It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL Cold Open Dec 3- Twit in Chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Let's build that swamp and drain that wall, shall we??

edit on 4-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

There is nothing funnier than comedians taking the piss out of peoples shortcomings & all things being fair, Alec Baldwins Trump is pure #in gold, I can't get enough of that sh!t, seriously.

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery so all things being fair, Trump appears to be The Man - you can take that how you please.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Alec Baldwin's Trump is great. However, I am pretty sure they are not trying to flatter him.

I am trying to figure out which man Trump is.

The man from ipanema? No, wait that is a girl.

The man from U.N.C.L.E. ? Mmm, probably not.

The man from Snowy River? No, that's Kirk Douglas.

I am still gonna go with Twit in Chief.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Let's just agree on calling him 'the orange bloke who has everyones attention', that way everyone will know what the # we're on about.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

There is nothing funnier than comedians taking the piss out of peoples shortcomings & all things being fair, Alec Baldwins Trump is pure #in gold, I can't get enough of that sh!t, seriously.

I preferred Darrel Hammond's portrayal of Trump.

Notice that Kate Mckinnon, who played Hillary Clinton on SNL, was never made to appear as if she were 70 years old. Instead they made Hillary look as if she were in her early 30s, with no gray hairs and no wrinkles, nothing.

Enter Baldwin and his portrayal of Trump. They enhanced his wrinkles, over exaggerate his hair piece, and place a lot of emphasis on his lower lip.

Baldwin's over exaggerations would be fine if their portrayals of Hillary were equally exaggerated.

But I digress.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
lol. the skit makes fun of his tweeting and the orange toddler tweets after the show.

Just tried watching Saturday Night Live - unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and the Baldwin impersonation just can't get any worse. Sad

so predictable. lol. alex Baldwin is awesome!!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Agreed

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
lol. the skit makes fun of his tweeting and the orange toddler tweets after the show.

Just tried watching Saturday Night Live - unwatchable! Totally biased, not funny and the Baldwin impersonation just can't get any worse. Sad

so predictable. lol. alex Baldwin is awesome!!

That has to be "Sad!" unless the exclamation point goes over the character limit.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The Hunt for Hil skit had me rolling as I'm a huge fan of those types of shows.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I can't wait until some foreign country says something bad about him. Just to see what his juvenile response will be.
Bomb them. Sanction them. And if they really offend him watch out world. The babyman is loose.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

That was a great sketch.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Donald trump said the skit was sad. You know what's sad, is a president elect concerned about what is said on TV, enough to bring even more unfavorable attention to himself.

It's time For Trump to act presidential. The response to his tweet was classic.

edit on 4-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: knoxie

I can't wait until some foreign country says something bad about him. Just to see what his juvenile response will be.
Bomb them. Sanction them. And if they really offend him watch out world. The babyman is loose.

exactly...look how he reacted to the cast of "Hamilton" all they said was think of all of us when making decisions....I don't remember the exact quote..

the cast thanked Pence for coming to the show and addressed him as ":SIR"

Trump went ballistic saying they had to apologize to Pence, and that the cast harassed Pence.... his reaction is VERY TELLING.....this is just the BEGINNING....wait until something major actually happens

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
People still watch SNL?

Sorry to hear that.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom
i never thought of that.
but i love how they did not have a sketch where you saw the hilllary crybabies, or when she lost and left everyone behind at the javitz.

that is the sketch there, hilllary trying to make it to the javitz to talk.

but no, the next week they have the chick singing that stupid song, like the world is going to end now.

lorne lepowitz is such an alt lefter its insane.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
People still watch SNL?

Sorry to hear that.

Yes, have you seen Alec Baldwin as Trump? It's fuggin Great! Time to tune back in.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Alec Baldwin needs to follow through with his OWN promises...and MOVE! (out of the USA!)

He's already been here (12) years too long!!!!

Screw Baldwin!!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

but no, the next week they have the chick singing that stupid song, like the world is going to end now.

Oh yea, if I recall that was the episode that Dave Chapelle hosted on Nov 12th (the first episode after the election).

They didn't even feature Trump at all in that episode and they made McKinnon play Hillary and sing that stupid song, like some kind of mock ritual eulogy written by Clinton's campaign staff rather than the writers for SNL.

Mainstream Television is sinking to an all time 'low' in relevancy. They alienate half their audience by adhering to a partisan agenda. The fact that it's left leaning is irrelevant, it could be right leaning and the effect would be the same. The problem is that they inject any political ideology in their content which in turn alienates those who do not share those same political views.

It's a really poor business decision, IMHO.

Good comedy tends to stay toward the center whilst offering just enough subtlety for the audience to interpret it however they want yet still get the joke.

edit on 12/4/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Wow...really?

I HATE his version of Trump. It gets worse and worse as it goes on. Although, it could be because all I hear is Baldwin's voice, and I think that he is a vile human being, so that could be tainting my opinion on the matter.

top topics

join