It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why it is Not Possible that CO2 is the Cause of Global Warming.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You need to plot 2015 and 2016. It is smack in the middle of the cloud.

And we now know that some of the temperature data from 1998 through now is erroneously low because of calibration problems from transitioning from ships to automatic buoys and aquatic research drones.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: mbkennel

Not remotely possible. Numbers don't work.

The carbon from one year's of emissions is 500 to 1000 years of plant growth from back in the Cretaceous or whatever

Can you show me your numbers as to how you arrived at this?

It was from memory. The number from a scientific source is >400.

pdfs.semanticscholar.org...

The fossil fuels burned in 1997 were created from organic matter containing 44 × 1018 g C, which is >400 times the net primary productivity (NPP) of the planet’s current biota.

Today’s average U.S. Gallon (3.8 L) of gasoline required approximately 90 metric tons of ancient
plant matter as precursor material.

That paper speaks to changing the C02 back into fossil fuels via geological processes. I found it rather pointless and misleading. On the flip side of the coin I could say that 26 pounds of corn makes one gallon of ethanol.

edit on 7-1-2017 by D8Tee because: line spacing

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Ethanol takes a lot of resources to create
I don't like this source very much, though.

How about these instead:
Corn to Ethanol: 2.86 gallons of ethanol per bushel.
Corn/water per acre: 200 bushels/acre, 594,000 gallons of water per acre.

So an acre could produce 572 gallons of ethanol at a cost of 594,000 gallons of water... I suppose. to be fair, it ought to only be about half that due to how photosynthesis works.
edit on 20Sat, 07 Jan 2017 20:56:44 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I'm aware that ethanol takes a lot of resources to create.
I was responding to this balderdash:

To make up from human fossil emissions, you'd need to grow and somehow sequester from decay (no known mechanism today) dozen's of Earths of plants every year.

edit on 7-1-2017 by D8Tee because: added word

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Oh and don't give me the "CO2 increases plant growth" line. That shows how ignorant your botanical knowledge is. Increasing plant growth does occur but the nutrient level is lower. So you might have more apples but you need to eat more of them DUH!!!!

Best you tell all the greenhouse operators that supplement with C02 that they are doing it all wrong.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join