It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rouhani Urges Obama to Block Iran Sanctions Law Extension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Iran urged Barack Obama to block a law that would extend the U.S. president’s authority to impose sanctions on the Islamic Republic, calling it a violation of the Iranian nuclear deal.

On Thursday, the Senate voted 99-0 to extend the Iran Sanctions Act, which authorizes a president to prevent investment in Iran’s energy sector and other sensitive industries. While Obama has waived most sanctions under the nuclear accord, congressional leaders said keeping them in reserve provides valuable leverage against Iran.

Lawmakers interrupted Rouhani’s appearance in parliament, which was broadcast live on state television. Some briefly chanted “Death to America” when the president spoke about the Iran Sanctions Act and mentioned Obama, defying calls for calm from parliament speaker Ali Larijani.

Their parliament was chanting "Death to America"....
Stay classy Iran!!!

Anyhow, I can't wait to hear Democrats defend a deal with an Islamic Republic whose representatives want America erased from earth…

Thankfully Iran is populated with religious zealots whose societal inherent IQ barely crests three digits...

Sadly societies of the high west have given those Stone Age savages technology sufficient to split the atom and create atomic weapons…
Something they could have NEVER achieved based on their own scientific evolution which remains in retrograde since the 7th century or so...

Anyhow, congratulations Obama on reaffirming why America has sent a mandate to its government to erase your legacy in its totality..
And rid itself of your moral relativism which would see us bowing to a magic moon god five times a day when we are the country who split the atom and walked on the moon...

-Chris
edit on 4-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

If they are serious why not wait til Trump is prez. Then no opposition to anything the repubs want to do.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Whether Obama does or doesn't there will be a financial downfall. As the Asian Infrastructure and Investment Bank gets more credibility in world markets, I think it's just a matter of time for the dollar. Iran is already looking to trade with Russia and China in local currencies anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Still waiting for these mystical iranian nuclear weapons.....

I am more worried on the high tec weapons mine and your country is sending to saudi arabia.....
edit on 4-12-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Still waiting for these mystical iranian nuclear weapons.....

I am more worried on the high tec weapons mine and your country is sending to saudi arabia.....

Don't worry, America has a new president if u haven't heard...

No longer do we have a man who sensibilities were shaped in an Indonesian madrasah as our commander-in-chief…

We have a leader who yearns to fight the Islamic shadow over the world...

Saudi Arabia will be put in their place and operate in total deference to the US…or else

Trump will not bow to the Saudi king as obama did [literally and figuratively]..

-Chris

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Iran urged Barack Obama to block a law that would extend the U.S. president’s authority to impose sanctions on the Islamic Republic, calling it a violation of the Iranian nuclear deal.

On Thursday, the Senate voted 99-0 to extend the Iran Sanctions Act, which authorizes a president to prevent investment in Iran’s energy sector and other sensitive industries. While Obama has waived most sanctions under the nuclear accord, congressional leaders said keeping them in reserve provides valuable leverage against Iran.

Lawmakers interrupted Rouhani’s appearance in parliament, which was broadcast live on state television. Some briefly chanted “Death to America” when the president spoke about the Iran Sanctions Act and mentioned Obama, defying calls for calm from parliament speaker Ali Larijani.

Their parliament was chanting "Death to America"....
Stay classy Iran!!!

Anyhow, I can't wait to hear Democrats defend a deal with an Islamic Republic whose representatives want America erased from earth…

Thankfully Iran is populated with religious zealots whose societal inherent IQ barely crests three digits...

Sadly societies of the high west have given those Stone Age savages technology sufficient to split the atom and create atomic weapons…
Something they could have NEVER achieved based on their own scientific evolution which remains in retrograde since the 7th century or so...

Anyhow, congratulations Obama on reaffirming why America has sent a mandate to its government to erase your legacy in its totality..
And rid itself of your moral relativism which would see us bowing to a magic moon god five times a day when we are the country who split the atom and walked on the moon...

-Chris

Iranians have their own reasons for hating American politics. Perhaps you didn't know that in the 1950s, the CIA murdered a democratically elected president and replaced him with the Shaw, who repressed all freedoms, tortured children in the presence of their parents, disappeared and impoverished his citizens as a US authoritarian regime. You really should work on that history IQ and moral relativism of yours.

edit on 4-12-2016 by Gianfar because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

In 1941 Japan bombed and killed thousands of US servicemen at the Hawaiian naval base Pearl Harbor...
They are now among our greatest allies...in fact Japan remains the culture I hold in highest esteem on this good earth...
well, second highest behind America

In short, who gives a sh*t about what happened then...we got over it and don't sit around bitching about the 1941 attack...or the 50s in Irans case...or the effing crusades in the case of Islam as whole.

I mean Jesus, I'm not still whining that the Chinese imported the bubonic plague to medieval Europe and killed off as much as half of continental Europe...

Get over it whiners..,

-Chris
edit on 4-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

We have a leader who yearns to fight the Islamic shadow over the world

And you will have ww3. Hope you survive in Texas, you probably will. You are probably past the age of having to go yourself, so it's all good, right?

Wish I felt the same way for all the families and innocents in the Middle East who won't be quite so lucky.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
a reply to: Gianfar

In 1941 Japan bombed and killed thousands of US servicemen at the Hawaiian naval base Pearl Harbor...
They are now among our greatest allies...in fact Japan remains the culture I hold in highest esteem on this good earth...
well, second highest behind America

In short, who gives a sh*t about what happened then...we got over it and don't sit around bitching about the 1941 attack...or the 50s in Irans case...or the effing crusades in the case of Islam as whole.

I mean Jesus, I'm not still whining that the Chinese imported the bubonic plague to medieval Europe and killed off as much as half of continental Europe...

Get over it whiners..,

-Chris

Japan became our friend because we dropped two atomic bombs on heavily populated cities, even though our generals agreed that the war would be over in a few weeks. And let's be clear, in a parallel universe the plan to attack Peal Harbor actually failed, because US military intelligence deciphered the Japanese transmission codes days before the Japanese fleet was close enough to launch the attack. Someone in high office made the moral decision to allow 5,000 US sailors to perish in order to counter the anti-war sentiment of the time.

As for your comparison between that and the two front invasion of the Middle East by the US, I would only say that Muslims are not Japanese, and they obviously apply divergent contexts in terms of war and retribution. Let's not forget the fact that the American people ruthlessly decimated the ancient civilization of 62 million Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan, while 18 Saudis were responsible for downing the Twin Towers.

When you take off the gloves, so does the other side.

edit on 7-12-2016 by Gianfar because: typo

new topics

top topics

join