It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Key resigns: New Zealand prime minister to quit in a week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

In the recent turmoil over the political world another man declared resignation after 8 years

Key says he would vote for his deputy prime minister, Bill English, if he put his name forward for leader.

John Key, the New Zealand prime minister and leader of the National party, has resigned in a decision that has taken the country by surprise.

Key held a media conference in Wellington at 12.45pm local time, after informing the cabinet of his decision.

His resignation would be effective 12 December, when National MPs will hold a special meeting to select a new leader.[....]
--

Source
edit on 2016124 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Good riddance. Maybe his years of shady deals and insider trading have finally caught up with him.

edit on 4-12-2016 by ZeussusZ because: as pell no good

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

Well, i believe in transparency..

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I believe he is dodgy,a dodgy banker with conflict of interest in a few areas . see ya don'key

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeèeeha . Best news all day. Donkey really screwed us, pity the national party still holds the power.

edit on 4-12-2016 by Cloudbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Hey perhaps this will burst the damned housing market finally
HE went out while his party was popular, which many leaders can not say. Not that I have voted for him or his party.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I know a few people who will be crying into their cornflakes tomorrow. .... Not me thouhh

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

I'd prefer that the economy does not go funky myself
Though Bill English>? That would mean both Labour and National have Charisma free grey men leading (Key was borderline), and you'll have to concentrate to tell which party is speaking
Perhaps good news for the Greens?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

In the recent turmoil over the political world another man declared resignation after 8 years

Key says he would vote for his deputy prime minister, Bill English, if he put his name forward for leader.

John Key, the New Zealand prime minister and leader of the National party, has resigned in a decision that has taken the country by surprise.

Key held a media conference in Wellington at 12.45pm local time, after informing the cabinet of his decision.

His resignation would be effective 12 December, when National MPs will hold a special meeting to select a new leader.[....]
--

Source

This bodes very poorly for the future of NZ.

My guess is that the current 'quakes have bankrupted the country and that the true financial postition has been covered up. NZ, seeming to have the image that it has brightest of futures ahead, and is well managed, has overextended itself and many quiet loans will come due all at once.

Why it is always a surprise when a high roller suddenly goes bust? Is it because the public secretly want to believe the dream?

Also, same week as Italy's PM resigns. Suspicious much?

Rats deserting a sinking ship, perhaps?

edit on 4/12/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Good riddance to the bloody Globalist. Very dodgy history, especially involving derivatives in Ireland and early career currency manipulation.

Too many kiwis believe the "grew up poor with a single mother in a state house" narrative. He's not one of us, he "donated" millions of tax payers money to the Clinton Foundation.

edit on 5-12-2016 by deessell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join