It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Custon Background Image Limits, and "ATSNN Reporter"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
With the custom background image i'm thinking of making, I'll need to know the exact number of pixels that are allowed, length and width. Sorry if this has been answered before. I've searched all over for it and have found nothing.

I'm also curious....what does it take exacly to get the title "ATSNN Reporter"? How many articles?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
here are a few links that may help you out if not U2U Kinglizard or Zedd for more help or information.

ABOUT ATS: Avatar and Signature Guidelines

Zed, KingLizard, or Jak are the Avatar people around here that come to mind I’m sure there are many many more.
Zedd’s House of Avatars

As to ATSNN Reporter ATSNN Tutorial

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

I hope these links help you out

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
for the image background, it varies. i dont know the minimum, but you can figure that out, just measure the length it stretches on your first post. however, if you most something much longer, the image repeats. check out some of val's posts, like the ones she has here. its easily noticeable.

for ATSNN, sumbit new, original, and insightful stories. if you are worthy, you'll get it after a while. still, its not necessary, you can still submit stories, they just need to be approved.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Background images need to be less than 50k in size. You need to take into account that different members have different screen resolutions. A good tip that I got was to use a gif that extended out past what anyone would possibly want their resolution at. (My background below). Notice how my background repeats on long post. Keep that in mind and try to make the bottom and top edge match for the best look.

To get the reporter status, just keep doing a good job of submitting stories.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
I'm also curious....what does it take exacly to get the title "ATSNN Reporter"? How many articles?

We don't look for a certain number of stories. What we look for is a consistent, regular posting of news stories that follow the guidelines over a period of time.

If people are interested in becoming a reporter, submit stories and express that interest to one (or all) of the editors. It's that simple!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Great, thanks for the links and advice. Helpful as always

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Banshee, can one just earn the title "reporter" or are there responsibillities aside from meeting the guidlines? (SORT OF LIKE BEING KNIGHTED)

And my big peeve/desire these days is
Why dont i get to see my backround color, or avatars, points bar etc on the Politics site? is this only for ATS?

(jesting) this is the discrimination i knew was comming from the "seperate but equal" split in the boards!, just kick us politicos out and give us the minimum(jesting)

seriously, i like all the pretty colora and humourous pics but i miss them on the politics boards...
i can see why not on the news site,
but give us liberty here!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Banshee, can one just earn the title "reporter" or are there responsibillities aside from meeting the guidlines? (SORT OF LIKE BEING KNIGHTED)

Aside from reporters reporting the news,
I require a yearly blood sacrifice, a constant supply of fresh coffee
(2 creams, 1 sugar),
and Italian food served for dinner every night by a gaggle of Calvin Klein models.

O_o

Aside from reporting news according to our published guidelines on a regular basis, reporters also help monitor the ATSNN forum.
Also, when you see a big story, often times many reporters are working together behind the scenes. The recent tsunami is a good example of this. We had one person (me) typing & further updating a story while someone else fed me info (example: I'm in the States, I had a UK reporter feeding me data from news coverage over there, as we didn't have any coverage here), meanwhile 2 other reporters are scouring the web for additional info, and a third may be researching information on who to contact to find out about loved ones or charitable organizations.
While not an official responsibility, it's nice if reporters have a sense of humor as well, cuz working with me would suck if not.

Your question was kind of ambiguous, so I kinda had to guess on the answer there. Hopefully that was the right interpretation.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
If people are interested in becoming a reporter, submit stories and express that interest to one (or all) of the editors. It's that simple!

I didn't know a member had to ask, (express an interest) I thought it was awarded to the member because of showing an effort by posting ATSNN news articles (within the ATSNN guide lines of course) I seen Grady was awarded the reporter status but yet he does not have the title. So I assumed he was picked and turned it down.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Grady is a reporter and he did accept the position. Its a coding issue. A member has to have purchased a mini profile for the reporter tag to activate.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Grady is a reporter and he did accept the position. Its a coding issue. A member has to have purchased a mini profile for the reporter tag to activate.

Thank you FredT for clearing that up for me.

new topics

top topics

join