It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions’ Coming War on Legal Marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But there is a history:
Trump MIGHT be set on dismantling the War On Drugs....

Key word: Might. Crazy not knowing a presidents position on things even after he's been elected, huh? I'm trying to stay positive here, but Trump doesn't seem like he'll be that hands on when it comes to things like this. I see him letting the people he appoints do their job the way they see fit.

As someone who works in the legal cannabis industry, I hope I'm wrong about everything. The talk around the water-cooler (so to speak) isn't optimistic.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You know what? They should make coffee illegal. Heck, all vitamins and herbs should be illegal! That's what the 2030 agenda (2020 agenda) wanted to do...

Good luck trying to take medicine from sick people. They are going to use what helps them, whether it is legal or not. I am 100% in support of Trump.....so far. If they attack people that are sick there is not much of a lower low to go to. With this time will tell. I would like to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Did you read the history I pulled into the analysis, or did you just kneejerk to the title there?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Will Trump be smart and embrace the industry, or will he embrace his private prison leanings..scary thought my brothers.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: underwerks

Did you read the history I pulled into the analysis, or did you just kneejerk to the title there?

I've read the thread. I see no reason Trump would buck the party line on something like marijuana. If he did that he'd be alienating a lot of republican support he needs to do other things.

Which is why I think he'll leave it up to Sessions, so, whatever happens, good or bad, it'll be on Sessions and not him. Trumps words in the past are just that, words. He's a human windsock.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe you're right, IDK. I don't understand why those private prisons, that are run for profit, can't be converted to federally run prisons that don't need to show a profit, keeping those employees in place. Isn't it all the same tax dollars?

I have ruined more than a few relationships over the prison deal. I just have a hard time understanding how someone can work in an industry that is there solely to steal years from peoples lives for committing a crime that has no victim. To me, they are jackboots that I can barely muster a polite attitude for.

No one should profit from putting people in prison. Its an atrocity.

That said...it's gonna be a rough ride here locally. Our best bet is to hope that the coming oil boom catalyzes diversification in our local economy. Fredericksburg, TX is a good template for how a small community can create a self driven diversity: you just have to figure out how to make your community a destination.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm glad Trump was elected and that he is putting people like this in positions, because it's going to cause such a wild and crazy situation that people can't bury their heads anymore and will rise up.

This is maybe one of the best things that could of ever happened.

This will either be the deathnail or it will be the eye opening event we have all been hoping for.

-----

On a side note, it would be very irresponsible of sessions to not push along the weed legalization in Trumps office due to the amount of jobs and tax revenue it has potential for.

If we asked for jobs and a better economy and someone doesn't allow for that to happen, I'd hate to be them...
edit on 5-12-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: to highlight how stupid our governmental staff can be

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I live in Colorado and very much appreciate being able to purchase legally. if trump or sessions hurt this wonderful new freedom in any way, i'll be protesting. bigly.

bringing jobs back... yeah right. we can't go backwards.

KrasyshOt, love your new avatar.

saw greensky this weekend in Denver.

edit on 5-12-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

You won't be the only one, if sessions does anything harmful to the progess already achieved, it will be the end of his career and anyone in his family for a while in politics. Not to mention will seriously push forward the legalization of weed by the people of America who want freedom and progress to ring!

We'll make this presidency work for us or we'll send trump and his flock to pasture in the retired and impeached section.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You can't have a nation without laws. Marijuana is against federal law. Federal law is the law of the land. Dope peddlers and druggies need to be prosecuted and put in jail or we don't have a country.

If you don't like it, change the law. But don't ask people in charge of law enforcement to ignore the law. How would you feel if states started ignoring things like the Civil Rights Act? Terrible.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

If it was Dope, I'd understand this thought.

However it helps me eat, not feel a constant pain when I eat and digest my food. To me that sounds an awful lot like a medicine.

Especially when anti-nausea meds they give to cancer patients didn't work and I started to lose 40% of my body mass.

We make medicine from plants and why this plant has been illegal and treated worse than Booze which has killed more and ruined more lives than guns have is only a measure to how uneducated and unwilling people are to look past their own nose and minds and see reality in front of them.

It's there, you can convince yourself it isn't but reality will sooner or later kick the arse of those who remain blind.

----

Not to mention, our country can benefit from the legalization of weed via the jobs, revenue and taxes it will bring in. Please tell me what will happen if a nation that has over 50% of its population that smokes or uses the illegal weed suddenly had that weed legalized?

edit on 5-12-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
You can't have a nation without laws. Marijuana is against federal law. Federal law is the law of the land. Dope peddlers and druggies need to be prosecuted and put in jail or we don't have a country.

If you don't like it, change the law. But don't ask people in charge of law enforcement to ignore the law. How would you feel if states started ignoring things like the Civil Rights Act? Terrible.

The war on drugs is a direct attack on the Bill of Rights, and states rights. The Fed is stepping way out of line and should be brought to justice for it. I suggest you re-education yourself on America's founding principles.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

When they signed up for medical ,THEY are now trackable,as smokers.
There is a GUN issue in play .

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

But guess what, if you can't buy a gun, if you really want one, you CAN MAKE a gun, no MATTER what for yourself.

Does an individual need a license to make a firearm for personal use? No, a license is not required to make a firearm solely for personal use. However, a license is required to manufacture firearms for sale or distribution. The law prohibits a person from assembling a non–sporting semiautomatic rifle or shotgun from 10 or more imported parts, as well as firearms that cannot be detected by metal detectors or x–ray machines. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and advance approval by ATF. [18 U.S.C. 922(o), (p) and (r); 26 U.S.C. 5822; 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

ATF

Let them add people to the weed registry, isn't going to stop them from 3-D printing or CnCing a piece themselves, hell you can make a gun out of many things, PVC piping, metal, wood, plastic, ceramics, your imagination is the only thing stopping you from making weapons.

Don't let this country scare you into thinking you can never protect yourself or country.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

How about the cannabinoids that have no psychoactive effects on the user that people such as my girlfriend who is diagnosed with PCOS use to control bleeding and cramping?

Again and in layman terms it's not marijuana nor is it cannabis as a matter of fact it's contrived of two specific cannabinoids that are used as anti-inflammatory medicines - and again, they have no psychoactive reactions so there's no "high."

So because my girlfriend would rather take these twice a week as opposed to taking prescription narcotics three times a day makes her a "dope peddler," and a "druggie?"

I wonder - do you feel the same way about alcoholics and those who (pun intended) piss their lives away for another bottle?

The ignorance that this nation has towards cannabis is maddening. The Reefer Madness propoganda clearly worked. People have no quarrel with the epidemic(s) of prescription narcotic abuse nor alcohol abuse - but when it comes to cannabis, including cannabinoids that have no psychoactive effects - you can't do that.

Don't like it? Many, many Americans don't like the laws and the corresponding state laws have changed in accordance with this.

However, many other Americans are currently on a power trip in which they believe they are in the position to tell free American citizens what they can and can't do with their bodies, in their home, with their resources, on their time, whilst harming absolutely no one.

This isn't freedom. This is totalitarianism and it's a shame of how many people abide by it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah the whole Federal gun ban in all '50 for using MMJ? That seems to be a direct violation of the 2nd Amendment rights, which should be looked at.

Regardless of what anyone says, the plant has medical benefits. Many of them haven't been discovered "officially". The gov't IS allowomg big-pharma to make psychotropic drugs, and distribute them. There has been debate over the effectiveness AND safety of "legal" prescription psychotropic drugs over the years. There are over 95 types of big-pharma psychotropic prescriptions these days.

I think it should be like Alaska. Everyone is allowed to grow up to 2 plants for PERSONAL use. Otherwise, it is illegal to sell and or distribute. That leaves it in the hands of the person who needs the medicine, instead of M0NSANT0 and the ever-growing corporate control.

If they do decide to legalize it in all '50, then there should be a policy like the above, and corporate as well as independent legal farms should be properly balanced, to allow people an open-source way to make America Great Again.

In the past, President Trump has said that he doesn't think that marijuana should be illegal. I think he could pass an executive order to legalize it in all '50. The industry that would be created would probably be bigger than the current leading agricultural markets that are out there.

One thing I have noticed about President Trump so far is that he listens to We the People. If enough people contact him with their opinions, it would help influence his decision. I think he can look at Colorado and Washington to see how this has benefited their economy and job industries.

I think the economy it generates between medical and legal industries far outweighsany of the minor rare problems it is blamed on creating - which usually involve alcohol or other drugs that are illegal.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Once Trump gets a whiff of California's profit margins in the coming months, he'll be signing that executive order so fast our lighters will go out for miles around.

Trump is about dollar signs and networking, if you don't think he is going to want to build those massive grow house complexes for the coming legalization and marketing of weed, then many people haven't been paying attention to WHO he REALLY is, a businessman.

Sessions would be an idiot to do anything foolish towards something with so much potential.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
I live in Colorado and very much appreciate being able to purchase legally. if trump or sessions hurt this wonderful new freedom in any way, i'll be protesting. bigly.

bringing jobs back... yeah right. we can't go backwards.

I hope so. I hope it is too large now for them to reverse course. I noticed some of the language Kevin Sabet used stayed away from jailing people. I guess jail time over pot is no longer on the table, even for the prohibitionist. So we'll see. There ARE caveats in this darkness we can look towards for hope.

KrasyshOt, love your new avatar.

saw greensky this weekend in Denver.

GREENSKY!!! One of my favorite modern bluegrass bands right there. Paul, the manadolinist, is unreal. I also enjoy listening to how they use a dobro for percussion/bass back beat instead of a traditional drum and bass.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's downright terrifying, in your opinion, if someone is against illegal drugs? If you're a pot smoker, how did you get away with it for so long?

Smoke the # in your own house, don't get busted driving under the influence, and everything will remain exactly the way it's always been. This whole legalization thing is opening doors that don't need to be opened. Ithaca Mayor Svante Myrick, NYC, wants to open a supervised injection facility for heroin users so they can continue to illegally use heroin without overdosing.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Hyperbole aside, do you REALLY think that is a good thing? Sure I or other stoners could get away with it, but what about the people who have started businesses in the legal market? They have already dedicated their names and reputations to these ventures. They can't go hide in the woodwork again once the hammer falls. Or do you not care about them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join