It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump warns of ‘retribution’ for companies that offshore jobs, threatening 35 percent tariff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Is there more supply?

Why are you asking me? You are the one who just said Chinese and Indian lead are entering the market.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No I said very soon it will enter the market, because it has to. We use it up, and the amount out there in the secondary market would quickly run into a shortages and back orders.

My question is how do you know if there is more supply? I understand that there is a supply, but I cant say what the cost of carting that heavy stuff over the ocean is.

And if you know anything of the commodity market more supply means lower cost.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

No I said very soon it will enter the market, because it has to. We use it up, and the amount out there in the secondary market would quickly run into a shortages and back orders.

Do you even understand how the global commodities markets function? China is already supplying the market with lead and its impact is already accounted for.

My question is how do you know if there is more supply?

Why? Are you concerned the world lead supply is going to be depleted?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

is it cheaper than recycled?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

is it cheaper than recycled?

The price of lead is the price of lead. Just like all commodities. The origination of the material is not important, all that matters is how much is in demand and if supply is meeting it or not.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ahh we finally get to the main point. It does matter. If we are at war for any length of time, it may be very difficult to get the lead. If we enter a shooting war I am sure that we would have a lead shortage, and it wouldn't take long. This is a national security issue. Can you see that?

When components of certain military products are only available from other countries, that is a serious security issue.

The origination of the material is not important, all that matters is how much is in demand and if supply is meeting it or not.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ahh we finally get to the main point. It does matter. If we are at war for any length of time, it may be very difficult to get the lead. If we enter a shooting war I am sure that we would have a lead shortage, and it wouldn't take long. This is a national security issue. Can you see that?

No, I cannot see that for several major reasons that you keep ignoring.

We have been at war, two of them, for over a decade, see any shortages? Did the military run out of bullets and I missed something?

Also, we are the 3rd largest producer of lead on the planet, so it is not going to be 'difficult to get the lead'.

When components of certain military products are only available from other countries, that is a serious security issue.

Lead is not one of them.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Not with our lead supplier, do you think we will receive lead if we are bombing their military?

We have been at war, two of them, for over a decade, see any shortages? Did the military run out of bullets and I missed something?

We are the 3rd in the world at mining ore that we no longer process. We recycle (secondary process) from what you have told me a lot of lead.

Also, we are the 3rd largest producer of lead on the planet, so it is not going to be 'difficult to get the lead'.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Not with our lead supplier, do you think we will receive lead if we are bombing their military?

We gonna bomb every lead producer on the planet? Australia, Peru and Mexico (2nd, 4th and 5th) getting in on your over the top hysteria?

We are the 3rd in the world at mining ore that we no longer process. We recycle (secondary process) from what you have told me a lot of lead.

Yeah? And? Do you think those secondary smelters work any different than a primary smelter? If you read what I linked you would already understand the answer is 'no'.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I think we will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I think we will have to agree to disagree.

Fine with me, you can keep thinking there is or is going to be a lead shortage.

I legitimate issues to worry about.

edit on 4-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
OK, I will sweat the small stuff.

Good debate, thank you

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No problem, and have fun.

Oh, on a side note, the American sock company I use is Socks4Life.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I will look into them for my little tootsies. Thanks again

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Metallicus

Time to rebuild America and get back to a point where we even export anything again before this becomes a concern for us.

So where is the money going to come from if he cuts taxes? He wants tax cuts for companies (real shocker) and cut taxes for the wealthy so where is the money going to come from? Does he have the magic money fairy on speed dial?

From a larger tax base from people actually working again.

I forgot about the magic money fairies cousin the magic job fairy.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Metallicus

Time to rebuild America and get back to a point where we even export anything again before this becomes a concern for us.

So where is the money going to come from if he cuts taxes? He wants tax cuts for companies (real shocker) and cut taxes for the wealthy so where is the money going to come from? Does he have the magic money fairy on speed dial?

Not paying benefits to illegal immigrants will be a good start.

Cutting all subsidies to corporations that are making a profit would be an even better one.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeywoodFloyd

Trump the man who never sleeps, talked about lowering corp taxes (the ones large corp skirt) and warned companies that are planning to offshore that a 35% tariff is going to slapped on their goods as the product roll in to the US.

a GREAT IDEA by Trump.
I totally agree, and I wish he implements it, on January 20, 2017.

Apple Inc. will be in trouble.

all iPhones and iPads are "made in China" products.
- but nobody talks about it...
(the are just "designed" in Cupertino, California)

they are manufactured in China by a Chinese company called Foxconn.
at Foxconn employees are treated as SLAVES.
and Apple Inc. is complicit in this.

link:

Bloomberg - Inside One of the World’s Most Secretive iPhone Factories

That's interesting isn't it? Of course, Trump would never invest in a company that would rather use offshore labour would he? Well, clothing doesn't count because apparently you can't make that in America................

heavy.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yay! I'm going to LOVE paying more for everything. Nothing like an additional 35% charge passed onto consumers to drain my wallet to look forward to.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
the reason trump is having to do this is is because of the trade crap started by bill clinton that let the manufacturing jobs leave hell even the service based jobs are leaving the country for cheaper labor when was the last time you called tech support and talked to somebody in us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join