It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any miraculous stories about Muhammad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

When was the last time Moses performed a miracle?

Bad example Moses is connected with some of the most amazing miracles in the whole bible like parting the red sea.

Though I guess you could argue God preformed the miracles and not Moses

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

While it is debatable whether such a thing happened in real life, or it was a dream/vision, God is God in dreams AND real life, and Satan is not supposed to be able to take God's form in either.

What is "gods form?" What does that mean?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well some miracles that Muhammad performed was:
#1: not getting lynched when he desecrated & robbed the pagan shrines that stand where Mecca now rests in Suadi Arabia. There used to be an alter to either Baal (God of Carthage) or a Zoastrian shrine, I can't remember which.
#2: Being remembered as a religious figure even though he was a rapist, thief, pirate, murderer, War mongerer, and last but not least a pedophile.
He married a 9 year old girl.
Then again the christian crusaders raped & pillaged in the name of God as well.
Can someone tell me the verse which call African's shriveled up raison heads who are only fit for slavery?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Well some miracles that Muhammad performed was:
#1: not getting lynched when he desecrated & robbed the pagan shrines that stand where Mecca now rests in Suadi Arabia. There used to be an alter to either Baal (God of Carthage) or a Zoastrian shrine, I can't remember which.
#2: Being remembered as a religious figure even though he was a rapist, thief, pirate, murderer, War mongerer, and last but not least a pedophile.
He married a 9 year old girl.
Then again the christian crusaders raped & pillaged in the name of God as well.
Can someone tell me the verse which call African's shriveled up raison heads who are only fit for slavery?

I don't see the point of your post BattleofBatoche. Are you actually trying to prove a point, or just belittle Islam?
#1: It is not shrines, it is "shrine". I believe you are referring to the Ka'bah, which Muslims believe was built by Abraham as directed by God. The arabs later took it over to house their some 300+ gods (not just Baal). There is nothing miraculous about Muhammad not getting lynched when he had all the idols broken, as he was already in control of Mecca at that time. Since he was in control of Mecca, it would have made no sense for him to have "robbed" anything there, as it belonged to him anyway.
#2: These are all conjectures, and in no way miraculous. How is marrying a 9 year old girl (an accepted custom at the time, considering girls matured much faster in the much hotter open atmosphere) miraculous?
There is no verse about "African shrivelled up heads fit for slavery" in the Quran.

Justanotherperson, what I meant is that Satan cannot appear to someone and say he is God. I suppose I confused it all by referring to a "God's form"

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
girls may mature faster there but 9 years old can't be that mature, nor developed. To think of a 50 year old man doing that to a 9 year old girl... think of your 9 year old daughter if you have one, than think of someone your age doing that to her... and i doubt you are even close to the age of 50... that is just WRONG! But aside from that.... this isn't about that.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Justanotherperson, what I meant is that Satan cannot appear to someone and say he is God. I suppose I confused it all by referring to a "God's form"

Why can't he? If he has supernatural power than I assume that he would be able to make himself appear like god to mere mortals. I would be plenty impressed if he caused lightning to shoot down from the sky.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
girls may mature faster there but 9 years old can't be that mature, nor developed. To think of a 50 year old man doing that to a 9 year old girl... think of your 9 year old daughter if you have one, than think of someone your age doing that to her... and i doubt you are even close to the age of 50... that is just WRONG! But aside from that.... this isn't about that.

A nine year old being wed is not out of the ordinary, look in the bible or talmud, you can find many instances where it was condoned by god even.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson

Why can't he? If he has supernatural power than I assume that he would be able to make himself appear like god to mere mortals. I would be plenty impressed if he caused lightning to shoot down from the sky.

I was addressing a Christian (I think), so I was using Christian beliefs. According to them, Satan cannot appear to someone and pretend to be God.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
mohommad was a merciless conquerer....

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
No because neither the devil nor his servants can perform miracles.
Muslms are being misled. Muhammad was not contacted by God in his vision he was contacted by satan. Islam is a tool of the devil and the billions of muslims are being mislead.
If you are a chrstian pray that our islamic brothers see the truth before it is too late for them to repent.

Not this right-wing free republic crap again!

drfunk

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
mohommad was a merciless conquerer....

Mohammad "conquered" only 1 place in his life- Mecca. And that fell without a drop of blood. I don't see how that makes him a merciless conqueror
I don't see how being a merciless conqueror is a miracle either

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Mohammed had to fight sometimes in order to make islam survive. Conquering area doesnt mean that that is bad. Look what war gave to us. War is horrible but live without it wouldn't be nice as technology wouldnt be as advanced.

Christians more often think islam is from the devil than we do. Actually we believe that satan doesnt disobey god. He is just doing what he is supposed to do. Make it clear for other humans who is good and who is not.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by quango

When was the last time Moses performed a miracle?

Bad example Moses is connected with some of the most amazing miracles in the whole bible like parting the red sea.

Though I guess you could argue God preformed the miracles and not Moses

Nor does he hang around these days healing the sick and all, like Jesus and the Virgin Mary are said to do.

This is a silly thread anyway.

It's just an attempt at the old "my god is bigger than yours/my prophet performs more miracles than yours" argument anyway.

I should be ashamed of even posting in it.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Okay i am a muslim and i will tell u about mohammed.

HE is a normal human. He doesnt preform mericales, god does it to prove to the people that he is sent by god. Now jesus for us is a normal human too who also is a profit from god and he also had his mericales and we blieve in him. If we dont blieve in Jesus we are not considered as muslim believers. It is true that we dont blieve he is crusified, we blieve that he was acended to heavens by god and another person was crusified instead of him as god changed the way he looked.

Mohamed had some mericales such as he split the moon, and he had water rushing from his hands to let his followers drink when they were stranded in the desert. and alot more that i cant remember.

These mericales doesnt mean he was not a human, he is , but god helped him do it. thats all.

Christianity and islam are very similar in alot of stories and facts just very small diffreneces

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Conquering isnt essentially a bad thing. Look at spain and the whole of middle east after conquest. Science trived. Living conditions improved greatly etc etc.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
Why dont you ask a muslim? Im sure some of them could share some stories with you. It's not like the American media would ever run a story about Muhammad changing someones life, the station that ran it would probably be seen as supporters of terrorism, thats how stupid some people are. I've read cases of people who had near death experiences and saw videogame characters! Does that make Mario and Luigi divine? Did Mario and Luigi save their lives?

Mario and Luigi, NDE's? Holy SuperNES!

Actually Alec, I would love to read about that, can you provide the link to the near death video game experience?

Thanks,

-ADHDsux4me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join