It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun-brandishing man sought to investigate conspiracy theory, police say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

A suspect arrested Sunday with an assault rifle at a Washington, DC pizzeria admitted he had come to investigate an online conspiracy theory, Washington's Metropolitan Police Department said Sunday evening in a statement.

Police have identified him as 28-year-old Edgar Maddison Welch of Salisbury, North Carolina.
"During a post arrest interview this evening, the suspect revealed that he came to the establishment to self-investigate 'Pizza Gate' (a fictitious online conspiracy theory)," the police department said in a statement.

Gun-brandishing man sought to investigate conspiracy theory, police say

I haven't been following this Pizzagate thing, but it sounds like it has been branded as "Fake News" by the MSM... what does everyone think about that? Is there evidence to back up any of the accusations, or is it made up? Now that this guy went to investigate the restaurant with a shotgun, the media has ammunition to use against fake news sites, stating that they can cause violence.

I think that fake news should be ousted, but will ATS be labelled a fake news site? Hard to know.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 4-12-2016 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Shotgun? Your article clearly states assault rifle, maybe it was a black shotgun! The idiots in the MSM blame any black gun an assault rifle, which is illegal with all guns in DC. Hence fake news!! Black guns matter!!
edit on 12 043804 1616 by WUNK22 because: Spell

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

edit on 12 043804 1616 by WUNK22 because: Double post

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I think that fake news should be ousted, but will ATS be labelled a fake news site? Hard to know.

Already was branded as such.

Also, updates are going on here about the suspect:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

'Pizza Gate' (a fictitious online conspiracy theory)," the police department said in a statement.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along in a kindly fashion.

edit on 4-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Shotgun? Your article clearly states assault rifle, maybe it was a black shotgun! The idiots in the MSM blame any black gun an assault rifle, which is illegal with all guns in DC. Hence fake news!! Black guns matter!!

A witness reported it being a shotgun, although the article says assault rifle.

link   
la la laaa dum de dum, la lee la yawn. I'm bored today so I think I will mosey down to that pizza place to check out and investigate this conspericy I heard about. I know, I got a great idea. i'll take along a huge shotgun, well, just because. I'll get to the bottom of this myself.

link   
Out of work actor.

Maybe somebody paid him to do this.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Someone has taken their ATS-ing to a whole new level...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It sounds like he had no real thought-out plan and didn't make demands. Seems like potentially a red herring to me

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

It sounds like he had no real thought-out plan and didn't make demands. Seems like potentially a red herring to me

My fictitious theory is that this Pizzagate thing is gaining traction, so what better way to stop it than to throw a gun-wielding whacko into the gears?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The guy didnt kill anyone or even try to hurt them, he shot a few rounds into the ground.
Dont get me wrong the guys nuts but I think he was doing it to try and get some media attention on the whole thing.

Given what we know about pedos and Gov, there have been multiple cases over the years that have been quashed or investigations done half assed or left incomplete, this whole pizzagate thing isnt so far out there.
The amount of circumstantial evidence and the players involved make it plausible at least.

This needs to be looked into if for no other reason than to prove to us all that this is indeed "fake news"

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

edit on 4-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: oops. I corrected myself

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join