one group/cartel over another. I doubt they were just spraying indiscriminately.

For awhile, we just gave the agent orange directly to mexican officials. Lord knows what happened to that stuff, but im sure it was leveraged by the people within government to help their friends and hurt their enemies.

Caught in the middle: teenagers buying the cheap stuff along the borders throughout the late 70's through the early 90's. I wonder if any of that is included in lung cancer numbers? I'd bet the tobacco industry, who isn't clean itself, took it in the hip for the US Governments agent orange spraying operations. Who knows.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Anything that impairs you should be illegal, or unavailable a your local stores. I don't discriminate. If it's needed for prescription, I'm down with that. Recreational, negative. Just so we're clear, this is simply my opinion. I don't look down on anyone who smokes weed and I don't think any differently about them. I don't think making access to weed easier is a good thing. It's bad enough we have alcoholics driving on our roads, I hate to add another impaired group of drivers in there.

Respectfully, I disagree with legalizing it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

So let's build a list of substances that you want banned:
Cannabis
Sugar
Caffeine
Alcohol
Tobacco

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Anything that impairs you should be illegal, or unavailable a your local stores. I don't discriminate. If it's needed for prescription, I'm down with that. Recreational, negative. Just so we're clear, this is simply my opinion. I don't look down on anyone who smokes weed and I don't think any differently about them. I don't think making access to weed easier is a good thing. It's bad enough we have alcoholics driving on our roads, I hate to add another impaired group of drivers in there.

Respectfully, I disagree with legalizing it.

While someone can argue with you here...there is no reason to. A politely stated opinion seems good enough for me to agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

Oh yes I know..www.gunsamerica.com... blog%2Fcheck-80-percent-deep-concealment-glock%2F

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Hyperbole aside, do you REALLY think that is a good thing? Sure I or other stoners could get away with it, but what about the people who have started businesses in the legal market? They have already dedicated their names and reputations to these ventures. They can't go hide in the woodwork again once the hammer falls. Or do you not care about them?

Why can't they get an education, if they don't have one, and a real job? One that doesn't involve selling illegal drugs. The first marijuana store opened nearly 3 years ago. It's not like it's too late to shut this down.

You make it sound like selling marijuana is some public decency problem.

Would you be willing to agree that all issues from here on should be left up to each state?

I'm actually curious to see if the Trump administration will even holdup States' rights grievances here since this is more of a liberal political position despite it crossing partisan lines.

The issue is split half and half between R's and D's... Half of my compadres favor legalization, half of my political opponents are against it. At least from what I've noticed on three separate forums.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

originally posted by: knoxie
I live in Colorado and very much appreciate being able to purchase legally. if trump or sessions hurt this wonderful new freedom in any way, i'll be protesting. bigly.

bringing jobs back... yeah right. we can't go backwards.

Imagine that... The go-to alternative for snowflakes that don't get their way.

Imagine that.....the go-to (calling someone snowflake) for the uneducated that can't think for themselves.

Lol...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Hyperbole aside, do you REALLY think that is a good thing? Sure I or other stoners could get away with it, but what about the people who have started businesses in the legal market? They have already dedicated their names and reputations to these ventures. They can't go hide in the woodwork again once the hammer falls. Or do you not care about them?

Why can't they get an education, if they don't have one, and a real job? One that doesn't involve selling illegal drugs. The first marijuana store opened nearly 3 years ago. It's not like it's too late to shut this down.

You make it sound like selling marijuana is some public decency problem.

Would you be willing to agree that all issues from here on should be left up to each state?

I'm actually curious to see if the Trump administration will even holdup States' rights grievances here since this is more of a liberal political position despite it crossing partisan lines.

The issue is split half and half between R's and D's... Half of my compadres favor legalization, half of my political opponents are against it. At least from what I've noticed on three separate forums.

Actually, according to data liberals are overwhelming in favor of it and conservatives are about 50/50 depending on their mindset and who was polled at the time. The fix is in, well over half the country is in favor of cannabis reform, your personal anecdotes notwithstanding.

This data was collected in October:
Support for marijuana legalization continues to rise
It puts support for legalization at 57%. It also breaks down age groups. All age groups except the Silent generation have exceeded 50% support for it. The only thing is that it puts Republican support at 41%. Not over 50%, but it is still close.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

1st off, you quote all of that an only had a half of sentence to add? Why even bother?

And I believe you misunderstood the whole question.

Because if you legalize something that already more than 50% of the population already does, you kinda won't have anything new happen... Cept that they would be getting much more legit and better quality product that is safer.

Yeah safer, imagine that, kinda like how when we had prohibition we had people buying product that was killing them due to the unregulated nature of it, you know that time when Alcohol was ILLEGAL but people did it anyways and mafia was involved and it got so bad they decided to legalize it...

Funny how Alcohol was basically bullied into legalization but weed is being GASP step by step lawfully changed?

But far be it from me to stop this Anti-Weed population of readers and contributors. Wouldn't want to step on your freedoms like the government has stepped on mine to put a plant that grows out of the ground into my body. I can see how others would be upset because it's somehow their body too?

Easier access means more people will start doing it. Prohibition ended 83 years ago. A lot has changed since then, including adding 220,000,000 more people to our population. With easier access, there are tons of people who won't do it right now, but will once it's legal. There's no need to get flustered over the "anti-weed" crowd. I'm not for any illegal drugs.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

or

What on earth makes you think the people owning and running cannabis stores don't have an education? Do you even understand what it takes to set up and run one of these places?

When I hear you talk about your "ideas" on this subject I picture you imagining some skeevy hole in the wall shop with a bunch of crackheads working the counter.

I picture a store much like the vapor stores I frequent, actually. Not sure if you misread my post or not, but:

Why can't they get an education, if they don't have one,

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join