It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump warns of ‘retribution’ for companies that offshore jobs, threatening 35 percent tariff

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Metallicus

Time to rebuild America and get back to a point where we even export anything again before this becomes a concern for us.

So where is the money going to come from if he cuts taxes? He wants tax cuts for companies (real shocker) and cut taxes for the wealthy so where is the money going to come from? Does he have the magic money fairy on speed dial?

From a larger tax base from people actually working again.

So from we the people? Where is our say in all of this?

Lol. And you guys say things like "small government," bahahah.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Notice anything about the state of your pay with the graph?

That graph does not reflect my salary at all.

You seem to be listening to the wealthy side of the tariff talks, not the worker side.

I am listening the sound economic side, trade wars and tariffs do not benefit the worker in the long term, solid fiscal policy does.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21607245]AugustusMasonicus[/post

Who wrote the sound economic info you are listening to?

I can tell you what the lobbied politicians are doing is going to quickly become a national security issue.

Large corps don't care if there is a problem getting the correct steel for a main bearing in a turret in a tank, they care about getting the most amount of profit for the steel in the bearing. Suddenly we are at war with the country that makes the steel for the bearing, guess what happens next.

There is more to the nation that the profits next quarter.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Trump the man who never sleeps, talked about lowering corp taxes (the ones large corp skirt) and warned companies that are planning to offshore that a 35% tariff is going to slapped on their goods as the product roll in to the US.

a GREAT IDEA by Trump.
I totally agree, and I wish he implements it, on January 20, 2017.

Apple Inc. will be in trouble.

all iPhones and iPads are "made in China" products.
- but nobody talks about it...
(the are just "designed" in Cupertino, California)

they are manufactured in China by a Chinese company called Foxconn.
at Foxconn employees are treated as SLAVES.
and Apple Inc. is complicit in this.

link:

Bloomberg - Inside One of the World’s Most Secretive iPhone Factories

edit on 4-12-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: format

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

I am afraid the corps have push the outsourcing too far. Now they face the inevitable snap back.

People are sick of seeing this. They outsourced products that come back to the US, same price, crap quality. You call the company for service and you can't understand a fricken word, the corp outsourced the help line to help you with the out sourced defective part.

The only one seeing any benefits to outsourcing is in the corp circle, period.
edit on 4-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Who wrote the sound economic info you are listening to?

Larry Kudlow, John Tamny, Jim Powell and Stephen Moore to name a few.

I can tell you what the lobbied politicians are doing is going to quickly become a national security issue.

Large corps don't care if there is a problem getting the correct steel for a main bearing in a turret in a tank, they care about getting the most amount of profit for the steel in the bearing. Suddenly we are at war with the country that makes the steel for the bearing, guess what happens next.

There is more to the nation that the profits next quarter.

I am not sure what improper sourcing has to do with trade tariffs or protectionism. These are two separate topics.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeywoodFloyd
they are manufactured in China by a Chinese company called Foxconn.

Foxconn is a Taiwanese company. It is also manufactured by Pegatron, another Taiwanese company.

Additionally, components are source all over the world for it, including the United States.

edit on 4-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

And how would you get this out the post?,by making big corporation's that send products overseas to be assembled then sent back,thus bypassing any labor or tax law in the US,pay a penalty?,if we are to rebuild America we need to start producing,rather then consuming,unless your afraid there may be lot's of job's available and you might have to get a job,we have labor laws here,and a set minumum wage,somehow liberals think that money comes out of thin air,no concept of any form of buisness or the like,I have met some recent graduates with a Masters degree,working at a warehouse lifting boxes,this is sad

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I am afraid the corps have push the outsourcing too far. Now they face the inevitable snap back.

As far as what you choose to believe, that is up to you. But it seems like you are listening to the fox telling you (the farmer) that he alone should watch the hen house.

My point is when there is only one source, like lead. We get all our lead from outside the US. Is this a good idea. (bullets are made of lead). It is simply cheaper to import lead from foreign sources. Is this good for the US?

While environmental militants may cheer the demise of the Doe Run Company smelter in Herculaneum, Missouri, as an ecological “victory,” the plant’s closure will have little-to-no positive environmental impact, while causing significant economic harm. The potential implications for individual liberty and national security could prove to be even more significant. Meanwhile, Congress continues to permit the EPA to wreak havoc on the American economy, with draconian regulations that have no basis in science and are causing incalculable harm. EPA regulations

EPA Shutting Down Last-standing U.S. Primary Lead Smelter
www.thenewamerican.com...

I am not sure what improper sourcing has to do with trade tariffs or protectionism. These are two separate topics.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Metallicus

Time to rebuild America and get back to a point where we even export anything again before this becomes a concern for us.

So where is the money going to come from if he cuts taxes? He wants tax cuts for companies (real shocker) and cut taxes for the wealthy so where is the money going to come from? Does he have the magic money fairy on speed dial?

From a larger tax base from people actually working again.

Which also means less welfare/unemployment payments, so our expenses go down.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
china is the worlds #1 importer of food, we can survive and prosper without all the Chinese made crap being imported and sold at Wal-Mart, china can`t survive or prosper without the food they import from the U.S.

most of the stuff that countries import from the U.S. is stuff that they can`t produce for themselves if they could produce it themselves they would already be doing that.

everything that the U.S. imports is stuff that we used to make and could make again if the need arises.The U.S. is a production superpower when and if it needs to be.

The most important point is that products made in America are quality products.since American companies have outsourced jobs I have seen a noticeable lack of quality in the products they sell.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It is the consumer that drives these decisions.

As far as what you choose to believe, that is up to you. But it seems like you are listening to the fox telling you (the farmer) that he alone should watch the hen house.

Not sure where you are getting that from, I said no such thing.

My point is when there is only one source, like lead. We get all our lead from outside the US. Is this a good idea. (bullets are made of lead). It is simply cheaper to import lead from foreign sources. Is this good for the US?

We are still the 3rd largest producer of lead in the world, I would not panic. Also, that is the secondary process you are linking which is not required for primary production. You can still get your bullets.

edit on 4-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You guys have no idea of the purchasing power of United States. No country consumes goods as we do, Europe does somewhat and rest of the world just does not have money to buy anything but local products made by local farmers or local car manufacturers. If you want to be a successful corp, you need to sell in United States, so if Trump raises tariffs %200 corporations will still sell in United States. All other countries besides Euorope are freaking poor they buy fake adidas,fake shoes, fake cars, fake frying pans, fake ciggarrettes, bad tech, they spend years worth of salary to buy iphone. Even in Europe people like to conserve their money and spend it on things they only need
edit on 4-12-2016 by suvorov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Are you talking about recycled lead?

The consumer will but what is offered when needed. The large corps tell the public that all we care about is price. But that isn't true. I bought a Honda because I want a car that isn't breaking down all the time. It was more $.

I buy red wing boots (US made) becasue I don't want to buy boots every 5 months. They cost more $.

I would gladly pay more $ for better quality textiles, but go buy socks, they used to be made in the US. But now are made over seas, same price.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Are you talking about recycled lead?

No, I just said we are the world's 3rd largest producer of lead, the smelting process you linked is not required for primary production.

The consumer will but what is offered when needed. The large corps tell the public that all we care about is price. But that isn't true. I bought a Honda because I want a car that isn't breaking down all the time. It was more $.

No, the consumer dictates EVERY aspect production. No one forces you to purchase a Honda an iPhone or any other products. If someone is price sensitive they will purchase a product that suits their demands, just like someone who is quality conscious will seek out those products.

I buy red wing boots (US made) becasue I don't want to buy boots every 5 months. They cost more $.

I would gladly pay more $ for better quality textiles, but go buy socks, they used to be made in the US. But now are made over seas, same price.

There are socks made in the United States, I purchase them myself, I think you need to look harder.

edit on 4-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

If the product isn't offered I can't buy it. I went to buy a toilet fill valve. I used to buy a specific kind. It is now made in Mexico, still 13.99$. There are 3 things that changed.
US workers fired.
Mexican workers hired.
Profits at the company are up.

This is not a one size fits all situation. The idea that consumers drive where and what quality the products are made is a very simplistic way of forwarding the status quo. The corps would be perfectly satisfied to keep slowly draining the jobs from the US. It will shortly reach a tipping point.

Explain please

No, I just said we are the world's 3rd largest producer of lead, the smelting process you linked is not required for primary production.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If the product isn't offered I can't buy it. I went to buy a toilet fill valve. I used to buy a specific kind. It is now made in Mexico, still 13.99$. There are 3 things that changed.
US workers fired.
Mexican workers hired.
Profits at the company are up.

And? Did you get your toilet valve? If you wanted to send a message you could have purchased another product but you just proved my point. You got your valve and the company had its go to market reinforced by your purchase.

Explain please

Read.

edit on 4-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I disagree, with all the $ rolling in to the company, they can afford to loose the people who care about this issue.

And with the mass exotus of US made product, good luck finding anything when you need it. They control where it is made until they are encouraged (loss of $) to do the right thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I can't shoot lead ore out of my 12 gauge. The ore has to be processed. The US doesn't make lead anymore, we make ore.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

And with the mass exotus of US made product, good luck finding anything when you need it. They control where it is made until they are encouraged (loss of $) to do the right thing.

We still make a tremendous amount of product in the United States, I see this every day I go to work and visit various manufacturing facilities across the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join