It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Corp Of Engineers deny's permit and shuts down Pipeline!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I didn't know they had planned to put it "under" the river.

That is a disaster waiting to happen. Pipelines have been sorely neglected in the past as far maintenance and inspections resulting in massive spills. I don't know how they planned on periodically inspecting a pipeline that was supposed to go under a river. If they were planning to do so at all.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Wow. Talk about unexpected!!

This is amazingly great news.

Although we all know this won't be the end of this thing. But it's a great day and a great win.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Weren't all permits secured years ago?

Did Obama just force the Army Corps of Engineers to renege?

I smell a a lawsuit against the Feds and us taxpayers will end up paying for Obama's authoritarianism yet again.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Now the terrorists and illegal occupiers can leave, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

No ones leaving. From Brenda Norell

DAPL is expected to drill anyway -- without a permit. Oceti Sakowin water protectors urged to stay in camp. The Army Corps of Engineers denied DAPL Permit. The announcement was made live in the Big Circle at Oceti Sakowin Camp, live on Standing Rock Spirit Resistance Radio, with Chairman Dave Archambault. Now from the Camp: DAPL is expected to pay the fines and continue drilling without a permit. At Oceti Sakowin Camp, they urged people not to leave the camp, because DAPL is expected to drill anyway, without a permit. "Stick around and make sure that doesn't happen." Listen live now on Standing Rock Spirit Resistance Radio, Sunday afternoon.

www.facebook.com...

There will obviously be much more in the coming weeks. The Army Corp despite denying the permit, will be undertaking the kind of surveys they should have from the beginning. The indigenous communities will be consulted.
Right now besides this being a big step in the right direction for anyone along the Missouri River who drinks water,
Fences have to be mended between the state Government and the Sioux, between many parties.

No ones going anywhere for a while.

and are you calling the 2000 Military Veterans from all branches, and the Native Veterans who live there and are also at the camp terrorists?
I hope not.
edit on 4-12-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This is definitely an awesome development, in that it won't go through native american territory and not potentially disrupt burial ground, but it will still be built.

If built further upstream, around the original route, it will still threaten the water supply if it ruptures; additionally, it would cost too much to route it back around the territory to the south.

I'm afraid it will eventually be built, somewhere. This was simply a battle won; corporate interests will not relent.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The whole thing has gotten bigger than that now. Banks and investment funds have been pulling out pressured by everyday people who canceled their bank accounts and moved to one not funding projects like pipelines. It may have started out with the Sioux Nations rights being trampled over, but now it's about so much more.

It's about agencies and companies being responsive to the will of the people.
It's about not letting big business funk up our water and lands and get away with it scott free.

I can't see us going backwards now.

I am so Proud those Veterans did what they did and showed up. Altho I'm one as well, I didn't get signed up in time to be one of the 2000. Everyone in this country thought it would be come po-dunk militia who would start a civil war with the government.

Instead we got Military Veterans from all branches standing and saying a resounding NO to the sheriffs and the Governor of South Dakota misusing their authority. They went to protect and serve the people of the US. I'm just busting with pride for the men and lady Vets who are there.
edit on 4-12-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just beaming. I am so happy for the tribe and so proud of our fellow Veterans.
It was the right thing to do, and it took pressure like that to pull it off.
edit on 4-12-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
They have the permit but I bet it's delayed so every body can go home for Christmas and the big party in DC. Then away they go again.

It would be an old gambit that has been played over and over again throughout history.

I wouldn't trust them. They shouldn't let their guard down.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
DP
edit on 4-12-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Yeah. I think the oil company can leave now.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: LifeMode

You didn't read my link to Bloomberg news,
Any pipeline not completed financially will be then called a "stranded asset".

In the case of DAPL if they don't have oil pumping by Jan 1,2017 every single one of their shippers contracts are up for renegotiation. The original contracts were signed when the price of oil was high. So the company is going to take a massive financial hit already. Plus the Baaken fields aren't pumping the amount they'd anticipated so another loss for the company.

Karma isn't a bitch, she's MMA fighter and she's about to kick some serious a$$!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com... id not put the pitch forks down just yet,this just passes off the decision off to trump

Energy Transfer Partners Chief Executive Kelcy Warren, who remained publicly silent on the pipeline for months as protests forced a halt in the pipeline's construction, told NBC News last month that he was "100 percent sure that the pipeline will be approved by a Trump administration," regardless of what the Army Corps ultimately decides.
so lets see if it even gets re routed now

Meanwhile, Sen. John Hoeven, R-North Dakota, said the decision"violates the rule of law and fails to resolve the issue. Instead, it passes the decision off to the next administration, which has already indicated it will approve the easement, and in the meantime perpetuates a difficult situation for North Dakotans." And House Speaker Paul Ryan called the ruling "big-government decision-making at its worst" on Twitter.
and strictly from a conspiracy angle this delay probally aids in clearing out the protestors as hey it looks like they won and now cops dont have to in and clear any one out..... so effectively shutting down future protests by the ACOE closing down the site like they planned but every one going home happy thinking they won id say best thing to hope for is it remains re routed

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I honestly think Trump wants the right thing, and will help to work out the plan to re-route it.
He had a lot of supporters up there as well.
edit on 4-12-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Whats wrong with pipeline? its not like its going to leak, learn learn. There are pipelines over 50 years old and dont leak, whats the big deal
edit on 4-12-2016 by suvorov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I want the best for Native Americas Ancestral Land , but the motives of obama have nothing to do with love and respect for a people , his signature is nothing more than a poison ink.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: overanocean

I want the best for Native Americas Ancestral Land , but the motives of obama have nothing to do with love and respect for a people , his signature is nothing more than a poison ink.

Poison Ink??? That's very poetic. But what does it actually mean???

What is Obama doing that is so poisonous exactly???

Care to explain???

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Terrorists, really???

I'm pretty sure they're called Protestors or Activists but not Terrorists.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Weren't all permits secured years ago?

Did Obama just force the Army Corps of Engineers to renege?

I smell a a lawsuit against the Feds and us taxpayers will end up paying for Obama's authoritarianism yet again.

Isn't it authoritarian to violate the rights of citizens and the communities they live in?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join