It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump taps Ben Carson for HUD secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Great pick, I think Mr Carson is a noble and great man. I look forward to his leadership and his guidance that will help President Trump make the best decisions.

Dr. Ben Carson will be nominated as the next secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Trump transition team announced Monday.
"I am thrilled to nominate Dr. Ben Carson as our next Secretary of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development," President-elect Donald Trump said in a statement.

I thought that Carson said he wasn't going to serve in the Trump admin, I must have mis heard that?

Trump praised Carson as a "greatly talented person" in a tweet two weeks ago when he said he was considering Carson for the HUD position.
"I am seriously considering Dr. Ben Carson as the head of HUD. I've gotten to know him well -- he's a greatly talented person who loves people!" Trump tweeted.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Go Ben!!! Woohoo!!!!

That damn racist trump!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Probably a good idea. Bring in a fresh set of eyes and someone with intelligence. He seems like a problem solver. He had some great ideas dealing with the refugees. Find out what people truly want and need. Listen to them first.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Go Ben!!! Woohoo!!!!

That damn racist trump!

Huh?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

think sarcasm...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This appointment makes no sense outside of repaying Carson for his support. He turned down HHS despite the fact that he's a surgeon with decades in medicine. Why? The statement from his business manager, Armstrong Williams:

Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience; he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency.

So what's the thought process here? He wasn't qualified to run a department somewhat aligning with his professional experience but he's qualified to run a different department in an area for which he has zero experience, knowledge or qualifications?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

yea, might as well kill the guy now right?

Lets not find out what he has to offer, hes part of the Trump admin, so must be bad.

(this is how you come across, just so you know)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

yea, might as well kill the guy now right?

Because I said anything remotely like that, right?

Lets not find out what he has to offer, hes part of the Trump admin, so must be bad.

Ben Carson, complete unknown... oh wait, no, he's not. If by his own admission he didn't think he was up to being HHS sec less than a month ago, what changed that he's now up to being HUD sec?

(this is how you come across, just so you know)

Yawn.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Maybe hiring the people that have the experience and credentials that Washington demands has gotten us to the point of financial ruin in this country.

Perhaps change is on order?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

wow, missed the point again. You sure are good at that.
Have a super day and keep up the hate. there is a prize for consistency.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why not somebody who isn't a DC insider but has relevant experience? He has neither the leadership experience nor any knowledge of the housing sector, policy, etc.

Different isn't always good. It would be different to hire a chef to engineer a bridge. Would you want to drive across a bridge engineered by a non-engineer whose only qualifications were being different and making a delicious Beef Wellington?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"keep up the hate"

I make a comment about the decision to appoint Carson to HUD sec and you have a melodramatic meltdown and insult me? It's gonna be a long few years for you if you're going to continue to be this triggered by people questioning the decisions of Dear Leader Donald. Lmao.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This appointment makes no sense outside of repaying Carson for his support. He turned down HHS despite the fact that he's a surgeon with decades in medicine. Why? The statement from his business manager, Armstrong Williams:

Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience; he's never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency.

So what's the thought process here? He wasn't qualified to run a department somewhat aligning with his professional experience but he's qualified to run a different department in an area for which he has zero experience, knowledge or qualifications?

Most of these department heads have little to no real experience relating to the fields they are regulating. This has always been the problem with these bureaucracies.

Here is a list... check out the backgrounds.

HUD Secretaries

We really need some leadership that is not going to just keep doing things status quo.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
HUD's biggest problem is trapping poor urbanites into the system for generations.

Carson lived in public housing himself and went on to become very successful.

He was also a psych major and the problem with multigenerational government dependence is largely psychological.

new topics

top topics

join