It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: The United States is Open for Business

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Trump's 8 years is gonna make Obama's 8 years look like the epitome of shame.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Trumps election and subsequent actions since have only confirmed what most around the planet already know - Obama (and Hillary) are yesterdays irrelevance that no-one cares about, it's time for new ideas, new concepts, new deals - it's what the American people voted for and it appears to be a good decision - the bloke is already at work and he's not even at work yet!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't think Trump has the power to fundamentally change the way the corporate oligarchy operates.

But the oligarchy will definitely change Trump. He has already bailed on some of his key campaign promises like deporting 3 million Mexicans. Looks like the cheap labor gets to stay.

www.washingtontimes.com...

And prosecuting Clinton.

www.nytimes.com...

Just a big talker...How stupid do you have to be to believe anything he says?

And look at Trumps appointees...old school DC insiders.

www.wsj.com...
edit on 4-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Don't mean to derail the thread but I was curious. Trump is in the midst of what clearly must be a huge and comprehensive IRS audit given how long it's taking. Now he gets to appoint the head of the IRS. How can anyone have faith in the outcome of the audit? Self preservation on the part of the IRS team doing the audit would certainly favor 'look the other way' if anything dodgy is found.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I wonder what Trump supporters will be saying once this 35% tariff is enacted and everyone is suddenly paying 35% more for everything.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Trumps election and subsequent actions since have only confirmed what most around the planet already know - Obama (and Hillary) are yesterdays irrelevance that no-one cares about, it's time for new ideas, new concepts, new deals - it's what the American people voted for and it appears to be a good decision - the bloke is already at work and he's not even at work yet!!!

New ideas? Tariffs are ideas from the 1700's. What's so new about them?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Not by making it sooooooo expensive for businesses that you force them to move out of the country.

Not knocking trump however:

The only way you will be able to accomplish this is by bringing Americas standard of living down to Third world levels , so we can compete.

The reality is you would have to force business to stay via regulations and penalties or pay them to stay.

America can't keep its standard of living and compete against slave labor , non worker rights, non benefits, cost of living and non regulations in Third world countries. The 3rd highly unlikely option is to make Global worker rights, benefits, and regulations, which will never happen.

Another issue with keeping manufacturing jobs is, are they even going to be required 20 years from now? With automation,robotics, and 3d printing technologies making big leaps within the next 20 years are those jobs even needed.

Personally , I think the bigger issue in the US is the H1 Visa jobs being taken by foreign workers for cheaper wages and overhead.

edit on 581231America/ChicagoMon, 05 Dec 2016 11:58:31 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Star and Flagging for the generations of Americans to follow...including my grand and greatgrandchildren...as well as all Americans..no matter the race or religion.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well walmart and other places where the middle to lower class can afford to shop are going to either go out of business or significantly raise their prices.......

Those are the people that are going to suffer the most

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
He's a corporate welfare shill.
Just look at Carrier.

Face it. What happened to pure-unadulterated-free-let-the-market-decide capitalism?

I think there is someone on food stamps who needs investigating.
So I'll see you later.

So lowering taxes on huge employers to incentivize them to keep their jobs in the U.S. is corporate welfare?

So instead of incentivizing job providers to stay and taxing the ones who import cheap goods to even the playing field, what would you suggest?

What is your alternative? I bet you won't even answer.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

He's a corporate welfare shill.
Just look at Carrier.

Face it. What happened to pure-unadulterated-free-let-the-market-decide capitalism?

I think there is someone on food stamps who needs investigating.
So I'll see you later.

"Corporate welfare"? Please explain this term to me. Explain to me how in the last 8 years, without this "corporate welfare" more companies have outsourced and even physically moved to other countries leaving hard working good American citizens without work or money to care for their families?

Please tell me how that is better for them?

A business runs to make a profit. If you make it less profitable here for them to remain in business, they WILL find another country that allows them to make that profit when it is less expensive to "make their product" there and ship it back here.

Please explain how this benefits Americans?

So let me understand this...

You're not really for let the market decide Capitalism?

You're for bailing out business' that fail just because they're "American".

Great logic there.

It's not bailing them out. It's lowering their taxes. It's not costing tax payers anything out of their pockets. A bail out would be to give them a loan of some sort.

How is this not capitalism? If it is capitalism now then it will be capitalism then also being that nothing will change except the tax rate.

Do you have a problem with keeping jobs in the U.S.? Are an American that lives in the U.S.?

If you do want to keep jobs in the U.S. and you are an American that lives in the U.S. then I have a question for you.

What alternative from the OP do you offer as a solution to keep jobs in the U.S.?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

paying TAXES

I like how you had to shout "taxes", all the while defending the business not having to pay "TAXES" while they suck on the "TAX payers" nipple.

Great logic there.

In what way are they sucking on the tax payers nipple? Explain YOUR logic.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

paying TAXES

I like how you had to shout "taxes", all the while defending the business not having to pay "TAXES" while they suck on the "TAX payers" nipple.

Great logic there.

In what way are they sucking on the tax payers nipple? Explain YOUR logic.

Ever heard of subsudies.....? Paid to already profitable corporations.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.politicususa.com...

All paid for by the American Taxpayer.....try and keep up!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It takes multiple tweets, at 144 max character each, to get the message across. Spelling and grammar errors? are you stupid, short cuts and truncated words are used to get the messages within character count.
Why are you son anal, full of hate of Trump, I'll guess.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

The IRS has been auditing Trump for the past 8 years (under Obama) so no cheating. Now that he is President, the IRS does Trumps taxes, and that is public info.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The 35% tariff is NOT across all products, only those products that were previously USA built, but production moved out of the USA, just to lower costs and then are sold back to the US. All of these products have competitors with USA built products which will not have a tariff.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

Go back and reread my post

Ill be waiting here for your apology

Unless you were being sarcastic and in that case touche

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join